Recent Move Up Bid Acceptance Timelines

mahealey1

On 12/10/2021 at 12:25 AM, neverlaysup said:

On my last cruise, the Move up was available at 30 days out and I had two bids in. Two days later, I cancelled the lesser bid and was immediately locked out of my other bid, it showed pending. That continued for another 3 weeks until 3 days short of sailing I was awarded the upgrade. On my cruise coming up in two weeks, I once again bid on two different cabins and 3 days later, one shows expired with the other one pending (no ability to modify or cancel). I am all but assured of winning that bid based on my last experience and that of others.

Did you win this?  I have been in the exact same position for my Jan 30 sailing for a wwek now?

Question...what happens if we place a bid on a more expensive cabin or suite...Celebrity accepts the bid and we are upgraded...and then...we decide to cancel the current cruise that has the upgrade and take a cruise later in the year?  Do we lose the amount of money Celebrity charged our credit card for the upgrade bid?  Do we get it refunded? Or is it applied to the next cruise along with what we initially paid for our original cabin?  My concern is that if we cannot make this cruise, we would lose the amount we paid for the upgrade?  I currently had an open bid on a Celebrity sailing in February...

On 1/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, Mark said:

Question...what happens if we place a bid on a more expensive cabin or suite...Celebrity accepts the bid and we are upgraded...and then...we decide to cancel the current cruise that has the upgrade and take a cruise later in the year?  Do we lose the amount of money Celebrity charged our credit card for the upgrade bid?  Do we get it refunded? Or is it applied to the next cruise along with what we initially paid for our original cabin?  My concern is that if we cannot make this cruise, we would lose the amount we paid for the upgrade?  I currently had an open bid on a Celebrity sailing in February...

9 hours ago, somogirl said:

If your bid is accepted and card is charged will you get a refund if the cruise is cancelled with CWC? 

Unless the cruise is cancelled by Celebrity, it is my understanding that you get a FCC.  The same as your regular cruise fare.  If Celebrity cancels the cruise or you are unable to cruise due to a positive Covid test, you will receive a refund to the original form of your payment.

Good Evening Lynda,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, this is incorrect information and the money is not created as an FCC. I do apologize as a lot of things are put on Cruise Critic, but that is not how our MoveUp policy is actioned. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

this is the reply when I asked the question re if I cancelled my cruise what happens to the move up bid money. You basically loose it, it’s not refundable. I finished up cancelling my bid. You get it back if you test positive and cannot sail. I asked the question after I had seen people on cruise critic saying you would get FCC 

Similar situation here.  We are to sail Jan 29 on reflection.  I checked the moveup offer from Veranda to Aqua over the weekend and it had dropped 30% since first receiving the notice in December.  I bid slightly over the minimum on Jan 16.  Mock booking shows about 75 aqua cabins unassigned, and more than unassigned 100 verandas.  My bid went to "pending" yesterday with no ability to modify or cancel.  Hoping that means we won the bid, but I have not been billed on my credit card yet.  Our traveling companions did the same bid and they, too, are in pending with no ability to modify or cancel.  I wonder how long it takes them to charge the card and then how long to see our new cabin assignment?  I keep telling myself that I will be happy with the veranda we booked, but I'd love to win the bid, too!

1 hour ago, Loobyloo11 said:

Good Evening Lynda,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, this is incorrect information and the money is not created as an FCC. I do apologize as a lot of things are put on Cruise Critic, but that is not how our MoveUp policy is actioned. I do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

this is the reply when I asked the question re if I cancelled my cruise what happens to the move up bid money. You basically loose it, it’s not refundable. I finished up cancelling my bid. You get it back if you test positive and cannot sail. I asked the question after I had seen people on cruise critic saying you would get FCC 

Interesting.  We have cancelled under CWC and gotten our Move Up $$ refunded back to our credit card along with shore excursions and beverage upgrades.  

So I’m totally confused — if we can’t go because we test positive on the required two day before test do we get either our money back or FCC?  I currently have a move up bid in for a January 30 cruise but can still cancel it if I might lose the money.

18 hours ago, Loobyloo11 said:

Good Evening Lynda,

We cancelled our Move up and got a full refund to our credit card.  We did not have special insurance.  We did book almost 2 years ago.

We put in a Move-up bid for our upcoming Reflection cruise to a higher level suite. I decided to email Celebrity Move-up department directly for clarification. We have since cancelled said bid after I received the following today (deleted name of person from Celebrity, otherwise email is word for word):

Good Afternoon Sharon,

Thank you for your email. If the passenger cancels under the Cruise with Confidence policy 48 hours prior to sailing the MoveUp money is not refunded nor included in the FCC amounts. In this case it would be treated like Travel Protection and is a total loss. In the event that a guest tests positive within 14 days to sailing, if they send us the positive test results, we would process a full refund of their MoveUp money back to their credit card. If the passagener tests positive onboard the ship and would be under quarantine, yes they would be compensated a pro-rate cruise fare including the MoveUp payment. I hope this provides some clarity. Please let me know if I can further assist.

Best Regards,

Celebrity Moveup Team
Trade Sales & Support | Celebrity Cruises

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:58 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Interesting.  We have cancelled under CWC and gotten our Move Up $$ refunded back to our credit card along with shore excursions and beverage upgrades.  

Did you book with a Travel agent or directly through Celebrity? Seems inconsistent, but sure glad you were able to recover the Move up funds paid. We aren't willing to take the chance.

This was my question to my TA, booked through Vacations To Go.-

“If I bid on an upgrade and it’s accepted what if I have to cancel, will I lose the     money for the upgrade”

His response-

“No, any upgrade cost is considered cruise fare. Still qualifies for Cruise with Confidence and standard Celebrity cancellation/refund policy.”

On 1/19/2022 at 6:56 AM, Mark said:

I believe  you would be refunded.    

I was upgraded on a cruise the day the cruise industry came to a screeching halt.   I received a refund back to my CC for the upgrade and deposit and an a 125% FCC for the remainder.  Different in that Celebrity cancelled but I would think it would work the same under Cruise with Confidence.

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, somogirl said:

This was my question to my TA, booked through Vacations To Go.-

“If I bid on an upgrade and it’s accepted what if I have to cancel, will I lose the     money for the upgrade”

His response-

“No, any upgrade cost is considered cruise fare. Still qualifies for Cruise with Confidence and standard Celebrity cancellation/refund policy.”

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe  you would be refunded.    

I was upgraded on a cruise the day the cruise industry came to a screeching halt.   I received a refund back to my CC for the upgrade and deposit and an a 125% FCC for the remainder.  Different in that Celebrity cancelled but I would think it would work the same under Cruise with Confidence.

Well, I'm just sharing what I received via email from Celebrity. We also presumed (according to Celebrity, incorrectly) that monies paid for a Move-up bid would become part of cruise fare paid. At any rate, we're not interested in losing a few thousand dollars for a roll of the dice. We're perfectly happy in our current suite.

@Jim_lain The terms and conditions of previous cancellations when Covid halted the cruise industry are apparently quite different than the current Cruise with Confidence conditions. We thought a Move-up would be covered. Nope, nor is payment for Cruise Care (ie Travel protection.) It's curtains, evaporates, ceases to exist (cultural reference to "Hocus Pocus.") 

Going on Silhouette for the Feb 14 sailing.  I had bid on the Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite and Sunset Suite.

The Celebrity Suite and Sunset Suite are already showing expired.  The Sky Suite is showing Pending, and it won't let me adjust or cancel my bid, and we are still 23 days out.  

Seems odd - but as of yesterday there were a number of Sky suites available.  Curious - there was one Celebrity and one Royal suite available yesterday.  Haven't checked today.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 10:10 PM, Algebralovr said:

Going on Silhouette for the Feb 14 sailing.  I had bid on the Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite and Sunset Suite.

The Celebrity Suite and Sunset Suite are already showing expired.  The Sky Suite is showing Pending, and it won't let me adjust or cancel my bid, and we are still 23 days out.  

Seems odd - but as of yesterday there were a number of Sky suites available.  Curious - there was one Celebrity and one Royal suite available yesterday.  Haven't checked today.

Did you win the bid? I am 27 days out we bid on a sky suite & celebrity suite. Sky suite shows pending and I can modify or cancel. Celebrity suite shows pending can not modify. Hoping this means our bid is accepted. 🤞🤞

On 1/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, DogLover said:

Well, I'm just sharing what I received via email from Celebrity. We also presumed (according to Celebrity, incorrectly) that monies paid for a Move-up bid would become part of cruise fare paid. At any rate, we're not interested in losing a few thousand dollars for a roll of the dice. We're perfectly happy in our current suite.

@Jim_lain The terms and conditions of previous cancellations when Covid halted the cruise industry are apparently quite different than the current Cruise with Confidence conditions. We thought a Move-up would be covered. Nope, nor is payment for Cruise Care (ie Travel protection.) It's curtains, evaporates, ceases to exist (cultural reference to "Hocus Pocus.") 

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having.   I may have given Celebrity a little help with refunding my Upgade.    I filed a dispute with my Credit Card and Celebrity accepted the charge back

Luckily I was able to apply all of mine to cruises that will be sailing  in April and August.   I'm happy to not have to track them any longer.

There have been so many different terms and deadlines I don't know how anyone has kept up with them.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear of the troubles you are having.   I may have given Celebrity a little help with refunding my Upgade.    I filed a dispute with my Credit Card and Celebrity accepted the charge back

Luckily I was able to apply all of mine to cruises that will be sailing  in April and August.   I'm happy to not have to track them any longer.

There have been so many different terms and deadlines I don't know how anyone has kept up with them.

Thanks, but we aren't having any troubles because we declined doing a Move-up this go around. We'll be very happy sailing in a Signature Suite (in about two weeks) since we've not been on the Reflection before 🙂

11 hours ago, kidless said:

Did you win the bid? I am 27 days out we bid on a sky suite & celebrity suite. Sky suite shows pending and I can modify or cancel. Celebrity suite shows pending can not modify. Hoping this means our bid is accepted. 🤞🤞

Neither bid shows expired?