Navigating from Los Angeles November 29, 2021 Semi-Live

AJSkarbo

21 hours ago, imola said:

Thinking of booking this ship for February. Does it leave out of San Pedro?  Also where were folks able to get their Covid test with the short turn around. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful cruise with calm seas. Happy Birthday to your Mom. 

Well not going on this cruise.  Just called the C & A Desk.  They said that as a Diamond member we would have to book a Grand Suite to get double points.  It has always been a Jr Suite in the past. He said this is the new rule for Royal Caribbean.  Anyone else heard this? 

Also passed the eligible  time for the extra double points that would make us D+.  We would have already been D+ if RC had not already canceled three cruises this year.   

Also told me IF we cancel the cruise we have booked for April 2022 we would get a "cruise certificate" that would have to be rescheduled for a new cruise by April 20, 2022.  Is that the same as a FCC? 

He was very snippy and arrogant with me.  I was trying to make sure I understood what he was telling me and he kept saying, "as I have already told you".  When he told me that our cruise  in April was no longer getting double points because we are not in a Grand Suite but we would get the promo of double points I questioned him.  Good thing as once he actually checked he was wrong and we are getting both.  He never even apologized for getting it wrong.  

Very frustrating for me.  Bummed with RC changes that add up to  no cruise in January. 

Thank you everyone for listening.  

6 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Still trying to find a Walgreens close to me for the test. I'm in Beaumont, CA

Every time I tried to find a Walgreens in CA that does rapid testing their site told me that the closest one is in Las Vegas.  We made appointments at CVS instead.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OddHack said:

Every time I tried to find a Walgreens in CA that does rapid testing their site told me that the closest one is in Las Vegas.  We made appointments at CVS instead.

We live in No Cal.  The site told us Reno, Sparks and Carson City all in Nevada.  lol  I am thinking Nevada has a deal with the company.  haha

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, AJSkarbo said:

COVID tests were negative! So we are planning to leave San Diego around 8am to give plenty of time for traffic along the way!

Snapchat-1672739982.jpg

Awesome!!  Have a great cruise.  Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!!

56 minutes ago, imola said:

Well not going on this cruise.  Just called the C & A Desk.  They said that as a Diamond member we would have to book a Grand Suite to get double points.  It has always been a Jr Suite in the past. He said this is the new rule for Royal Caribbean.  Anyone else heard this? 

Also passed the eligible  time for the extra double points that would make us D+.  We would have already been D+ if RC had not already canceled three cruises this year.   

Also told me IF we cancel the cruise we have booked for April 2022 we would get a "cruise certificate" that would have to be rescheduled for a new cruise by April 20, 2022.  Is that the same as a FCC? 

He was very snippy and arrogant with me.  I was trying to make sure I understood what he was telling me and he kept saying, "as I have already told you".  When he told me that our cruise  in April was no longer getting double points because we are not in a Grand Suite but we would get the promo of double points I questioned him.  Good thing as once he actually checked he was wrong and we are getting both.  He never even apologized for getting it wrong.  

Very frustrating for me.  Bummed with RC changes that add up to  no cruise in January. 

Thank you everyone for listening.  

Not true. The C&A rep is completely wrong. From the C&A Member Benefits doc.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced rate upgrades.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

See page 2

Hello everyone! Thank you for all the well wishes. My mom said "This was the best birthday ever" So I think she is happy. 

She ended up needing a wheelchair to get through embarkation and the staff were so very patient and friendly. We breezed through security and check in. Had a few minute wait before boarding but used that time to complete the muster drill. Before we knew it, a crew member was taking us on board! 

I kept an approximate timeline:

10:20 am-dropped mom at the curb and left the bags with the porters

10:36 am- parked the car and walked to security. There was a delay waiting for a wheelchair to be available. 

11:07 am- finished security and check in, completed muster drill

12:30 pm- first drink in hand and pizza lunch at the cafe. The only reason that took so long was I was at guest services trying to get mom moved into an accessible room. 

They were able to get her into an accessible room, and an ocean view at that! She was moved from deck 6 to deck 2 but she will be much more comfortable! She said she feels like she is in a suite. So no one tell her what a real suite experience is like 😉

After lunch we went to the solarium so she could rest while I walked around checking out the outside activities. I plan to try the flowrider and rock wall for the first time. Probably in Ensenada since we arent getting off the ship. 

Once rooms were ready I went to mine first and my bag was already outside my door. I dropped off my carry on and popped down to deck 6 to get moms bag and take it to her new cabin. 

We enjoyed sailaway from the heli-pad. It was a little cold but the sunset was beautiful. Dinner was fantastic, I had the chicken and mom had the prime rib. I had the hazelnut chocolate cake and she had the royal chocolate cake. The wait staff also brought her a birthday cheesecake which they let her take back to her room. 

In the evening we saw the iskate ice show which is not to be missed! We loved it. We were also able to make it over to the royal theatre for the comedian who was very funny. 

Overall I am very happy with the experience so far. The staff have all been helpful and friendly. The service has been top notch as usual for royal in my experience. I am a little disappointed in my virtual balcony. I am not sure if I am supposed to "turn on" the screen somehow but it shows the virtual railing for the "balcony" but the rest is a blank screen. I mentioned it to my stateroom attendant and he said he would get maintenance, so we will see how that goes. Off to breakfast in the main dining room!

I will be posting picture shortly. I wanted to type everything on my laptop but all my photos are on my phone. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Cheryl0806 said:

Thanks for posting! I will be on this itinerary December 16th to the 20th. 

You are very welcome. The only downside is that we just started day 3 so we are over halfway done 😞 Time to book another one!

9 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m glad to hear that you were able to get your mom into an accessible room. I’m sure she’ll be a lot more comfortable there than a regular room, and safer as well. Sounds like your cruise is off to a great start.  🛳😎

She is MUCH more comfortable. She tried to get into my interior room and it was a real struggle for her. So, now we both know she needs an accessible room for any future cruises she books. 

• Like 3

On 11/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, bonsai3s said:

AJ see you tomorrow! Happy Birthday to your mom!

We are currently onboard the Navigator.

Last week, 1875 passengers, 471 children.

This week, 2533 passengers, 379 children.

Anticipated for tomorrow, 1575, 133 children.

There are 11 accessible cabins but guest services cannot/unable to tell how many will be vacant tomorrow. Guest services said to check with them when you board. Happy Sailing!

AJ, thanks so much for posting the live thread and the Cruise Compass daily sheets! Much appreciated! I hope you and your mom are having a blast!  We will be on board Navigator for this same itinerary Dec. 16.  Bonsai3s, can you let us know how many passengers are anticipated or booked for the December 16 sailing?  

• Like 1

A question, AJ have you found you really do need to make reservations before going into the Windjammer for breakfast or lunch and if so, did it seem to require a lot of lead time?  We used to be able to just go walk in when we felt like it, so this new requirement of reservations will take some getting used to!  

2 hours ago, comfy_critters276 said:

A question, AJ have you found you really do need to make reservations before going into the Windjammer for breakfast or lunch and if so, did it seem to require a lot of lead time?  We used to be able to just go walk in when we felt like it, so this new requirement of reservations will take some getting used to!  

No reservations necessary for either breakfast or lunch...just walk in after "washy, washy"...smile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, comfy_critters276 said:

AJ, thanks so much for posting the live thread and the Cruise Compass daily sheets! Much appreciated! I hope you and your mom are having a blast!  We will be on board Navigator for this same itinerary Dec. 16.  Bonsai3s, can you let us know how many passengers are anticipated or booked for the December 16 sailing?  

Per guest services...Dec. 16, 2050 passengers...booking is still open so this can change...number of children not available.

Note: Guest services also said that the Navigator can take between 3300 to almost 4000 passengers when at full capacity, delending on single. double, and children occupancy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1