Notification of Gty Cabin#

rjrpar

2 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Can anyone share their recent experience with the timing of RCCL’s notification of specific cabin numbers on Gty’s?  Also, will they contact us directly or go thru our TA?

I'm not sure how it might be working recently but in the past you could find out any time. You might find out right when you book or you may have to wait until you're at the pir checking in. If the booking is through a TA, RCI will notify the TA. You can also check your reservation on line to see if a cabin has been assigned.

1 hour ago, JuliaMS said:

For our Dec 16 cruise we got on e-mail 12/8 for GTY being assigned with a PDF attached, the PDF had the cabin info. A few hours later got e-mail our Royal Up was accepted and a new PDF with new cabin info.

Thanks

4 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Also, will they contact us directly or go thru our TA?

It is very unlikely anyone gets notified of a GTY assignment. Assuming you are already checked in for Anthem, try to decode your SetSail pass barcode - the digits past the dash (if there, instead of GTY) is your cabin.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It is very unlikely anyone gets notified of a GTY assignment. Assuming you are already checked in for Anthem, try to decode your SetSail pass barcode - the digits past the dash (if there, instead of GTY) is your cabin.

That's what I heard. I have js gty and when I scan the barcode it shows a family ov suite, which I will not be happy about.  Cabin 1054 on Jewel does not have a balcony nor does the master bedroom have windows.  Yes it has full suite benefits but not what I expected.  Ta says cabin has not been assigned yet so she can't ask that it be changed.  Not sailing until 1/9 so still time.  Any Thoughts? 

Actually now confirmed in 1054.  I've emailed ta.

Edited by njkruzer

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

That's what I heard. I have js gty and when I scan the barcode it shows a family ov suite, which I will not be happy about.  Cabin 1054 on Jewel does not have a balcony nor does the master bedroom have windows.  Yes it has full suite benefits but not what I expected.  Ta says cabin has not been assigned yet so she can't ask that it be changed.  Not sailing until 1/9 so still time.  Any Thoughts? 

Pardon my ignorance as I am a Royal Caribbean newbie, but isn’t that the risk with GTY rooms? You literally can get any room that is within that category and in any location of the ship, but that is in exchange for whatever pricing benefit that was applicable when you booked? What would be the recourse?

Edited by BazingAu

9 minutes ago, BazingAu said:

Pardon my ignorance as I am a Royal Caribbean newbie, but isn’t that the risk with GTY rooms? You literally can get any room that is within that category and in any location of the ship, but that is in exchange for whatever pricing benefit that was applicable when you booked? What would be the recourse?

Yes but this isn't in the same category.  Yes it has more benefits to compensate for the things that are missing.  What's interesting is that this is a cabin for 6 people and we're only 2!  Not sure why they would give it to us.

4 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Cabin #1054 used to be the CL on the Radiance class. Some of our extended family has this cabin booked for Alaska 2022. Yes, true it doesn't have a balcony but it's huge with 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms. This is definitely an upgrade from just a JS. I'm sure you'll have no problem changing to a JS as someone would definitely want this suite.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm sure you'll have no problem changing to a JS as someone would definitely want this suite.

I definitely would not assume that - the default answer from RCI will be you can't move to a different category, even down.

Edited by Biker19

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Cabin #1054 used to be the CL on the Radiance class. Some of our extended family has this cabin booked for Alaska 2022. Yes, true it doesn't have a balcony but it's huge with 2 bedrooms and two bathrooms. This is definitely an upgrade from just a JS. I'm sure you'll have no problem changing to a JS as someone would definitely want this suite.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I definitely would not assume that - the default answer from RCI will be you can't move to a different category, even down.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Hope you have a TA with some pull, cause the default answer will be you can't move, even down.

Ta got us moved to a JS this am. Got 1596.  I remember when it was a CL.   Dh would have stayed in 1054 but I knew I'd miss the balcony.  Plus the bedroom has no window so to me it would feel closed in. Doing a js gty was the only option when we booked if we wanted to do a cabin with double/double pts cabin. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Hmmm....Looks like the poster "was" able to change this cabin after all. So you never know...never hurts to try :classic_wink: