Star class

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Is unlimited laundry and dry cleaning available for star class passengers?

txs

Laundry for sure.  I can’t remember using that the times we did star class,

but the genie will email you before the cruise so you can ask.  I’d say with 95% + confidence it is included.  

11 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Since we are doing a back to back, many of my clothes and my DH's clothes are dry clean only.  Want to bring these items and would think some might need dry cleaning- guess I will have to pay for that service- but will check with the genie.

I’m guessing if it is a few

items there won’t be a charge.  Now if you tried to dry clean 20 things, that might be different.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Quick question....is the Coco Beach Club included if you are Star Class??  Thanks for your help.....

To add to that, I don’t think there is anything extra provided for star

class or suite (sky) class like there was in Haiti.  Whatever the reasons, it always seemed weird they would have a suites only area in labadee but not on coco cay.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, topnole said:

To add to that, I don’t think there is anything extra provided for star

class or suite (sky) class like there was in Haiti.  Whatever the reasons, it always seemed weird they would have a suites only area in labadee but not on coco cay.  

I totally agree with you but I suspect this is a $$ thing.

Why give away a free perk to suites (suites area at Labadee) when you can sell the perk to a bigger potential audience (everyone...not just those in suites).  Maybe they will eventually provide a suites only area on PDCC but I'm not holding my breath.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

Why give away a free perk to suites (suites area at Labadee) when you can sell the perk to a bigger potential audience (everyone...not just those in suites).  Maybe they will eventually provide a suites only area on PDCC but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah. I doubt they will.  If Labadee ever comes back in rotation, I’m sure that the suites area will eventually be gone.  It’s absolutely a $ thing.  

Hey, at least drinks are included on the island with a drink package.  Makes for a cheap island day relative to other ports when there is not cost for lunch or drinks.  

I like the suite beach, but it isn’t like it was really anything special other than not quite as chaotic.  But not by that much.  I can be just as happy in many spots in either location with a bar nearby and the sand in my toes.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

My other reply aside, it is kind of weird that when in star class they give you everything onboard and reserve the best seats in the house for you.  But when on their island you get absolutely zero perk.  Nothing as far as I know.  

You’d think they might at least throw in free floating mats or a small reserved area for star class on one of the nice beach areas.  At least something.  They could do a few things that wouldn’t increase marginal costs by a penny.  It might reduce revenue, but I doubt it and the point of star class is all inclusive. If the issue is revenue loss, why even give half the onboard perks like all specialty dining included.  It is supposed to be close to everything included, so why not add a few perks on the island.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topnole said:

My other reply aside, it is kind of weird that when in star class they give you everything onboard and reserve the best seats in the house for you.  But when on their island you get absolutely zero perk.  Nothing as far as I know.  

You’d think they might at least throw in free floating mats or a small reserved area for star class on one of the nice beach areas.  At least something.  They could do a few things that wouldn’t increase marginal costs by a penny.  It might reduce revenue, but I doubt it and the point of star class is all inclusive. If the issue is revenue loss, why even give half the onboard perks like all specialty dining included.  It is supposed to be close to everything included, so why not add a few perks on the island.  

Probably because STAR customers generally don't have a problem paying for an OTW Cabana😉

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Probably because STAR customers generally don't have a problem paying for an OTW Cabana😉

Agree.  But with that logic why include all the specialty restaurants onboard?  Star class would surely pay for those too.  And if you provide a few perks, Cabana folks are still going to Cabana.  I just find the stark contrast between onboard and on the island interesting and the difference between what used to be the case in Labadee and Coco Cay interesting.  

A new suite guest going to both would probably be very confused why one had a special suite area and the other had zero perk. 

The inconsistency is, well, typical of Royal.  None of these thoughts will keep me from enjoying my experiences however.  

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Unless I'm mistaken (just can't remember) even the wings at Cap'n Jacks are excluded from SC perks.

I think when they first rolled

out SC they charged my brother for popcorn on the boardwalk.  Lol.  I wasn’t on that cruise, but I remember it really annoyed him.  He was so confused because he could order any food at the most expensive restaurants, but got charged a few bucks for a few Pennies in cost of popcorn.  It clearly wasn’t a money issue. Just the idiotic inconsistency on that one.  

41 minutes ago, topnole said:

Agree.  But with that logic why include all the specialty restaurants onboard?  Star class would surely pay for those too.  And if you provide a few perks, Cabana folks are still going to Cabana.  I just find the stark contrast between onboard and on the island interesting and the difference between what used to be the case in Labadee and Coco Cay interesting.  

A new suite guest going to both would probably be very confused why one had a special suite area and the other had zero perk. 

The inconsistency is, well, typical of Royal.  None of these thoughts will keep me from enjoying my experiences however.  

Are you participating in the Dynamic Pricing thread🤣🤣

Seriously though, special dining is small potatoes, OTW cabanas are a massive profit center

27 minutes ago, topnole said:

I think when they first rolled

out SC they charged my brother for popcorn on the boardwalk.  Lol.  I wasn’t on that cruise, but I remember it really annoyed him.  He was so confused because he could order any food at the most expensive restaurants, but got charged a few bucks for a few Pennies in cost of popcorn.  It clearly wasn’t a money issue. Just the idiotic inconsistency on that one.  

Easy genie fix. We had a bill for a bottle of white zin delivered to room. It got fixed, bur problem was something about it was ordered without involving genie

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Are you participating in the Dynamic Pricing thread🤣🤣

Seriously though, special dining is small potatoes, OTW cabanas are a massive profit center

No I’m not in that thread.  😄

I hear you.  Yes800-1600 for a cabana is going to be a huge money maker.  My point is that a floating mat or whatever other perk isn’t going to stop whoever rents a cabana from getting a cabana.   So I’m not talking big perks here like free

water park access.  Just something versus absolutely nothing would seem more consistent with the rest of the SC product.  I don’t know all the analytics they do, but again, the inconsistency is odd.  

They way they emails read, if you don’t get a cabana early then they sell out.  If so, they will make their $ on those

either way.  Perhaps that is just artificially hyping up demand but we already had an email on it months ahead.  

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Easy genie fix. We had a bill for a bottle of white zin delivered to room. It got fixed, bur problem was something about it was ordered without involving genie

Yeah. He asked the genie as I recall but they couldn’t change it.  This was early in the SC era.  So there were weird things

like this.  

We had one weird thing once but I can’t remember.  I’m not gonna get bothered by a few bucks on a cruise when I’m spending that much to enjoy a week off.  Just not worth it.  I also remember some perks were totally changed by our second or third star class trip.  Is what it is as they say. 

15 minutes ago, topnole said:

No I’m not in that thread.  😄

I hear you.  Yes800-1600 for a cabana is going to be a huge money maker.  My point is that a floating mat or whatever other perk isn’t going to stop whoever rents a cabana from getting a cabana.   So I’m not talking big perks here like free

water park access.  Just something versus absolutely nothing would seem more consistent with the rest of the SC product.  I don’t know all the analytics they do, but again, the inconsistency is odd.  

They way they emails read, if you don’t get a cabana early then they sell out.  If so, they will make their $ on those

either way.  Perhaps that is just artificially hyping up demand but we already had an email on it months ahead.  

Maybe it's in the cards as they expand the island