Cabin upgrades on SDI?

back1817

We first sailed on SDI 4 years ago. We will sail again on SDI in March. I note there have been upgrades on SD2.  Based on recent cruise experience, does anyone know of any upgrades on SDI. Thanks to all for any information.   

Just got back from 8 night cruise.  No updates to cabins and certain areas looking tired.  Crew and cuisine excellent!  Big minus is the very poor internet service and if you do get it you cannot switch devices.  While on vacation I still need to work as I have my own company so hoping this will be one on the list for refit time! 

All staff wore masks.  Guests were encouraged to wear masks but not enforced.  Satinitisers everywhere.  All excursions were bubble ones.  A couple of bubble beach locations for yacht guests.  Daily temp check recorded.  Tested prior to boarding, retest 2 days before return to port.  You will have an amazing time.  We have rebooked for November! 

BajanCruiser, Some info please:  Did you get to go into all of your stops?  Bubble excursions, yeah or nay?  Our June cruise (Windstar) did not get to go into ANY of our stops (embarked/disembaked SXM) so we are anxious about missing many islands (St. Barts, BVI's, Anguilla, etc.).  Did you have any problems? It seems like it's been forever since we were on SD (2 years) and we are SO Happy to be returning (January)!! 

At the moment only bubble tours are permitted and some stops require that you have a PCR test less than 3 days.  These regulations can change at any time.  We just enjoyed staying on board as the bubble tours do not appeal to us being that we have visited some of these islands before however many on board took full advantage and enjoyed them.  Beach time was permitted on some stops and we especially enjoyed the day at Canouan and Mayreau

Cabosal,  we just  returned Sunday from 8 night on SD II out of St. Thomas.  We visited two islands in Puerto Rico,  three in BVI, Saba, and St Barts.  There were NO bubble requirements for any stops.

We did have to change two stops,   But they were replaced with two other great stops.  Mainly used masks on tender rides and inside shops on shore.  On the ship we either eating drinking or on deck most all the time.

Unless things change (always possible), you should have no worries.

Edited by DWhit

Thanks for that post, DWhit.  We board SD2 in St. Thomas after Christmas and it looks like our itinerary is pretty much the same for that leg of the trip.  Glad to hear that things are somewhat normal, but you are right that it is always possible for things to change.  We are keeping our fingers crossed.

We've been to Saba before, and took the drive to the Top.  Do you have any recommendations for that port?  My recollection is that there isn't much of a beach.

• Like 1

Hi Trap.

Like y'all we took the ride to the top.  Very interesting but I seem to remember the guide saying something to the effect of Saba being the only island in the Caribbean with no real beaches.  Since then, Saba has been a sea day...🍸

Trapper, I am afraid I’m not going to be much help with Saba.  Like Jim, we did not go ashore.  We were planning to do a little hiking,      but I had enjoyed a big night the night before, and decided discretion was the better part of valor.

I can say that SeaDream had arranged transportation from the Tender to the village above for a nominal fee, so a lot of people took advantage of that, rather than a pre-booked excursion.

It was a fabulous trip and our itinerary was a big part of it.  As you mentioned, it seemed like “normal” cruise conditions, which was a real blessing.  I certainly wish you guys have the same!  😁

Thanks so much DWhit for the update.  Info sounds great, especially regarding BVI's.  Sounds almost like bake to normal, though we know things can change quickly.

I've found Saba to be one of my favorite stops, even with no beaches.  People are real friendly and there is a great little bar on the corner, going down to the dock, which we love to stop at.

Again, thanks for the upbeat info.    

Cabosal, it is easy to be upbeat because the trip was so great.  I’d type more about it, being our first SeaDream trip, but I can only log into cruise critic via my new iPhone, and I am a one-fingered phone typer!  

I did get my PainKiller on Jost Van Dyke, and the Beach Party there was so much fun.

I’d say that everything I thought would be good exceeded my expectations.  Everything I thought might not be that good turned out to be no big deal or just did not matter.   The people, passengers and crew alike, really made the trip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Hey, Jim.  Yeah, I remember the airport and that's about it.  And I don't think Zimmy found anything in the stores, so that says something.

I guess you enjoyed last Saturday's game a bit, eh?  Roll Tide!

Haha, bless you my son and Roll Tide!!!🥃🥃🍸🍸😎

• 4 weeks later...

I second the comments DWhit had about this particular cruise.  We had a great time as well and enjoyed the ports, food, crew, and guests.  We opted for some "exercise" on Saba and walked up from the pier to the Bottom, had a coke and walked back down.  It was about 1.2 miles round trip and is "decently rigorous". 😂 it is just an incline that must be experienced...haha

• Like 1

• 2 months later...