Looking for options for transportation from MIA to POM

Katie H

Are the taxis between the airport and the cruise port a flat rate?  If not, what is the average cost? 

If using Uber or Lyft, is there a designated area to be picked up and if so, is it well marked and easy to find.

Looking for any recent experience.  Thanks for any help.

16 hours ago, Katie H said:

Are the taxis between the airport and the cruise port a flat rate?  If not, what is the average cost? 

If using Uber or Lyft, is there a designated area to be picked up and if so, is it well marked and easy to find.

Looking for any recent experience.  Thanks for any help.

The cabs have a flat rate. It's around $30.00.  The Uber app will give you directions, my understanding it's outside the luggage claim door across the street on the parking garage side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

The cabs have a flat rate. It's around $30.00.  The Uber app will give you directions, my understanding it's outside the luggage claim door across the street on the parking garage side.

Thanks so much.  That's very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I'm back, I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is interested.

From airport to port, we used Uber.  Very easy to find and the app told us exactly where to stand.  Total was $25.  We had a driver who had never been in the port before, so he had to drive around a few times until he found our terminal.

On the return, I checked the Uber app and the price was $50!  Checked Lyft and price was just over $20, but not clear where to wait.  The taxi line was short so we went with that.  Flat rates was $27.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Katie H said:

Now that I'm back, I'll answer my own question in case anyone else is interested.

From airport to port, we used Uber.  Very easy to find and the app told us exactly where to stand.  Total was $25.  We had a driver who had never been in the port before, so he had to drive around a few times until he found our terminal.

On the return, I checked the Uber app and the price was $50!  Checked Lyft and price was just over $20, but not clear where to wait.  The taxi line was short so we went with that.  Flat rates was $27.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! 😎

On 12/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Katie H said:

With Uber/Lyft after the ride is accepted there is a way to message the driver.   I always just message them with the pole number I'm standing at at the terminal.   The RCL/Celebrity terminal poles are all numbered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you need to make arrangements with taxi company ahead of time or do you just get in a taxi line.  I'm talking about POM to MIA on 1/16.   Is cost $27 per taxi or per person (4 adult females).

The cost was $27 per taxi, not per person.  I don't think that 4 could have fit into the regular sedan we were in, but there may be some SUV type cabs.  I know there were in the past, just didn't have a chance to see one this time since the line was so short, we were in our cab and gone quickly.  But even if you split into 2 cabs, it is a good price.

2 hours ago, Katie H said:

The cost was $27 per taxi, not per person.  I don't think that 4 could have fit into the regular sedan we were in, but there may be some SUV type cabs.  I know there were in the past, just didn't have a chance to see one this time since the line was so short, we were in our cab and gone quickly.  But even if you split into 2 cabs, it is a good price.

Katie, thank you for your quick response.  You're correct in that we either need an SUV or 2 taxis. I hope I'm not being too optimistic worrying about our return transportation.  We're flying out of Philadelphia and there have been so many cancellations, then Covid seems to be resurfacing and we need to get tested on Thursday, it's really overwhelming.  This is our 4th attempt to redeem our Carnival credit from Sept. 2019 when we were in a hurricane and never made it to Bermuda.  Stay well.

• Like 1

There should be a dispatcher working the cab line - just let him know that you have 4 in your party and need an SUV/minivan taxi. If there is no dispatcher just wait your turn at the front of the line until an SUV/van cab moves up. Fare should be the same (I think it is up to $28+tip) and should be posted in the taxi.

• Like 1