Cabins Overlooking over the royal promenade on Navigator

JColquhoun

The promenade cabins? Deck 6 especially can be noisy if near the sing along bar, but its convenient. If you can see out someone can see in especially at night. Turn off the lights or draw the curtains at night especially. I like them to watch what is going on. I'll put up with happy people cruising noise. It's been too quiet during covid.

• Like 1

It’s been some years since we stayed in one . (Mariner) We were on deck 8, I think. I was worried about noise, but it wasn’t bad at all. I recall watching one of the parades from pur cabin window. While the music from that could be heard, it wasn’t all that loud. Never had much of a problem noise/wise. Having said that, choose your cabin carefully & avoid one right above the noisy music venues. Try to get on a deck that is not the first level up from the promenade deck. 

These cabins are (unless something has changed) smaller than even a standard inside cabin so we felt a bit sqished in some ways. The warning about closing your curtains is an important one!  It WAS kind of fun to watch the goings on below, though. We often get a Central Park balcony cabin on the Oasis class ships because of that and the pleasant view. 

Hope this helps you with your decision!

We stayed in a PR for 28nts on Mariner, #6581 to be precise. 

Noise never a real issue unless Promenade having occasional special parades but they were short lived.

PR cabins are a great deal on Voyager class ships, can't speak for other classes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pspercy said:

We stayed in a PR for 28nts on Mariner, #6581 to be precise. 

Noise never a real issue unless Promenade having occasional special parades but they were short lived.

PR cabins are a great deal on Voyager class ships, can't speak for other classes.

They have now split up pr cabin categories. Into connecting and nonconnecting. There are so many connecting they usually are cheaper. 

@JColquhoun, I have stayed in this type of cabin once on Navigator (7279) and twice on Adventure (7557 and 7593).

I agree with @firefly333 that they can be noisy if you are in proximity to the pub. We found this to be the case on Navigator, where we were right opposite the pub. On a couple of evenings the live music went on until after midnight and was pretty loud.

View from Navigator cabin 7279:

20181123_190657.thumb.jpg.9c4791c917f513d9b2378435e63b4ec9.jpg

20181123_190723.thumb.jpg.cec1d622a37ca71a5250733c533490e9.jpg

20181123_190739.thumb.jpg.ef60f6b95f1a74beb675127fc3b4bc83.jpg

Also, as firefly and @mlbcruiser say, make sure you keep the curtains closed whenever you require privacy as the people in the cabins opposite will be able to see right into yours (and vice versa).

SIL and BIL checking out the view from their cabin opposite ours on Adventure (this is when we were in 7557):

IMGP1927.thumb.JPG.b161609cf8a7528dcf723aee645c7c41.JPG

We liked the layout of the PR cabins and I thought they felt roomier than the "proper" inside cabin that I saw when I took part in a cabin crawl on Adventure.

The layout of all of our three PR cabins was identical. These pics are of 7593 on Adventure:

P_20191123_151040_p.thumb.jpg.b59fd909800fb70757e3d5199270b198.jpg

P_20191123_151112_p.thumb.jpg.a9ebfb4123598159ff086d3bd7dbfa41.jpg

I would have no hesitation in staying in one of these cabins again. Since we do not spend much time in our room, but don't fancy staying in a "real" interior cabin, the price point on these ones usually makes them a good budget choice. Generally we will pick whichever is cheaper between one of these and an ocean view, unless our D discount gets us a cheaper price for a balcony cabin.

• Like 1

We like them. We are booked on the Mariner for May 7th in a Promenade stateroom on deck 7. You can people watch to your heart's content. Funny incident on the Freedom....we were watching the 'great $10 sale' on the last cruising day, when one lady grabbed some sort jewelry right out the hand of another person. That didn't go over well and a pushing and shoving match ensued. The crew had to break it up. I have no idea who got the jewelry.  

We've had both deck 6 and 7 promenade rooms on Navigator.  Despite being right in the middle of the promenade, we never heard anything inside our room or had issues sleeping.  We also enjoy the extra seating area in the window for storage and people watching.

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

We like them. We are booked on the Mariner for May 7th in a Promenade stateroom on deck 7. You can people watch to your heart's content. Funny incident on the Freedom....we were watching the 'great $10 sale' on the last cruising day, when one lady grabbed some sort jewelry right out the hand of another person. That didn't go over well and a pushing and shoving match ensued. The crew had to break it up. I have no idea who got the jewelry.  

What I saw cant be unseen as I can still picture it lol. A very very large man undressed and lay on the top of his bed across from us. .. if you are going to undress, turn off your lights and or close the drapes hahahahaha. Unless being watched is your thing I guess. Lolol. 

we didn't like it.  Maybe it's because we are spoiled by balconies over the last few cruises, but the biggest problem we felt is that it just felt very cramp for some reason.  We did not hear any noise from below for the most part.

Dan

Ive stayed on deck 6 and deck 8 in promenade cabins on Freedom and there was never any noise at all.  Just know that the people across the promenade from you can see everything that goes on when the blinds are open 😎   

On 11/28/2021 at 11:28 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

We cruised on deck eight enjoyed it and had no noise issues.

I second this emotion!  We had Deck 8 cabins on Freedom in 2019.  Added bonus: the way the bay windows are cantilevered out on Deck 8, the room feels bigger.  Plus, you get a nice shelf to put your drink on while you're sitting on the couch people watching. 🤣 

--bruce T.

• Like 1