Just bought the stock today, what do I need to show RCCL to get the shareholder's OBC

xcell

My cruise is at the end of Dec, so trying to provide proof in time to get the shareholder's OBC.

What do I have to show them minimally? Or do I have to wait for the actual shareholder's proxy statement?

It says I need "Electronic copy of your Current Brokerage statement from the past 60-90 days showing proof of ownership of 100 RCL shares"  Since I just bought it today, does that mean I am not entitled to it?

Edited by xcell

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Send a copy of the purchase confirmation with the account number redacted.

When I print out the purchase confirmation, it doesn't show my name, so how do they know it's my account?  I can screen shot it but it's so small.

4 hours ago, xcell said:

My cruise is at the end of Dec, so trying to provide proof in time to get the shareholder's OBC.

What do I have to show them minimally? Or do I have to wait for the actual shareholder's proxy statement?

It says I need "Electronic copy of your Current Brokerage statement from the past 60-90 days showing proof of ownership of 100 RCL shares"  Since I just bought it today, does that mean I am not entitled to it?

What is the minimum amount of stock to receive an OBC? And what is the amount of the credit?

2 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

I downloaded a trade confirmation from my account. 

My trade confirmation only has by account number but not my name...so not sure if that will work

2 minutes ago, Painter4me said:

What is the minimum amount of stock to receive an OBC? And what is the amount of the credit?

100 shares

• 6 months later...

We just purchased 500 shares of RCL stock last week. We have three cruises scheduled over the next few months. We submitted the form for OBC this past Friday. We don't have a statement yet, so I sent in the purchase confirmation. Will the three cruises be eligible for the OBC? I wasn't sure because I scheduled the cruises prior to purchasing the stock.

Also, we are thinking of taking a cruise with a few family members. Can OBC be applied to more than one cabin? 

TIA

Just now, Mary&Jim said:

So if I book cabin #1 for my dh, and cabin #2 for myself, will we eligible for OBC for both cabins? The stock account is in my dh's name.

Thanks again.

Very unlikely, as I mentioned the benefit is only for the shareholder booking. 

Just now, Biker19 said:

Very unlikely, as I mentioned the benefit is only for the shareholder booking. 

Thanks again. Sorry for all the questions. This is my first time using this benefit.

1 minute ago, drjohn4 said:

If the stock is held in a joint account and the shareholders are in separate cabins you can get a credit for each cabin if you have at least 200 shares. 

We have 500 shares, but I think the account is in my dh's name. I'll check that out! It makes sense that we would get a credit for both cabins. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, beachnag said:

what is OBC?  If I buy 100 shares what do I get?

It stands for onboard credit.  You get an OBC with each cruise that you book.  Cruises under 5 days or less you receive $50 OBC, 7+days $100,  and 14+ is $250.

• Like 1

Just now, publicpersona said:

I have been denied the credit a few times because it wasn't combinable with the rate. However, the current rules seem to list fewer restrictions.

Shareholder Benefit | RCCL Investors (rclinvestor.com)

Wow.  We have never been denied the shareholder benefit with our 35+ cruises.  I am glad that they changed it.

2 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I have been denied the credit a few times because it wasn't combinable with the rate. However, the current rules seem to list fewer restrictions.

Shareholder Benefit | RCCL Investors (rclinvestor.com)

Rules changed in June of 2019.  About the only rrtes tgst are not combinable now ate an interline rate or friends and family rate 

Just now, Tlbecker1 said:

Wow.  We have never been denied the shareholder benefit with our 35+ cruises.  I am glad that they changed it.

Wow.  You finally broke even (depending on what you paid for the stock and how long the cruises are).  lol

NOTE:  Calculation based on current price of the stock at $37.30/share.  100 shares = $3730.  $100 OBC/cruise = 38 cruises.