Anyone currently on Breakaway 12/4?

wolft927

If not we will get testing out of the way and enjoy a morning of leisure and check out of our room and head over around noon to get on ship.

ETA:  We have also received about 8 emails in the last 2 days about watching mustard video we have already watched.

Edited by seemoreroyals

Not sure what's up as it says to delay your time by 2 hours from what is scheduled, but it also says don't arrive before noon. Our test window is 9am, 2 hours would be 11 which goes against the other half of the message.

I swear between this and everything else going on I don't know if I'm going to make it. Woke up today to find out the neighbors tore down the fence, fence we needed to keep the dogs safely in the yard and garage while we're gone so been outside rebuilding a fence all day.

For those that are staying at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside pre-cruise:
     1) Does NCL take your luggage from the hotel to the ship or did you have to do it?

2) How far away is Eurofins testing/Marriott?

2a) How do you get there and then to the ship/check-in?

TIA and Bon Voyage! 

I got same text and the news in NO is forecast for heavy fog advisory til 9:30 am tomorrow 

I have gotten no notice about going to a Marriott before check in to test…..

The info I’ve received just said to check in 10:00-10:30……so now that will be at 12:00…..

where are y’all getting this info to first go to a Marriott?

2 hours ago, dobiemom said:

For those that are staying at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside pre-cruise:
     1) Does NCL take your luggage from the hotel to the ship or did you have to do it?

2) How far away is Eurofins testing/Marriott?

2a) How do you get there and then to the ship/check-in?

TIA and Bon Voyage! 

No the Hilton will not take your luggage to the port.  A quick Google maps search shows that it is about a 10 minute walk from the Hilton to the Marriott. Too short for a cab ride. I have actually stayed at both hotels and they aren't far apart but the area can be congested. The port entrance is actually on Julia Street and not that far from the Marriott...the porters are typically on the street outside.  It will be easier in reality than it looks on paper.

• Like 1

Just received notification from Nola.com about the 10 COVID-19 cases on board the Breakaway. They will be testing all passengers prior to debarkation. This could be the reason for the delay on embarkation tomorrow.

Breakaway will arrive tomorrow to NOLA. Today (Saturday) is a sea day.

Did they test everybody today or just some people? What triggered that?
I was there last week and there was no test at disembarkation nor any “random” test the day before.

8 minutes ago, lixogab said:

Breakaway will arrive tomorrow to NOLA. Today (Saturday) is a sea day.

Did they test everybody today or just some people? What triggered that?
I was there last week and there was no test at disembarkation nor any “random” test the day before.

They have 10 positive cases onboard. That is the reason all pax are being tested prior to disembarkation. 

1 minute ago, Fredric22 said:

Cruise ships have positive cases/ tests literally every week. I'm not sure why this is even making the news.  

most likely because of the new variant and the media needs any kind of covid story

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

most likely because of the new variant and the media needs any kind of covid story

It seems like it was originally publicized by the Louisiana dept. of health. So yea of course the media is eating it up because they love to talk about the cruise industry.  63 people tested positive on a KLM flight the other day... does anyone remember that being covered extensively? 

• Like 4

Those 10 cases of guests with positive systems - NCL may be doing a thorough cleaning

of their cabin/quarters - but the delay in boarding should not be any different - usually the

cabins are not available immediately upon boarding - more in the order of early afternoon.

Delays of the Mexican Western Caribbean cruises are not a problem - there is a whole

SEA day going down and back - lots of fudge room in that scheduling.

• Like 1

Saw this.

COVID outbreak on cruise ship approaching New Orleans (msn.com)

I was wondering if the ship sailed at reduced capacity.    We did that itinerary out of Galveston last month on the Liberty of the Seas.   They had an unoccupied table between each occupied table.  And the elevators were limited to 5.   Masks required in the inside of ship except for a designated lounge.   And it as well as the diamond lounge looked like a super spreader.

Once on the way to Cozumel, about 9-10 pm, we had to turn back to get someone back to Galveston, and we were in Cozumel early the next morning.

Edited by knittinggirl

3 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

Saw this.

COVID outbreak on cruise ship approaching New Orleans (msn.com)

I was wondering if the ship sailed at reduced capacity.    We did that itinerary out of Galveston last month on the Liberty of the Seas.   They had an unoccupied table between each occupied table.  And the elevators were limited to 5.   Masks required in the inside of ship except for a designated lounge.   And it as well as the diamond lounge looked like a super spreader.

Once on the way to Cozumel, about 9-10 pm, we had to turn back to get someone back to Galveston, and we were in Cozumel early the next morning.

This ship sailed with about 3000 total (crew and passengers). That puts it at around 1800 passengers....

19 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

No the Hilton will not take your luggage to the port.  A quick Google maps search shows that it is about a 10 minute walk from the Hilton to the Marriott. Too short for a cab ride. I have actually stayed at both hotels and they aren't far apart but the area can be congested. The port entrance is actually on Julia Street and not that far from the Marriott...the porters are typically on the street outside.  It will be easier in reality than it looks on paper.

The Hilton has a walkway connection to the River Walk Mall, so it's possible to walk inside the mall for the entire way from the hotel to the cruise terminal.  As I remember, it took me just over 10 minutes last time, but I did slow down to peer into some shop windows along the way.

• Like 1