Should Celebrity be thinking about having their crew take boosters?

CalTexCruiser

With waning immunity of vaccines over time and the emergence of Omicron, I hope that Celebrity (and all other cruise lines) has a plan to have their crew take boosters.

I believe many of the crew took their Covid shots in the June-July 2021 time frame so by the end of this year, the crew's immunity against Covid would have waned to a sufficiently low level where outbreaks become a distinct possibility among the crew.

I believe Celebrity will give boosters when the crew members reach the 6 month point post initial vaccination.   Some may have already reached that.    From the crew I talked with they received their vaccination once onboard the ship with J&J and then were quarantined to their rooms.

In my opinion Celebrity has been very proactive and are doing what is required to continue cruising.

• Like 3

We were on Summit in early Nov and many crew who had been vaccinated with J&J were getting a second shot of pfizer and some were a bit under the weather due to side effects but were still very happy to have the second shot.

Edited by wrk2cruise