Medallion App - Blue Lane vs Green Lane

CruisingLover

Good Morning. We are sailing on Regal over NYE. The app keeps bumping me from blue to green and back again. I was in the green lane for a while until just today when I chose my arrival time (11:30 - 12pm) and now it shows Blue Lane.

The even stranger this is, on the main page, it says "Arrival Status proceed to Blue lane" and then has a QR code next to it. But.....under my Ocean Ready Profile (with all the check marks) it says Green Lane.

Maybe the app is glitching? 

I guess my actual question is what is the difference in color lanes? I am traveling with 4 other people and they are all in the green lane (same arrival time as me though)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

Good Morning. We are sailing on Regal over NYE. The app keeps bumping me from blue to green and back again. I was in the green lane for a while until just today when I chose my arrival time (11:30 - 12pm) and now it shows Blue Lane.

I think this is like Mark Twain and New England weather ... if you don't like the lane, just wait a few minutes.

• Like 1

Mine went from green lane to blue because it says no arrival time was picked.....did that when it first opened up.  Went in to try and add it again but all I got was a loading wheel that just kept going and going.  Sailing 12/13.  Any ideas on what is going on?  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVCruzers said:

When we were in San Pedro, the blue line was actually faster as so few in it.   I think the blue line just meant that some information was missing or person's medallion had not been mailed to them.  

That would seem to make sense except.....

We are sailing with my 2 sisters and their husbands and we all have the same info on the app. They are in green and I am in blue

On 11/29/2021 at 6:57 PM, Steelers36 said:

I think they need a better separation for Green vs Blue.  When we sail from Europe next year, how many people will have Medallions from home?  

NONE.  Just like Canadians, they don’t mail the medallions outside the U.S.

• Like 1

@CruisingLoverGreen Lane is for those who have completed all final steps. Most steps can be done weeks ahead of time. Most but not all. You have another step to do so you're in the Blue Lane.  Nothing to be concerned about. Happened to flip back & forth for me until I did that 24 hr before embarkation health check. 

In other words: apps not glitchy. It just wants to know you didn't get sick (aka Covid or Flu) in the 2 weeks before boarding. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Senga said:

NONE.  Just like Canadians, they don’t mail the medallions outside the U.S.

Yes, I know.  But Americans who don't leave for Europe too far ahead of sail date could receive them at home.  Even if they start mailing to Canadian guests, I know we are haading over before they would likely arrive.

7 hours ago, ssbeagle said:

How far out can you choose arrival time?  Our cruise is 72 days away and app says it’s too early.  Everything else is done.

It was 30 days out on both of my cruises.  

7 hours ago, ssbeagle said:

Everything else is done.

Except the final health check confirmation right before cruising. If not done, you will slip into the Blue Lane then Yellow Lane. Nothing to be concerned about. It just wants you to reconfirm your health status. Reconfirm and you're back to Green Lane

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

It was 30 days out on both of my cruises.  

Except the final health check confirmation right before cruising. If not done, you will slip into the Blue Lane then Yellow Lane. Nothing to be concerned about. It just wants you to reconfirm your health status. Reconfirm and you're back to Green Lane

It is a few weeks out and we have been switched from the Green Lane to the Yellow Lane.  When will we be able to confirm our health status? Reading what you have shared, then we don’t need to worry???

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It is a few weeks out and we have been switched from the Green Lane to the Yellow Lane.  When will we be able to confirm our health status? Reading what you have shared, then we don’t need to worry???

I am yellow, cruising in 7 days. The final health check is done the day before. So I'll reconfirm my health status next Wednesday and be green again. 

No need to worry as I flip between the 3 lanes until then (yes, I was concerned the 1st time I experienced it)

20211201_074631.thumb.jpg.fdc0d4a2fa4949d2c7eb46f5702fc3c9.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

I am having so much trouble! I think if I had tried to set this up before paying for cruise I would have canceled! It keeps loading, loading, a couple of times I can get to the screen for setting up credit card & half way through the keyboard disappears & I can't get it back to complete! Can I at least set up dining reservations before I get the rest to work? I can't even seem to click on that. An of course sometimes the app just quits.

@victory2020JMHO if you are more than 30 days out, why don't you just come back then? That's what I'm doing for April 2021 cruise based on my personal experiences with my 2021 cruises (yeah, I'm now ignoring whatever HQ says as that's not what I'm experiencing IRL). 

I can still book & reserve excursions in the Personalizer.  When I rev up my MC 30 days out I'll be just in time to book Arrival Group & order Medallion plus I can buy wifi up to embarkation day so why sweat the small stuff? 

Adding: if within 30 days I'd just show up. No idea when you're cruising

Edited by Ombud
Added thought

8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@victory2020JMHO if you are more than 30 days out, why don't you just come back then? That's what I'm doing for April 2021 cruise based on my personal experiences with my 2021 cruises (yeah, I'm now ignoring whatever HQ says as that's not what I'm experiencing IRL). 

I can still book & reserve excursions in the Personalizer.  When I rev up my MC 30 days out I'll be just in time to book Arrival Group & order Medallion plus I can buy wifi up to embarkation day so why sweat the small stuff? 

Adding: if within 30 days I'd just show up. No idea when you're cruising

I'm sailing in 28 days. I'm the type of person who likes to have everything exactly in place before I go. I did enter my arrival time but who knows if it will stay there if everything else isn't set up. 

Ouch!! Just 28 days. Well enjoy the cruise even though the pre-cruise experience sucks.

Top Down:

It's shipping me another Medallion stating I have 1 for 12/8-12/9 (Embassy Suites on FCC) and to pick up the 12/9-12/19 one (Emerald Princess) at the port. My pre-cruise Arrival Group stuck once entered. I rotate lanes until Tuesday. Actually it's just Health Status to reconfirm next week. And I still cannot access DMW, my hotel is yellow lane, and my cruise is back to green (but based on past experience won't stay there)

But I'm ready to chill

Edited by Ombud

23 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

My cruise is a year away and for some unknown reason I am in the green lane already!

You can be in the Green Lane if you have completed all the items possible at a point in time.  We are Green as well for OCT 22 voyages.  And that includes Health section as I filled that out (I know it has to be re-confirmed).  If Health section puts you in Yellow, just go in and find the missing info and complete it if you prefer not to see the Yellow.

• Thanks 1

Yes I was too, BUT I slip from Blue <-> Yellow <-> Green <-> Blue the week before I cruise until my final health status entry 24 hrs before embarkation. Maybe that's just me but it's a non-issue IMHO 

5 days to Covid test & flight, 6 days to cruise!! So ready 😷

• Like 1