Just got off OASIS OF THE SEAS Nov 28, 2021 Western Caribbean Sailing - Ask Me Anything...

mattpan

6 hours ago, tlund said:

We are sailing on the Oasis this Sunday.  When we come home, we have a 10:45 flight when we get off.  What time did you end up disembarking and arrive at the airport?  Were cabs pretty much available when you disembarked?  We are in a suite, intend to walk off with our luggage, have Global Entry for customs (if there is a separate line) and TSA pre-check for the airport.

Wow that is close!  The airport might be crowded.  You might not get off the ship as early as you think as on the weekends many ships need to be cleared at the port. Customs can be backed up.  Once cruise we got off didn't have transportation available as a big acccident happened on the highway and the cabs couldn't enter for a while.

Don't you have to be at the airport at least 1/1/2 hours before the flight?  

I hope all goes well for you. Wish you good luck!

On 12/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, mattpan said:

I brought the Compasses home with me but didn't photograph or scan yet. Hopefully will get a chance. Though they might be available on some other forums already.

I'd love to see the Compasses also (I looked around, couldn't find anything for this exact itinerary for the Oasis)

Unless you had an excursion booked, the Roatan port shopping experience was pretty much a joke.  VERY aggressive wait staff trying desperately to get you into the 2-3 bars that serve anything.  Right up in your face...  Other than that, not as many shops as prior (pre-covid) years.  I will stay on board next time...

• Thanks 1

We were also on the Nov 28th cruise on the Oasis.  Had no trouble embarking at our allotted 11:30 a time slot. We don't do the Key.  

The staff seemed very glad to see us and service was the best on an Oasis class ship we've ever had.   The ship seemed very empty and we (party of 8 ) walked into every show without reservations. The MDR was about half full for our 6:30 my time dining reservation.  We did do a specialty dining in 150 Central Park. It was much better than our last Chops dining experience.

Different perceptions about the ports and formal nights....First I was surprised there was just one "dress your best" night. However, we actually dressed up for our specialty dining night on Thursday as well and there were a lot of people dressed up and taking photos that night.  Also a good number of dress ups on Saturday night as well.

We did private excursions in Coz, Costa Maya and Roatan. Off the ship the mask mandate while not strictly enforced was well in play. Most people were wearing masks most of the time.

On board ship mask compliance wasn't 100% but there were constant reminders all the time. Most people wore their masks most of the time.

We ate b'fast and lunch in the Wind Jammer and sometimes in the Solarium. Never had a problem with finding a table or with being served.

Never had a problem finding a deck chair around the pools or in the Solarium.

On 12/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, mac66 said:

We were also on the Nov 28th cruise on the Oasis.  Had no trouble embarking at our allotted 11:30 a time slot. We don't do the Key.  

The staff seemed very glad to see us and service was the best on an Oasis class ship we've ever had.   The ship seemed very empty and we (party of 8 ) walked into every show without reservations. The MDR was about half full for our 6:30 my time dining reservation.  We did do a specialty dining in 150 Central Park. It was much better than our last Chops dining experience.

Different perceptions about the ports and formal nights....First I was surprised there was just one "dress your best" night. However, we actually dressed up for our specialty dining night on Thursday as well and there were a lot of people dressed up and taking photos that night.  Also a good number of dress ups on Saturday night as well.

We did private excursions in Coz, Costa Maya and Roatan. Off the ship the mask mandate while not strictly enforced was well in play. Most people were wearing masks most of the time.

On board ship mask compliance wasn't 100% but there were constant reminders all the time. Most people wore their masks most of the time.

We ate b'fast and lunch in the Wind Jammer and sometimes in the Solarium. Never had a problem with finding a table or with being served.

Never had a problem finding a deck chair around the pools or in the Solarium.

I agree with your assessment, especially the service part…I was very happy with the drink service everywhere on the ship. Let’s hope that stays that way when they go back to higher capacities, though I won’t hold my breath.

Besides the ship feeling empty and what you said about customer service, how did it compare to Before Times cruising? Did you feel like you missed out on anything due to restrictions/open times/etc?

Thanks in advance. Trying to decide if we are going to stick with the Oasis cruise we have booked. It's a great deal, but still a chunk of change for a vacation. We love Oasis class ships, though, and I think they handle full capacity well enough that 60% capacity is very tempting.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:38 PM, tlund said:

We are sailing on the Oasis this Sunday.  When we come home, we have a 10:45 flight when we get off.  What time did you end up disembarking and arrive at the airport?  Were cabs pretty much available when you disembarked?  We are in a suite, intend to walk off with our luggage, have Global Entry for customs (if there is a separate line) and TSA pre-check for the airport.

We walked off right at 7:45 since we had The Key but there were a lot of others waiting in the Promenade to get off. Not sure how long regular disembarking would take. We breezed through customs, in fact, didn’t even have to stop or declare anything. Cabs were readily available but we called an Uber and he arrived in <5 min. Very easy.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, twobeautifulgirls said:

I know you had the beverage pckage but were you able to see how much drinks cost without  it- (like a vodka soda)? And how much per day was the drink package?

Sorry I don’t have a good feel for the drink prices without the DBP. We paid $62/pp/day for the drink package on this sailing…$1024 total for two.

On 12/18/2021 at 11:23 PM, fuinseog said:

Besides the ship feeling empty and what you said about customer service, how did it compare to Before Times cruising? Did you feel like you missed out on anything due to restrictions/open times/etc?

Thanks in advance. Trying to decide if we are going to stick with the Oasis cruise we have booked. It's a great deal, but still a chunk of change for a vacation. We love Oasis class ships, though, and I think they handle full capacity well enough that 60% capacity is very tempting.

I felt like the late night entertainment was turned down a notch. There were no impromptu parties like during pre-Covid: no 70’s party in the Promenade, no DJ white party around the Solarium bar, no dancing on the pool deck, etc. They are obviously limiting those activities to limit large gatherings but they were missed. Also note that capacities are rising weekly, though maybe that will be curtailed due to Omicron. 

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We enjoy going privately to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel.  Are we allowed to go now?

Vaccinated individuals were allowed to venture out on their own in Cozumel. Unvaccinated (kids) and their families had to book excursions through the ship. So I'd conclude you could go to Mr. Sanchos if you're vaccinated and assuming it's open.