Testing at the Port for over 12 Vaccinated

Has anyone used the testing for vax passengers over 12 that you schedule online at the port as a last resort.  I notice when registering there is an option for paying later.  Also curious if you can schedule the day before.  Our sailing is the Jan 2nd and most places will not be testing on the 1st.  Just being paranoid as we have a group of 7.  I am also ordering at home tests.

Edited by irishgal432

3 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

IT is 105.00 per person at the port.  I would only do it as a last resort.  I looked yesterday and they still had appts available for todays Harmony sailing.

RCI charges $105 for a test at the port?

FYI - Just got off NCL and it was free!

You had to be vaccinated, too. No masks had to be worn on board either.

Was on Celebrity Edge in Sept. No masks.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The cost varies by port - $105 is at the low end, some are at least $150. 

Is that for an Antigen test or PCR?

I assume that would be Antigen/Rapid test.

Have been tested 4 times since Sept using CVS 2X and NCL 2X free!

I got worried with no CVS/Walgreen appointments were available for the RAPID 15 min Antigen test and the calendar went out 3 months...

So in preparation for my Oct 31 Liberty trip I purchased a couple of HOME test referenced by RCCL:
https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/ $60 for 2.

A week before the cruise I noticed a testing center that set up in a convenient “old” Chase drive thru.  They’ve been set up for 6+ months but never gave them much thought. I pulled up and asked 1) Do you do the 15 min RAPID Antigen test and 2) What would be the cost?

The said, yes, we give you your “signed” results while you wait (took 8 min) and then also send an email you can print that looks a bit better. (1 hour later).

And $0. If you have insurance, you show your card, for those uninsured, still $0 to you.

I went to their website and booked for noon 2 days before trip with plenty of open spots, paid $0, and it was accepted at the port. 

I also have another trip Jan 2 and plan to go back on their website and book another Fri noon Dec 31.

While this was GAL my bet is most cities will have these approved COVID testing centers available. 

Just FYI……be careful about booking appointments at the port if you are only using them as a backup!!

I am not sure about Royal’s current policy but Carnival is now charging everyone the fee if you make an appt whether you show up or not!!  

Seems they had a lot of people booking spaces, not using them and taking up the limited amount of appointments for those who really needed them.

On 12/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, irishgal432 said:

Has anyone used the testing for vax passengers over 12 that you schedule online at the port as a last resort.  I notice when registering there is an option for paying later.  Also curious if you can schedule the day before.  Our sailing is the Jan 2nd and most places will not be testing on the 1st.  Just being paranoid as we have a group of 7.  I am also ordering at home tests.

We also sail on Jan 2 and wondered if the testing site will be open on New Year’s Eve. I know the store will be open limited hours but wasn’t sure if they would have testing available.