Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

1 hour ago, crazy4themouse said:

Wait, what? Every cruise, my husband gets all mad because they don't have stout -- and I have scoured every bar menu to try and find him some. Is that new at RFP?? Or some secret handshake and password item?? Please tell me they somehow have stout on Vista now, and I will be crowned Wife of the Year! I promise to give you all the credit. 😄

Nah. They brew it on this ship so you may not be able to get it on every ship. The last time I was on this ship they had it but sold out. P&A on Panorama Brews a stout as well.

• Like 1

Probably worth noting I think we’re the only ship here. The last time I was here it was on breeze with Dream. The time before that it was on Dream with breeze. The time before that it was freedom…And I don’t remember who we were with but it was a dream class ship I remember that. 

@Saint Greg......is not the port in Roatan, Mahogany Bay, strictly a Carnival port?  I thought Carnival built the port and other cruise lines still docked at the other Roatan port.

The beach is great if you walk all the way to the end the snorkeling off the end of the pier is awesome and the food and drinks at the local huts are yummy as well.  We always walk don't care for the chair lift...the walk is very pretty with all the beautiful landscaping.

Enjoy your day!

12 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg......is not the port in Roatan, Mahogany Bay, strictly a Carnival port?  I thought Carnival built the port and other cruise lines still docked at the other Roatan port.

The beach is great if you walk all the way to the end the snorkeling off the end of the pier is awesome and the food and drinks at the local huts are yummy as well.  We always walk don't care for the chair lift...the walk is very pretty with all the beautiful landscaping.

Enjoy your day!

yeah it’s just carnival. Usually I’m here with another carnival ship. I believe the other ships are in coxen hole. You can see them from one of the pictures I posted after the beach picture.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Nah. They brew it on this ship so you may not be able to get it on every ship. The last time I was on this ship they had it but sold out. P&A on Panorama Brews a stout as well.

Well I hope they are brewing it on Vista in February... I will have a very happy husband. At least I know to even ask about it now! Thanks!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

yeah it’s just carnival. Usually I’m here with another carnival ship. I believe the other ships are in coxen hole. You can see them from one of the pictures I posted after the beach picture.

Mahog Bay built only for CCL brand ships. The other cruise brands go to Coxen Hole. Will see this next week when on the Breakaway. Have not been there for years and years, Will be interesting to see how it has been developed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I think someone asked previously about how long the towel animals stay out on the last port day.

Yep, that was me - sort of.  I asked if they were picked up by the staff, or if people just moved them to sit in the loungers. I managed to catch the staff removing them one morning on my Horizon cruise, and we never stopped in Cozumel.  I think it was during the Amber Cay stop a couple of days before getting back to Miami.

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

Yep, that was me - sort of.  I asked if they were picked up by the staff, or if people just moved them to sit in the loungers. I managed to catch the staff removing them one morning on my Horizon cruise, and we never stopped in Cozumel.  I think it was during the Amber Cay stop a couple of days before getting back to Miami.

They were all picked up by noon today. 

I think the gelato machines were being worked on. A huge line developed. They have them way behind the counter so you’re can’t even tell what the flavors are. No labels on the machines either.  It was up to 12 at one point. I got in line at 7.

They are having problems with the machines. A girl comes up and asks for vanilla. He says we have pineapple and caramel. Vanilla is soft serve. She asks for caramel he says it’s not ready. She leaves.

I got to the front of the line and asked about caramel. He said 5 minutes. I’m waiting.

• Like 5