On the Glory, is there daily buffet bacon or is it every other day?

NutsAboutGolf

Just got off the Vista Nov. 20 (2 back to back cruises).  Did see "Bacation" signs outside the dining room at the buffet some days, though we ate breakfast/brunch in the dining room every day and bacon was available there (as has been mentioned...)

~Bob

• 2 weeks later...

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!  Oh my gosh, I can't live without my bacon.  I'm calling my travel agent right now to cancel my next 5 cruises!!!!!

😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁    😁   

• Haha 1

An interesting note, We were on RC Oasis a couple weeks ago and not only did they have bacon every day in the Windjammer, they were handing it out in lavish abundance.  Not sure why RC can get tons of bacon and Carnival can't.

9 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

An interesting note, We were on RC Oasis a couple weeks ago and not only did they have bacon every day in the Windjammer, they were handing it out in lavish abundance.  Not sure why RC can get tons of bacon and Carnival can't.

RC costs more? Carnival could purchase more bacon and raise the price of cruises. No thanks.

And I know some will cherry pick Royal cruises that are less expensive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

RC costs more? Carnival could purchase more bacon and raise the price of cruises. No thanks.

And I know some will cherry pick Royal cruises that are less expensive.

Possibly true.

I guess people should either be happy they are paying less and getting 1/2 the bacon and stop complaining about getting 1/2 the bacon or pay more and get bacon until their arteries close.

Honestly on our Pride cruise in October we survived just fine on the "Bacation" days.  I just thought it a bit disingenuous for some to claim it is due to a "Pork shortage" vs Carnival looking at the economics and deciding to cut back on bacon availability.  It is not a shortage of bacon, just a shortage of bacon Carnival is willing to pay for.

Edited by K&RCurt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K&RCurt said:

Possibly true.

I guess people should either be happy they are paying less and getting 1/2 the bacon and stop complaining about getting 1/2 the bacon or pay more and get bacon until their arteries close.

Honestly on our Pride cruise in October we survived just fine on the "Bacation" days.  I just thought it a bit disingenuous for some to claim it is due to a "Pork shortage" vs Carnival looking at the economics and deciding to cut back on bacon availability.  It is not a shortage of bacon, just a shortage of bacon Carnival is willing to pay for.

There is a shortage due to cutbacks in pork production, including a disease impacting making baconettes. The price of feed and everything else is up. California has an impact I will leave for the reader to investigate.

Following the 2020 emergence, a new 1-4-4 strain of PRRS continues to cause issues in the US this year. Sow and piglet mortality has been reported as “extremely high”.

https://www.pigprogress.net/Health/Articles/2021/6/1-4-4-A-new-PRRS-threat-in-the-US-pig-industry-761280E/

When you are in pork production, you have to sell the whole pig - you can't just raise bacon.

It is not cost cutting by Carnival, but cost management.

I was on the Breeze last week with the DW as she was shopping for perfume in the shop on board, on the last day at sea. I asked the guy at the register if he had Bacon Fragrance. He informed me the Bacon Fragrance was only available every other day, yesterday, and the shops would be closed on port day.😂🙄

• Haha 1

On Freedom last week, bacon was only every other day in Lido breakfast buffets. Room service BLTs were turkey bacon. No bacon served at Guy's topping bar.

Everything else was business as usual. You can get a Pig Patty at Guy's, bacon in dining room, bacon bits for your baked potato, etc.

Edited by mz-s