Diamond Lounge

mac66

Been 2 years since our last cruise. Had 4 cruises cancealed in 2020 and 2 this year. Was wondering if they are RC is still running the diamond lounges or something else is going on.  I did a search couldn't find anything recent. We'll be on the Oasis 11/28

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Been 2 years since our last cruise. Had 4 cruises cancealed in 2020 and 2 this year. Was wondering if they are RC is still running the diamond lounges or something else is going on.  I did a search couldn't find anything recent. We'll be on the Oasis 11/28

Fleetwide. D=4 drinks per day. D+= 5 drinks per day. P= 6 drinks per day loaded on your Seapass card. No carry overs. You can also get your allotted drinks in most other bars.  If you go to the DL in the evening your drinks will be subtracted from what's loaded on your Seapass card. No more unlimited drinks in the DL. Others have posted in the DL in the evening snacks are served to you. No more grab and go.

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Fleetwide. D=4 drinks per day. D+= 5 drinks per day. P= 6 drinks per day loaded on your Seapass card. No carry overs. You can also get your allotted drinks in most other bars.  If you go to the DL in the evening your drinks will be subtracted from what's loaded on your Seapass card. No more unlimited drinks in the DL. Others have posted in the DL in the evening snacks are served to you. No more grab and go.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up now that we're back.  The 4 drinks per day worked in every bar and the main & specialty dining. It did not work for the robotic bar thing. We didn't get a bar package this time just to see if 4 drinks/day were enough. It was for the most part a way  to limit alcohol consumption. Some of the people we were with had the drink package were drinking a dozen of more drinks per day. 

And...we never made it to the Diamond lounge, never really looked for it. None of our group were diamonds except us. 

We were on the Oasis and it was only about half booked.

Edited by mac66

7 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Just a follow up now that we're back.  The 4 drinks per day worked in every bar and the main & specialty dining. It did not work for the robotic bar thing. We didn't get a bar package this time just to see if 4 drinks/day were enough. It was for the most part a way  to limit alcohol consumption. Some of the people we were with had the drink package were drinking a dozen of more drinks per day. 

And...we never made it to the Diamond lounge, never really looked for it. We were on the Oasis and it was only about half booked.

And of course you can always pay as you go. We are D+ and while I know I would purchase many beers during the week, it wouldn’t be near enough to justify buying a drink package when they run $60+ per day.  At  $40 a day I would buy the package.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topnole said:

And of course you can always pay as you go. We are D+ and while I know I would purchase many beers during the week, it wouldn’t be near enough to justify buying a drink package when they run $60+ per day.  At  $40 a day I would buy the package.  

Agreed. My wife pointed that out one day when I ran out of drinks on my card. Still a helluva lot cheaper to buy an occasional drink or two or three than the package.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Agreed. My wife pointed that out one day when I ran out of drinks on my card. Still a helluva lot cheaper to buy an occasional drink or two or three than the package.

Exactly.  If you get four or five free drinks for D or D+, then buy 5-6 beers every day that is still a lot of drinking and still cheaper than a drink package at the rates I see posted most of the time.  Plus, there are likely a couple days where 5 might be enough.  

10 hours ago, mac66 said:

Tell the barman that you will pay for your Diet Coke/beer and save your vouchers for the $13 cocktails 🍹 or wine 🍷 !

16 hours ago, mac66 said:

Since the break even if 5 - 6 drinks on the package, as a D, you would be looking at drinking 9 - 10 to break even with your free ones.

Maybe on sea days, but hard to do (NOT impossible) on a port day. 😄

I purchased a "Refreshment Package" for our next cruise.  Can anyone share with me how soon I will be able to start using it?  I had read somewhere not until day two.  Also as D memb when can we start using our 4 a day drinks loaded onto our sea pass? 

Thank you for any information.  

5 hours ago, imola said:

I purchased a "Refreshment Package" for our next cruise.  Can anyone share with me how soon I will be able to start using it?  I had read somewhere not until day two.  Also as D memb when can we start using our 4 a day drinks loaded onto our sea pass? 

Thank you for any information.  

You should be able to use both as soon as you embark.  Use your boarding pass as your seapass until you get to your stateroom to retrieve your seapass cards.