Princess has second type of at-home test available on their site

jwattle

Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in 3 business days or less. These at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order about two weeks prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit online^.

Radeas offers an at-home antigen test kit ($45 each), which can be ordered and shipped to your door for free in 5-7 business days. The kit includes a telemedicine consultation. Orders can be shipped within one month of your cruise date. Order your Radeas test kit online^.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Optum offers an at-home antigen test kit ($69.99 for two), which can be ordered and shipped to your door in 3 business days or less. These at-home tests include a personal virtually video-supervised visit with an eMed Certified Guide through telehealth services. These guides will help you properly administer the test and verify the results, within 15 minutes. The lab result report is delivered via email and can be printed or displayed on your mobile device during check-in. Please place your order about two weeks prior to your boarding. Order your Optum test kit online^.

Radeas offers an at-home antigen test kit ($45 each), which can be ordered and shipped to your door for free in 5-7 business days. The kit includes a telemedicine consultation. Orders can be shipped within one month of your cruise date. Order your Radeas test kit online^.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

What am I missing here?  Why pay $90 instead of $70?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

What am I missing here?  Why pay $90 instead of $70?

Three reasons I can quickly think of:

1) Radeas might be available and Optum might not be,

2) Radeas promises to ship unexpired tests no more than one month before the selected cruise date,

3) If you're a solo cruiser who lives on the edge and only needs one test, then $45 < $70

• Like 1

1) If Optum produces unexpired tests, then go with Optum

2) Optum had a large number of tests that had bottles of empty solution (invalidated test)

3) I am just the messenger letting you know this was info; Princess isn't charging you; Radeas is...

Cheers my friends, cruise happy, cruise healthy, cruise on! 🥂

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Optum sent me tests with expiration dates of 19 September 2021 when I didn't even order the kits until 30 October 2021.  I understand that the FDA/CDC (one of those alphabet agencies) granted them a 3-month extension on the expiration dates but even so, doesn't sit well with me to send something that expired before it was even ordered.  To be fair though when I called Optum and complained they did refund my money and advised me to re-order the kits closer to our cruise date which I am, just not from Optum this time.🤔

• Thanks 1

Hubby and I just did the Optum BinaxNOW  test yesterday.  Quick and easy and received the official Negative report within 5 minutes.  Next time (if testing is still required), I want to try the BEEPERMD.COM test where they come to your home, results within 15 minutes and it's free!  Anyone here try it yet?

For anyone considering the BinaxNow home test and concerned about the expiration date issue (expired kits with the date extended only until early February):  even though there is still a caveat on the Optum website saying that you may receive kits that expire then, we

JUST RECEIVED A NEWLY MANUFACTURED 3 PACK TEST KIT!

Ordered through the Optum store link on the Princess Health Protocols page on December 15th.

Delivered on December 17th.

Manufacture Date:  2021-12-03.

Expiration Date: 2022-10-13.

I hope this is a sign that the 'expired' tests inventory is now empty.

We had ordered them in case we can't get a free test at Walgreens or CVS on New Years Eve or New Years Day for our January 2 Caribbean Princess cruise realizing if I was successful I was blowing $99 (3 pack price) on the BinaxNow that would expire a month later.  Now we have a backup for 2 more future cruises booked for March and July 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, capriccio said:

For anyone considering the BinaxNow home test and concerned about the expiration date issue (expired kits with the date extended only until early February):  even though there is still a caveat on the Optum website saying that you may receive kits that expire then, we

JUST RECEIVED A NEWLY MANUFACTURED 3 PACK TEST KIT!

Ordered through the Optum store link on the Princess Health Protocols page on December 15th.

Delivered on December 17th.

Manufacture Date:  2021-12-03.

Expiration Date: 2022-10-13.

I hope this is a sign that the 'expired' tests inventory is now empty.

We had ordered them in case we can't get a free test at Walgreens or CVS on New Years Eve or New Years Day for our January 2 Caribbean Princess cruise realizing if I was successful I was blowing $99 (3 pack price) on the BinaxNow that would expire a month later.  Now we have a backup for 2 more future cruises booked for March and July 2022.

I just ordered a two pack, just in case my scheduled test doesn't have results fast enough. I'll report back what dates I see on mine too.

I'll be very happy to see that newer tests are finally shipping out.

21 hours ago, ChangeOrder said:

I just received my two BinaxNow tests. As @capriccio mentioned, mine are also newly manufactured on 12/9/2021 and expire in November 2022!

That's good news.  We both had a BinaxNow test done just before Thanksgiving and the expiration date was Feb 8th and our cruise is at the end of Feb.  I am glad I did not order more of them.

• Like 1