2021 Recent Shareholders Benefit Requests...Timing...How Long Does It Take To Get The Credit

2Canucks

I faxed in my Shareholders Benefit OBC Form on Nov 17, 2021 and have had No Reply...No Credit showing on my Princess Account or in the Upcoming Cruise Credits  section.  In the past this was all done promptly within a few days.  Can you please share your Recent experience with this procedure.  Where will it show up to see that it has been applied?   Thank You are for your with the above questions.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It took 12 days from the day I emailed my request for it to show up. It will appear on the "Payments & Credits" page when you sign into your cruise on the website. I haven't seen it appear in the medallion app, but I used that as little as possible to plan my cruise.

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

When we sent in our last request, we emailed it, and within a few minutes we had received an email back letting us know they had gotten the request but to allow up to 14 days for it to show up. I will allow a couple of extra days due to the holiday and will contact them again if it doesn't show up.

I have spoken to them on the phone twice... They are completely backlogged and peddling as fast as they can to get caught up. I needed to chat about a situation that was very time sensitive... and the rep handled it whilst we were chatting on the phone. About 30 seconds after I hung up, the $ was there. 

I give them a lot of credit. Each time I have spoken to them, they have been so pleasant and helpful- in spite of being overloaded with requests. 

• Like 3

We sent in our request for two cruises back in October and the credit was applied to both within about a week (I wasn't tracking it religiously).

I have never used the form.  Just a short letter with booking and cabin numbers and a copy of the redacted page of my brokerage statement.  

By far the fastest we've ever seen it processed.  Sorry to those who are stuck in a long queue, but that's how it went for us.

15 hours ago, 2Canucks said:

I faxed in my Shareholders Benefit OBC Form on Nov 17, 2021 and have had No Reply...No Credit showing on my Princess Account or in the Upcoming Cruise Credits  section.  In the past this was all done promptly within a few days.  Can you please share your Recent experience with this procedure.  Where will it show up to see that it has been applied?   Thank You are for your with the above questions.  🙂 

We booked our Sep 2022 cruise a few months ago and I immediately sent a fax for the shareholder OBC.  It was in our account the next day.  To take advantage of a reduced fare earlier this month we were re-booked (new booking #) so I had to send a new request in - which I did on 19 Nov - nothing so far.  More worrisome is that they refunded the $800 deposit from the old booking and deposited another $800 on the new booking - and the refund hasn't cleared....they are "working" on it.

We submitted our request by fax on 11/9.  Our cruise leaves in 3 wks and we hadn't heard.  We called yesterday and got a very nice woman.  She couldn't find the fax we sent and asked us to email it instead.  She said emailing was a better way to do it now.  We are already down in Florida so it was fortunate we brought all the info with us to email.  She put it onto our account immediately.

14 minutes ago, Corgidawgga said:

Will someone give me the email are for this?  I only have mail and fax number.

I mailed mine yesterday for the Dec. 11th and am anxious about it.

With the loss, I might as well get a little back 🙂

sbpcl@PrincessCruises.com

On 11/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, jtcoolk said:

It's a great time to buy!

I bought 100 extra shares last year when it hit $8 - compared to the original shares we've had for years - it's doing good 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 57eric said:

Will OBC be put on the poster's cruise?  I think you have to apply.  The other responses on this thread seem to back that up.  It's not automatic.

Yes - they need to apply!

Faxed with form (as we always did) on Nov 12.  Our previous record by this method was 16 minutes!  Nothing by Nov 29, so emailed it on the 29th (first time by this method).  Credit for these January and October cruises was posted yesterday, Dec 3.

Not as fast as usual, but still all good.  I wasn’t concerned based on other posts.

Safe Journeys. Paul