Be careful with TV remote

Dee_Jay

We were recently on the Majestic Princess in a mini-suite, so 2 televisions in the room.  One remote worked fine, the second remote would affect both tv's.  While scrolling through selections on one tv, we weren't paying attention to the second tv.  There was a knock on the door, and I opened it to a room service waiter with a cheese tray that apparently had been ordered on the 2nd tv.  Had to go to the customer service desk to get the $4 charge removed from the bill.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, so if you have a similar problem with the remote affecting both tv's, you know to turn off the second tv.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, san diego sue said:

One of our remotes on the Majestic (mini suite) was operating both TV's. and both came on when you turned one on. Room Steward called someone to fix it. He did something, and the remotes only were able to operate one TV and weren't interchangeable.

We had that issue when we were in a mini, but didn't care because we both watch the same shows, so only used one TV.

The cheese plate was delivered after dinner, so we weren't hungry.  We told the guy to take it away.  It wasn't until later that I was checking our account and saw that we were charged $4 (I didn't know that there was a charge for some room service items).  When I went to Guest Services to remove the charge, the first thing they asked was "Did you accept the plate?"  When I told them "No", they agreed to refund the charge.

The remote didn't always affect both TVs, so as we were scrolling and selecting menus on one TV, the other TV was selecting different menus.  That's how it managed to order room service without us knowing.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:16 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

We will be in an interior our next cruise so I guess I don’t have to worry, lol. Thanks for sharing that though!

Unless your neighbors remote operates your tv   🤣

• Haha 4

On 12/12/2021 at 4:22 PM, Dee_Jay said:

We were recently on the Majestic Princess in a mini-suite, so 2 televisions in the room.  One remote worked fine, the second remote would affect both tv's.  While scrolling through selections on one tv, we weren't paying attention to the second tv.  There was a knock on the door, and I opened it to a room service waiter with a cheese tray that apparently had been ordered on the 2nd tv.  Had to go to the customer service desk to get the $4 charge removed from the bill.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, so if you have a similar problem with the remote affecting both tv's, you know to turn off the second 

We are on the Majestic now and moved from an interior to a Mini Suite.  We are having the same problem with both remotes.  I have a severe dairy allergy so I am happy to report that we did not order any cheese, LOL. 

• Like 1