Royal's ships 2023/24

10 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We went on a ship tour to Kingscote ,the lady said a lot of people are moving to the mainland. Not for the lack of work but lack of services and the the cost.

It is nice but just another rural area.

Unfortunately, Kingscote wasn't a good choice as it is just the main shopping centre and the surrounding area is mainly rural.  Not far from there on the north coast is the beach voted No.1 beach in Australia, where you walk through a rock to reach the beach.  

I'm often surprised at what is offered on ship's tours.  I always think where would I take people in Brisbane or the Gold Coast, not what is offered on ship tours!

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes ,the weather has been calm.

The first time to Kangaroo island and I was pretty unimpressed. It’s just any rural Australian town by the sea . Every thing was boarded up and closed.
I went there Glen ,so I could tell not to bother . Adelaide was way better.

Great to hear you got to  KI Chilli!

We spent a week at  American River April 2022.. Flew in and got the ferry out. It was a mistake having no car but got some relaxation and did a day bus tour. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Apart from the price.Celebrity Edge looks like a good alternative and it’s on the way.

It holds more appeal for us than Ovation, Virgin & Disney combined. Yet we cancelled, oh well. It was for reasons other than the ship, so maybe we will cruise Edge down the track.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

True. Also wrong ship for Captain Kate, who while also being happily married, is also the Master of Celebrity Beyond.

Even Tasos has jumped ship, so there will be a new skipper down here on Edge.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That is really weird. I wonder how they could smuggle the cat aboard. Junior cougar.

And one cat is mentioned as the same risk as 129 doses of covid.

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That is really weird. I wonder how they could smuggle the cat aboard. Junior cougar.

1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpgHere is Bug, Capt Kate's Fur Baby.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Apparently they had a heap of cat food for the little kitty.

If they could get all that on what about someone getting something more sinister on?

You know , something absolutely unthinkable,something a Crown and Anchor member has nightmares about, a Princess Medallion or such ( princess members probably have nightmares also)

But where’s the security?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Apparently they had a heap of cat food for the little kitty.

If they could get all that on what about someone getting something more sinister on?

You know , something absolutely unthinkable,something a Crown and Anchor member has nightmares about, a Princess Medallion or such ( princess members probably have nightmares also)

But where’s the security?

My nightmare is when I get to the ship and realise my passport is still at home.

Incase anyone missed it Ovation was back in Sydney today 0600 - 0800 owing to a medical emergency . Left Sydney 1900 Thursday to Milford Sound but turned around. 
Ovation is now  heading to Wellington arriving 0800 Tuesday.

Edited by springaussie
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

Incase anyone missed it Ovation was back in Sydney today 0600 - 0800 owing to a medical emergency . Left Sydney 1900 Thursday to Milford Sound but turned around. 

No doubt there would have been  a lot of confused Sydney people about Ovation's brief visit back in Sydney. 

14 hours ago, springaussie said:

I spotted that on the tv  in the background ( a report on the Pacific Adventure  dirty bottom in NZ) and I thought.. gee, am I'm supposed to be working today. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I would hate to be working at guest services.

We were asked to go B2B Ovation with friends and would have missed Dunedin both times.

Dunedin was the main reason we would have went. The other half wants to save her leave so we did the quick spin on Quantum last weekend instead.