negative test still required ?

3 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

My daughter is on serenade from Tampa dec 18. She has her boarding time and is vaccinated but she says no where does it say proof of negative test. This is her honeymoon and we want to make sure this is accurate that no proof required.  

Yes she (they) need to be tested. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Just wanted to be 100 percent sure. Are they requiring negative test to board ? Want to make sure your yes meant no longer required neg test

Reread my answer. I hit submit before finishing my answer so I needed to edit for clarification. Testing is required and the test must be negative in order to board the ship. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

My daughter is on serenade from Tampa dec 18. She has her boarding time and is vaccinated but she says no where does it say proof of negative test. This is her honeymoon and we want to make sure this is accurate that no proof required.  

It clearly says you need to have your vaccination certs and a test 2 days prior to sailing on their site

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

I can't get past the app boarding info or the web version without it noting that a negative test (among other things) is required.  In fact, one  has to click past the requirements to get to the boarding information.    NO way to miss it.   The requirements are clear.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I can't get past the app boarding info or the web version without it noting that a negative test (among other things) is required.  In fact, one  has to click past the requirements to get to the boarding information.    NO way to miss it.   The requirements are clear.

M

Original poster.........  just so you know, my RCCL app says the following when I click it to check in or my cruise next week:

"Review of Health & Safety Protocols"

"Pre-Cruise Testing":  Pre-cruise testing and onboard/debarkation testing requirements have not yet been announced.  Please visit the website for updates.

So, I can see where your daughter would need to look further to get the testing info.  Hope they don't have any trouble with their tests and have a great time!

1 minute ago, Computer Nerd said:

Uploading your vaccination card would be illegal in Florida and Texas.

Figures. They’ll just have to show it at the pier and take that extra second or two. Or, not show it at all, stomp their feet and hold their breath, and be DENIED BOARDING. 

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone. I think she is just so nerved up about getting it right she is not reading carefully! Now she’s concerned about getting an appointment and if results get back in time. It’s my understanding rapid test is acceptable. Lots if handholding here - they are  young and newly married 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Thanks everyone. I think she is just so nerved up about getting it right she is not reading carefully! Now she’s concerned about getting an appointment and if results get back in time. It’s my understanding rapid test is acceptable. Lots if handholding here - they are  young and newly married 🙂

you can also order some proctored test kits from RCCL.  Seems many are having appointments cancelled.  We had our canceled, but were able to find a testing center to test us. Glad we have a few  RCCL approved testing kits just in case.   

In our experience using CVS, Results take 15 minutes to 2 hours.  Make sure she understands the time limitations.  The test must be within 2 days of sailing.  EX - if her cruise leaves on a Sunday, she will need to be tested on the previous  Friday or Saturday.

m

32 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Nice you are looking out for and helping them This whole pre cruise covid testing can be stressful. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CruisinCoyote said:

I would recommend ordering the home kits as either primary method of testing or a solid backup.  There are three of us sailing in two weeks and we ordered two per person just in case there's any issues.  Yes, there's a bit of a cost involved but the fact we can do it any hour of the day in the two days leading up to the cruise and not having to deal with an appointment is worth it for us.

Doing this would allow for the least amount of stress IMO.  I'm flying into Miami three days early but will just get it knocked out from my hotel the morning after I arrive.

4 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Thanks. She is confused as her boarding info only states proof of vaccinated. Thanks 

I can see where some may get confused about needing to be tested before the cruise.  I also questioned it but then seen they were talking about 12 yrs old and older that were vaccinated had to follow the adult protocols. That whole statement kind of runs together but if you look at the adult protocols it states we do need to tested within 2 days of the cruise.