negative test still required ?

11 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Somewhat related question. I will be on Harmony OTS out of Port Canaveral in about a week. What kind of Covid test do I need? At home test kit?

ALL Florida ports are the same. Use the drop down list and select FLORIDA:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

😁

Edited by matt1

Not to be ugly at all, but what is causing confusion for people and reports of not having access to information about requirements? Information about current requirements are all over the place online, emails, when you reserved (if you reserved recently since I know stuff changes), etc. Is it also in our cruise docs? Cruise planner. App. Emails. Royal website. Royals call center staff. In 2 weeks, I'm sailing tor the first time since the cruise pause. Plenty info has been shared with me. Again, not to be ugly. Just an observation when reading threads on here when people report not knowing information, especially when its for adults only. I get it that maybe some of the info about kids can be confusing and may have changed. This response is not an attack on anyone. Just an observation. Happy sailing and cruise planning everyone! 😁🤗

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

My daughter is on serenade from Tampa dec 18. She has her boarding time and is vaccinated but she says no where does it say proof of negative test. This is her honeymoon and we want to make sure this is accurate that no proof required.  

You are kidding, right?

9 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

My daughter is on serenade from Tampa dec 18. She has her boarding time and is vaccinated but she says no where does it say proof of negative test. This is her honeymoon and we want to make sure this is accurate that no proof required.  

Your Daughter and new husband can purchase proctored test kits online at emed or optum they come in packs of 2, 3 or 6 - order now they have in plenty of time.     Recommend the order the 3 pack if it is just the 2 of them as there have been reports that some people have had defective test kits and needed a back up one.    

much easier than finding somewhere to get the antigen or pcr test.

If their cruise leaves on Saturday they must test no earlier than Thursday, etc etc    

Congratulations to the Newlyweds🤩

We've been on 3 cruises since Covid and have had no problems whatsoever with getting appointments for tests at CVS, Walgreens and/or our local county fairgrounds (compliments of NOMI Labs) and received our results each time within a few hours. We live in central Florida (Lake County) and appointments have always been readily available and testing is FREE for us since we have Medicare, so we have no intention of paying for the proctored home test kits. I usually schedule our tests 2 days before our cruise and another test the day before our cruise as a backup; then, will cancel the 2nd appointment after results are received from the first appointment. Easy peasy for us! Good Luck! Cheers!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

We've been on 3 cruises since Covid and have had no problems whatsoever with getting appointments for tests at CVS, Walgreens and/or our local county fairgrounds (compliments of NOMI Labs) and received our results each time within a few hours. We live in central Florida (Lake County) and appointments have always been readily available and testing is FREE for us since we have Medicare, so we have no intention of paying for the proctored home test kits. I usually schedule our tests 2 days before our cruise and another test the day before our cruise as a backup; then, will cancel the 2nd appointment after results are received from the first appointment. Easy peasy for us! Good Luck! Cheers!

Yes easy when you live close to ports.  
but when your traveling from Las Vegas to San Juan it’s not so easy peasy lol

ill be flying all day Saturday.   Get there Sunday am.   
I guess my best bet is getting the tests mailed to me and take it Sunday at the hotel in PR.    Gives me Monday if there’s an issue.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Yes easy when you live close to ports.  
but when your traveling from Las Vegas to San Juan it’s not so easy peasy lol

ill be flying all day Saturday.   Get there Sunday am.   
I guess my best bet is getting the tests mailed to me and take it Sunday at the hotel in PR.    Gives me Monday if there’s an issue.   

Can you take the test Friday before you leave? 

1 minute ago, blueslily said:

Can you take the test Friday before you leave? 

I think I may be able to.  Has to be 2 days prior to sailing. And I’ll be traveling Friday early evening. So I guess I could get it fri am.  Guess that works if sailing Sunday night 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I think I may be able to.  Has to be 2 days prior to sailing. And I’ll be traveling Friday early evening. So I guess I could get it fri am.  Guess that works if sailing Sunday night 

Yes. I fly out Friday before my Saturday departure. Taking test Thursday. No problem. Thats 2 days. Friday am is within the timeframe for you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Uploading your vaccination card would be illegal in Florida and Texas.

🤣🤣🤣 Where have you been? It’s now illegal. I have already done it 5 times so far. Volunteer to give them the info or don’t cruise. It’s as simple and legal as that.

16 hours ago, matt1 said:

Figures. They’ll just have to show it at the pier and take that extra second or two. Or, not show it at all, stomp their feet and hold their breath, and be DENIED BOARDING. 

🤣

Well, that's what Morgan & Morgan and/or the State Attorney General is for. If companies don't like the laws we have in Florida they can always go and do business elsewhere.

Edited by Computer Nerd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣 Where have you been? It’s now illegal. I have already done it 5 times so far. Volunteer to give them the info or don’t cruise. It’s as simple and legal as that.

It's not volunteering if they cancel you cruise because you won't volunteer. And I've been in Florida, where I didn't show my vaccination card on my Carnival cruise last month so I'll still be cruising, just maybe not with Royal. It's funny how you armchair lawyers think you're so funny and how you think anyone can violate state law anytime they want with no consequences.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

It's not volunteering if they cancel you cruise because you won't volunteer. And I've been in Florida, where I didn't show my vaccination card on my Carnival cruise last month so I'll still be cruising, just maybe not with Royal. It's funny how you armchair lawyers think you're so funny and how you think anyone can violate state law anytime they want with no consequences.

And make sure you obey all the laws on your way to the port....speed, turn signals, etc.

Some people think they can violate state laws anytime they want.....

11 hours ago, SilkySal said:

We are in Lee County and have used Nomi Labs twice. It has been so easy. It is free and they don’t even ask for insurance information. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

Yes, she needs to have printed or electronic test results to check-in (no self-tests, they must be monitored). Failure to have the documentation (below) will result in denial or boarding and will be considered failure to follow COVID rules. 

The general instructions for Florida cruises is:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

GETTING READY TO CRUISE FROM U.S HOMEPORTS

Here are the latest protocols for our guests sailing from the U.S., which we will continue to update as public health situations evolve. Booked guests will be provided the latest full details prior to sailing.

Guests traveling into the U.S. from another country should be sure to look into any requirements your own home country may have for exiting or re-entering its borders.

Vaccination Requirement

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests.

Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This guidance is per the U.S. CDC, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest's resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine.

All crew onboard the ship and at our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, are fully vaccinated.

Read Detailed Vaccine FAQs

Testing Requirements

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet U.S. CDC boarding requirements.

• Vaccinated guests must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. NOTE: Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.

If you're travelling to the U.S. from another country, you'll also need to take a test to enter the U.S.
Learn more about this requirement

Have questions about which tests are accepted?
Read Our Detailed FAQ On Accepted Tests

Unvaccinated Kids Age 2-11: Additional Testing

In addition to the pre-cruise test, unvaccinated kids will take one or two more tests, depending on the length of the cruise. Royal Caribbean’s test provider will administer these, at no cost to our guests.

At the Terminal
For all cruises, unvaccinated kids will take a complimentary PCR test when checking in at the terminal. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Prior to Disembarking
For cruises that are 5 nights or longer, unvaccinated kids will take a complimentary antigen test onboard before the cruise ends. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test.

Guests under 2 years of age will not be tested.

Sailings longer than 10 nights may have additional onboard testing requirements.

Learn more about the different options available to you for completing your pre-cruise test

Read Detailed Testing FAQs

Travel Documents Checklist

You’ll need to have the following documents when you arrive to board the ship.

• A Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is strongly recommended. If you do not have a Passport, you may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a "baby feet" hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests age 16 and older that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver's License or picture ID issued by the government.
  • COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with the final dose of your vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. This is a requirement for all guests age 12 and older. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been fully vaccinated may present proof of vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • COVID-19 Test Result: Vaccinated guests age 12 and older must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding. Read Detailed Testing FAQs
  • Health Questionnaire to be completed on our Royal Caribbean App the day before you board.

Read Detailed Travel Documents FAQs

Cruise Ready Recap

Follow these steps for a smooth boarding day.

• Get Vaccinated: It’s required for guests 12 and older.
  • 30 Days Before: Download the Royal Caribbean App and check in for your cruise. Once in the app, you’ll select a 30-minute arrival time slot for your boarding day. It is very important you stick to this arrival window, as we’re arranging the boarding and testing process to accommodate a certain number of guests at one time.
  • 2 or 3 Days Before: Get your pre-cruise test. Vaccinated guests age 12 and older must show a negative COVID-19 test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding. Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been fully vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. Read Detailed Testing FAQs
  • 1 Day Before: All guests must complete our Health Questionnaire on the Royal App.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

And make sure you obey all the laws on your way to the port....speed, turn signals, etc.

Some people think they can violate state laws anytime they want.....

Absolutely. It's not that hard to do. Just make sure you do as well.

Edited by Computer Nerd