Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

On 11/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, sid_9169 said:

I thought that the new muster process meant that they didn't close down the bars... Well, they've been closed here at Alchemy for twenty minutes or so, and the natives are beginning to get restless... 

they do it when all the people that didn’t show up go. Like traditional muster. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Sid has Cheers which means he can get those smaller bottles of water free at any bar... I think he wanted the larger bottle to replace the one in his cabin.

According to the specs with Cheers you're allowed to get a large format water bottle (still or sparkling) at the MDR or any of the specialty venues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Neat looking pool / hot tub down in the Havana area.

PXL_20211128_155050124.jpg

It's a pool that is the size of a large hot tub.  That and the view is why the Havana area on the Vista Class ships blows away the Havana area on the Excel Class. 

This area, besides no food except pizza available after 1000 pm are the two areas where the ball was dropped on the MG.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

According to the specs with Cheers you're allowed to get a large format water bottle (still or sparkling) at the MDR or any of the specialty venues.

We got large bottles of water every night in dining room. We also went through 3 bottles in the room and didn’t get charged! Maybe it was our room steward didn’t charge us?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meatball_nyc said:

If Sid had had decent public places onboard to adequately charge his phone (besides his stateroom) during his day today, out and about, enjoying the ship, then he wouldn’t have had to switch to a less than desirable device to continue his review. Just sayin.

Sorry for your troubles tonight, Sid. We understand. It’s not worth the stress! And it’s not your fault. Total respect for all your hard work trying to get it done. We get it. 

Enjoy Cozumel tomorrow, Sid 💕

Here’s to you, Carnival Mardi Gras:

P.S. I understand ship’s internet signals in the middle of the ocean are not what we are used to on land. Hello...

AF41C118-D1FF-4238-BEF8-EF3EDBB0E9A9.jpeg

I carry a small portable battery and cord with me when I travel so I can charge up anytime I need it. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, CruisinPedsNurse said:

they do it when all the people that didn’t show up go. Like traditional muster. 

It’s during the announcement right before sail away.  Happened on Mardi Gras and Panorama.  Bummed me out as I didn’t think bars would close with new muster. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I really want one of those Shaq's Big Chicken sandwiches, but I need to try and keep my calories under control. It's only day 2, and I need to be able to fit into my swimming trunks for five more days...

They do have grilled versions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

I chose to have afternoon cocktails there instead of later when it gets crazy. Somewhere else for prime time, back to alchemy for awhile before they close 😉

That's a good game plan.  I will be starting at P&A with a Bloody Mary or Red Frog Tiki with a MeganGC, oh I mean a Wiki wiki.  A few more samples there around mid day before Alchemy opens.  Then Fortune Teller for early happy hour, Brass Magnolia post dinner and back to Alchemy for closing.  Throw in the occasional comedy show and it should be a great B2B.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

These drinks are what I expect at Alchemy. I didn't see anything special when I was on the Horizon last month when I visited the Alchemy bar. I don't know if it was because we couldn't get a seat at the main bar and we were sitting at the secondary bar/table.....

You need to sit at the main bar and establish a rapport with one of the mixologists.  Starting early in the week always helps.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's a good game plan.  I will be starting at P&A with a Bloody Mary or Red Frog Tiki with a MeganGC, oh I mean a Wiki wiki.  A few more samples there around mid day before Alchemy opens.  Then Fortune Teller for early happy hour, Brass Magnolia post dinner and back to Alchemy for closing.  Throw in the occasional comedy show and it should be a great B2B.

I think the name change is appropriate. Talk to the powers that be. Make it happen. 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1