Sale on excursions

paulajj

Just now, paulajj said:

I had an excursion in my cart waiting for the sale to start today. It actually went up 30% instead of down 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyone else notice this?

No, and I hope not to.

4 minutes ago, paulajj said:

I had an excursion in my cart waiting for the sale to start today. It actually went up 30% instead of down 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyone else notice this?

I think that this whole "sale" is a bit weird.   I was able to book an excursion yesterday for 30% off - I had saved a copy of the shore excursion brochure so I could track pricing.   Today that excursion is back to the full price, but other excursions have lower prices.   None of these have sale banners letting people know what is "on sale".   

In your case, I'll bet the price in the cart was the sale price and now it is back to the regular price.  

I was thrilled with the 30% off - it's an Alaska cruise and none of the excursions are inexpensive.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rotoal said:

I think that this whole "sale" is a bit weird.   I was able to book an excursion yesterday for 30% off - I had saved a copy of the shore excursion brochure so I could track pricing.   Today that excursion is back to the full price, but other excursions have lower prices.   None of these have sale banners letting people know what is "on sale".   

In your case, I'll bet the price in the cart was the sale price and now it is back to the regular price.  

I was thrilled with the 30% off - it's an Alaska cruise and none of the excursions are inexpensive.

Yes I think you’re right. Unfortunately I was about to book it and then read they may be coming on sale and couldn’t be cancelled and rebooked so I waited. Bah! It’s not the end of the world as it’s only $30 each difference (not like some of those Alaska ones) but still super annoying. 

1 minute ago, paulajj said:

Yes I think you’re right. Unfortunately I was about to book it and then read they may be coming on sale and couldn’t be cancelled and rebooked so I waited. Bah! It’s not the end of the world as it’s only $30 each difference (not like some of those Alaska ones) but still super annoying. 

I think you answered my question… one that I booked Monday is now on sale. Sounds like you can’t cancel & rebook. Oh well, not a huge price difference on that one anyway.

I’m a novice with ship excursions - we normally book private tours but with COVID changing port rules frequently we decided it might be best to go that route this time - so am learning as I go!

52 minutes ago, alt243 said:

I think you answered my question… one that I booked Monday is now on sale. Sounds like you can’t cancel & rebook. Oh well, not a huge price difference on that one anyway.

I’m a novice with ship excursions - we normally book private tours but with COVID changing port rules frequently we decided it might be best to go that route this time - so am learning as I go!

If it was me I would phone them and try and get the price adjusted. Don’t mention anything about not being allowed and see what happens. Sometimes a little sweet talk helps too! 😂

3 hours ago, paulajj said:

Yes, I noticed this as well today.  

Figured. Would watch it tomorrow and Friday to see what happens…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

The sale was supposed to start yesterday, but still nothing today. Ugh! 

The sale has been pushed back a week and now starts on Dec 8.  Here is the updated flyerLink to the Celebrity sale flyer

Here is the updated spreadsheet of eligible sailings which I imported into Google Sheets (no unzipping required):  link.  Here is the link to the actual updated source (zip file): link.  Altogether there are 229 sailings listed as being eligible for the promotion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The sale has been pushed back a week and now starts on Dec 8.  Here is the updated flyerLink to the Celebrity sale flyer

Here is the updated spreadsheet of eligible sailings which I imported into Google Sheets (no unzipping required):  link.  Here is the link to the actual updated source (zip file): link.  Altogether there are 229 sailings listed as being eligible for the promotion.

This was very helpful. Thank you so much

Saved a good amount of money yesterday on discounted ship's tours. We have a twice lift & shift eleven night Western Med cruise in April '22 with six Celebrity excursions that have been planned since initial booking. No problem canceling those tours and re-booking same at the discounted price. Credit Card will show refund amounts in several days.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, paulajj said:

Is there a difference between blue and green?

There is some kind of categorical difference as the blue sailings are listed under "MCC" and the green sailings are "PCP".  I don't recognize what those abbreviations mean so I don't know what the significance is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The link to the flyer still lists December 1.

You are right.  It has changed back.  So I am pretty confused.

What hasn't changed is the pricing for specialty restaurants, shore excursions, etc for my one eligible sailing!

Edited by mahdnc

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Thank you! I did see that. We sail on December 11 and it’s still listed, so hopefully this starts on the 8th. Don’t think we can book much more on line after that date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

Thank you! I did see that. We sail on December 11 and it’s still listed, so hopefully this starts on the 8th. Don’t think we can book much more on line after that date. 

I am on the same sailing and am keeping my fingers crossed the sale appears.  I have held off on booking anything.  

Yesterday I booked some excursions for our 2022 Alaska cruise and saved over $400. There was nothing on cruise planner indicating that there was a sale. I had to compare prices with the excursion brochure to see the discounts. Discounted excursions had prices ending in .99, and the discounts ranged from 5 to 30 percent. Today prices are back to normal.

We are on the Reflection January 19th sailing and only a few excursions are discounted.  They do have the $xxx.99 price and I was able to save a little bit yesterday on our tours for St. Lucia and Barbados. 

Unfortunately the tours I am interested in for Antigua and St. Kitts are not discounted so I am going to wait to see if any of those prices change.  I have local tour booked for Nevis and currently St. Kitss is allowing government approved excursions.  Of course that might be changing again but they allow cancellation with full refund.   

57 minutes ago, candydane said:

How do I get an excursion booklet?  Is it available online?

Here is the link to the Celebrity website where you can get an excursion brochure specific for your sailing: link

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candydane said:

How do I get an excursion booklet?  Is it available online?

Yes, all of the excursion booklets are available online.

Click on menu on the left side of the celebrity home page (you don't have to be logged in)

Under "About Celebrity" click on Shore excursions brochure - and from there you can select your cruise.   We don't cruise often, and if the cruise is a long time in the future, I may download the brochure more than once.   Sometimes the offering look slim.  I save the downloaded brochure with the date that I saved it, just for comparison.   That way it is easy to confirm if something is really a "sale" or not.

• Thanks 1