Anytime Dining

SKSMIKE5

We are going on an Alaska Cruise in June and have 5PM seating for dinner every night in the dining room. When we are in Juneau our excursion gets back after dinner. Are we allowed to make a reservation in the "Anytime Dining" dining room for say 7PM? Thanks.

1 hour ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

We are going on an Alaska Cruise in June and have 5PM seating for dinner every night in the dining room. When we are in Juneau our excursion gets back after dinner. Are we allowed to make a reservation in the "Anytime Dining" dining room for say 7PM? Thanks.

Pre covid with ships sailing full it would be extremely doubtful, you would just go to Windjammer.   Interesting to see what has happened over the last few weeks to others in the same situation.

10 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

Are we allowed to make a reservation in the "Anytime Dining" dining room for say 7PM?

The official answer is no, but it may depend on how busy the MDR is if they'll entertain you coming in at that hour.

Thanks everyone. Maybe someone on a cruise recently experienced this and can let me know. We just got off TA on Harmony. Only had 1200 passengers, the MDR and Anytime Dining room were empty. The windjammer wasn't open for dinner. I am assuming it's because the ship was sailing with such a low number.

Has anyone noticed for 2022 cruises that MTD is opening an hour later than main dining. We have three cruises booked I'm sure that they have always been the same, if anything MTD was earlier.

Not sure if this is a covid issue to reduce crowding at the entrance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

This, though not at the entrance, in the MDR itself. They want to use the same venue for MTD as traditional, but they need to wait till those early folks start to clear out (use the vax deck of the MDR to turn it over 3 times per night).

Biker, who thinks that will need to be "adjusted" as capacities go up.

Edited by Biker19

On 12/5/2021 at 9:41 PM, SKSMIKE5 said:

Perhaps you should consider a speciality restaurant that evening- you can make the reservation for later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tin can said:

Has anyone noticed for 2022 cruises that MTD is opening an hour later than main dining. We have three cruises booked I'm sure that they have always been the same, if anything MTD was earlier.

And the opening times book up so fast. I ended up switching to early seating because I couldn’t get a reservation until quite late.  I hate. That because 5:30 seems a rush to get to. 

On 12/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, mawvkysc said:

And the opening times book up so fast. I ended up switching to early seating because I couldn’t get a reservation until quite late.  I hate. That because 5:30 seems a rush to get to. 

Yes I've noticed that they are booking up fast. We usually like 6pm MTD but the earliest is 6.30pm. Like yourself 5.30pm is a bit of a rush but I think 6.30pm will make us too late for the early show in the theatre.

Its not a massive issue and we will be glad to just get back on a cruise but that half hour in the Diamond Lounge when things calmed down when people left for first sitting was great.

4 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i just booked may on oasis. 7 is the earliest MTD any nite. i know from my oct. cruise the concierge can get me in earlier but still kinda surprised they are booked this far out. 

I'm on Ovation in August and, yes the earliest MTD spots are 7PM...But the app shows MTD starts at 6:45PM every day but day 3, where it is 5:30pm. Is there a 15 minute window?

Screenshot_20211210-234539.png