Princess Solo Rate

trbarton

19 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’ve been reading about a new solo rate with Princess. For anyone that has received this rate did you book through Princess or with a TA?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Doesn't matter.  If Princess is offering the rate, TA's have access to it as well.  Some will give additional discounts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, Princess is offering some last minute solo rates.  I don't think this is a new rate category that you can count on being available on all voyages in the future.  

Commonly their last minute fares, aka "Drop n Go" may not have a single supplement.

• Like 1

I'll second that about TA's - I might be biased being a part time/home based one that only books trips for friends and family.  A good TA can do a lot of "changes" to your voyage (room change, refare, category change, promo change etc) without having to call princess.  Since I know all my clients, when they call I know exactly which bookings they have questions on and my hold music is way better - in that I have none 🙂.

One thing i offer to my clients is to call the cruise line for them if I can't answer their question, and then call them back when I have an answer.  If you work with the big box TA's you will frequently be put on a simultaneous hold.

• Like 2

I booked with Princess yesterday to snag a low, low price for a balcony.    Then I emailed my agent of 33 years to see if she was still in business.    She got me a $100 plus on board credit and was able to take over my booking and get insurance for the trip.    My agent has always come in handy, but especially so when I fell at the airport in Grand Rapids, MI breaking my hip on the way to a meet-up with a friend at Newark to fly to a Venice to Barcelona cruise.    From the airport floor I had my California agent on the line who was quickly able to cancel the cruise and change the hotel into my friend's name.    I highly recommend a good agent and trip insurance.

• Like 4