Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

Pretty soon, more people showed up, and more local beers were passed around, along with some more definitely not bought in the store cigarettes. I was praying that my driver would be good enough to get me the hour drive back to the port. At this point, I at least had the feeling that my organs weren't going to be harvested, or worse. 

PXL_20211201_181644630.thumb.jpg.2e93c6f7d68c99ce095567984560d6e1.jpg

PXL_20211201_181653824.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Pretty soon, more people showed up, and more local beers were passed around, along with some more definitely not bought in the store cigarettes. I was praying that my driver would be good enough to get me the hour drive back to the port. At this point, I at least had the feeling that my organs weren't going to be harvested, or worse. 

PXL_20211201_181644630.thumb.jpg.2e93c6f7d68c99ce095567984560d6e1.jpg

PXL_20211201_181653824.jpg

How did you originally stumble across this place? Do you just take your own ventures when in port or had others told you about this place?

• Like 1

Next thing I knew, we were barreling down the gravel road, trying to swerve around the many giant pot holes. The gravel road gave way to a paved, but still crappy road, also filled with potholes. We were passing and tailgating and swerving in and out of traffic, maybe a little past the point of being comfortable. I knew at least, that we were heading back in the general direction of the port, and a good while later, we arrived. 

I guess that when I set out earlier, I was looking for adventure, and you could say that I got that and then some... Every "real adventure" should include at least one aspect of danger, and in my case, there were many... I headed out this morning, thinking that I was going wayyy across the island to have a few drinks and some lunch, and ended up laughing and carrying on with a bunch of complete strangers as if we were all old friends... 

I paid off my driver when we arrived back, still not sure if he had lied to me in the beginning, but at this point, I guess that it didn't matter. When I got back on the ship, I got a message from the original tour company saying that they were there waiting on me, but like I said, there was definitely no female driver waiting there looking for me...

PXL_20211201_195808054.thumb.jpg.9ea9d6a79e7e30117d9a620e661a6af3.jpg

PXL_20211201_195812512.jpg

• Like 14

Sid, glad you are ok and had a fun adventure!!  Have to admit, was a little scared for you a few posts ago….  Relieved this ended well!!! What’s on the docket tonight???  Thank you for this review. I’m on vacation in Key West reading about your vacation wishing I was in a cruise!! 

• Like 1