Booster

beloum

19 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

But get the booster ASAP anyway!!!   ;  )

Yes . . . . got my Moderna booster on Wednesday in good time for my December 11 Panorama sailing.  Felt a bit tired on Thursday morning, but no other negative effects and was feeling 100% by Thursday evening.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

Yes . . . . got my Moderna booster on Wednesday in good time for my December 11 Panorama sailing.  Felt a bit tired on Thursday morning, but no other negative effects and was feeling 100% by Thursday evening.

Same here. I got the Pfizer booster last weekend, no side effects other than it felt like somebody

karate-chopped my bicep the next day. Maybe a little tiredness, but that's typical for me anyways...I need a cruise vacation!

• Like 2

I was going to get booster this week however I am going on the Freedom next Saturday and I am scared when I go to check in they will say I can't go on because I don't have 14 days after the vax. I can't seem to find out if that is true anywhere.

1 hour ago, emm126 said:

I was going to get booster this week however I am going on the Freedom next Saturday and I am scared when I go to check in they will say I can't go on because I don't have 14 days after the vax. I can't seem to find out if that is true anywhere.

All Carnival cares about is that you're fully vaccinated in the eyes of your home countries health service (plus 14 days after that).  In the US that's a single dose of J&J or two doses of Pfizer or Moderna.  At this time they don't care if you have or haven't had the booster, or if you've had the booster they don't care when.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emm126 said:

Not true. John has mentioned that ALOT.

It's 14 days after your 2nd Pfizer/Moderna or 14 days after your 1st/only J and J.

And no your pre travel covid test won't be affected by the booster shot. You don't test positive after getting a vaccine.

Getting a booster just reduces your chance of getting and transmitting Covid, which considering you are going on a cruise ship with 1000 of people is a good idea.

• Like 3

Got my Pfizer Booster shot last week and unfortunately I got the full side effects, chills, night sweats, and sore in the arm, fever.  It started around the 10th hour after injection and by the 24th hour it was all gone except for the arm soreness.  I had a reaction to both shots so I was mentally prepared but physically not so much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Got my Pfizer Booster shot last week and unfortunately I got the full side effects, chills, night sweats, and sore in the arm, fever.  It started around the 10th hour after injection and by the 24th hour it was all gone except for the arm soreness.  I had a reaction to both shots so I was mentally prepared but physically not so much.

It sounds like you had worse side effects than most people.  Still, a heck of a lot better than what Covid could do to you.  

4 hours ago, groundloop said:

It sounds like you had worse side effects than most people.  Still, a heck of a lot better than what Covid could do to you.  

Yeap… which is why I still went and got the booster knowing the side effects.  If getting the vaccine gave me those symptoms I can only imagine what Covid would be like.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

I suspect more of these Booster shots are coming. Just today the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship set to dock in New Orleans with over 3,000 passengers has detected 10 cases of COVID-19 among its crew and guests .

Edited by BasicSailor

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

I suspect more of these Booster shots are coming. Just today the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship set to dock in New Orleans with over 3,000 passengers has detected 10 cases of COVID-19 among its crew and guests .

10 cases out of over 3000 is a very small percentage, and that's just passengers. 10 out of the over 3000 passengers plus the crew would be an even smaller percentage.

Guest BasicSailor
12 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

10 cases out of over 3000 is a very small percentage, and that's just passengers. 10 out of the over 3000 passengers plus the crew would be an even smaller percentage.

Perhaps you should explain this to the media that reported this . But still we should all be aware how easily this new variant spreads. Nothing smarter than being safe.

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

NCL Breakaway will be testing every passenger on board before they are allowed to disembark.

Did NCL not require mask while aboard?

3 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Perhaps you should explain this to the media that reported this . But still we should all be aware how easily this new variant spreads. Nothing smarter than being safe.

The media knows that they sensaationalize things; they do not need me to tell them.

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, ontheweb said:

The media knows that they sensaationalize things; they do not need me to tell them.

So you're saying the media has a way of stirring the pot just to enthuse their readers ?

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

So you're saying the media has a way of stirring the pot just to enthuse their readers ?

No, I am actually saying they do it to encourage clicks or sell papers or encourage viewers to their station depending on what media we are referring to. Or sometimes they do it to push their particular agenda.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, emm126 said:

I got my booster 2 days before our Horizon sailing last month. Carnival doesn't ask about the booster (yet).

Guest BasicSailor
5 minutes ago, loohoo1 said:

I got my booster 2 days before our Horizon sailing last month. Carnival doesn't ask about the booster (yet).

I've had mine for a while now, But I will admit I was skeptical of getting the booster close to boarding, so we waited until after the cruise.