Anyone cancelling their cruise?

Sistersinlaw

22 minutes ago, Magicat said:

We left from Mexico and got tested at a local lab here the day before our flight, 2 days before the cruise.  On today's test, I got tested at work.  

Oh.  I was looking for information on testing in Galveston/Houston area thinking you got one for your flight home. 

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks for your report but it is a little misleading for the "Canadian" board.

From previous posts by you I'm under the impression that although you are Canadian, you actually live in Mexico. Were you testing for return to Canada or Mexico?

I did find your cheerful post refreshing in that you went on your cruise without difficulty. 

I'm shaking my head that there are no less than 10 threads just on the "Canadian" forum about "testing".

Maybe you could start a "we went on a cruise and had a great time" thread here on the Canadian board.

Yes perhaps a little misleading, but I want to share with my fellow Canadians it is not scary to start to travel.  The vaccines they have taken work at preventing infection.  Our next cruise we do sail out of Galveston and land at Cape Liberty.  At the end of that cruise we will return to Canada for the weekend.

3 hours ago, Magicat said:

Yes perhaps a little misleading, but I want to share with my fellow Canadians it is not scary to start to travel.  The vaccines they have taken work at preventing infection.  Our next cruise we do sail out of Galveston and land at Cape Liberty.  At the end of that cruise we will return to Canada for the weekend.

A cruise from Galveston to Cape Liberty, NJ?

20 hours ago, broberts said:

A cruise from Galveston to Cape Liberty, NJ?

Yes we are on that one leaving end of April and going to the middle of May.  Should be nice.  Everything is booked.  Glad at this time we only have to do an Antigen test.  My contract may end this year so we are taking a lot of stuff back with us.  We have first class flights booked to Houston and since I am ex military we get a boat load of baggage on Air Canada from LGA to YYZ in economy.  I could be wrong but I think we paid $180 each for that flight.

• 1 month later...

Even though restrictions are lessening weekly,  and the latest variant, while contagious, seldom causes serious problems, we've reluctantly decided to cancel our Aug. 24 day HAL cruise.

We will qualify for the second booster in a few months, but after final payment.

We're just back from an overnight stay in a Holiday Inn Express near Toronto and upon check in were handed a letter stating that rooms would only be refreshed every 5 days and even then only if this service was requested.  We revisited the possibility of being quarantined in a small cabin for an extended time.

We're of an age where we're not interested in FCCs and so will cancel next week thru' our TA.

Safe and wonderful travels to each of you,

Ruth

• Like 2

Had an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver this summer but recently cancelled before final payment due.  Unfortunately an unexpected illness with my better half and uncertainly as to what is happening and  if she would be able to recover fully before the cruise.  Very happy to see that cruising in Canada is a go and certainly hope that its smooth sailing for the 2022 Canadian Cruise Season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeDemonBlond said:

Had an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver this summer but recently cancelled before final payment due.  Unfortunately an unexpected illness with my better half and uncertainly as to what is happening and  if she would be able to recover fully before the cruise.  Very happy to see that cruising in Canada is a go and certainly hope that its smooth sailing for the 2022 Canadian Cruise Season. 

Wishing your better half a speedy recovery.  

• Like 1

Not planning to cruise yet.  We are dong land trips.  Portugal next month.   Perhaps Greece in Sept/Oct.   Hoping to snowbird again in Thailand next winter.

We are in no rush to start cruising again.

Edited by iancal

On 4/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, LeDemonBlond said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery by your BH, and a speedy return to the healing sound of the sea.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:57 AM, LeDemonBlond said:

Hi, couldn't help noticing your ID and photo on this sad day. We are all sad of the passing of Guy Lafleur I can only guess you were a great fan also. 

Hope your better half will recover soon. We are also booked on an Alaskan cruise but only for May 2023.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LouCoop said:

Hi, couldn't help noticing your ID and photo on this sad day. We are all sad of the passing of Guy Lafleur I can only guess you were a great fan also. 

Hope your better half will recover soon. We are also booked on an Alaskan cruise but only for May 2023.

Thanks all for the well wishes concerning my wife. She is doing better and we think on the mend.  Yes, I agree, not just a sad day but a sad week with Mike Bossy and Guy Lafleur passing away. Brings back all the good memories of 1970/80's hockey. Favourite player was Lafleur growing up.

• Like 3