The Free Upgrade Event new promo

KAKcruiser

5 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

If you booked under the Black Friday sale, you might want to check these out.  Way better deals here - I'm about to call my TA to get this offer.

You are correct. I saved almost $1,000 on our cruise for next November calling HAL this morning and rebooking. 

2 hours ago, jan_az said:

OK  Silly me cannot figure out how the free upgrade works - do I simply choose the next lower level cabin ?

I'm seeing zero benefit on this "sale".  Maybe if you booked long ago the prices likely went down.  I just booked my cruise maybe 3 weeks ago.  The price is higher now.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm seeing zero benefit on this "sale".  Maybe if you booked long ago the prices likely went down.  I just booked my cruise maybe 3 weeks ago.  The price is higher now.

I just called .  Because I already have a cabin assigned it would go by that class and cost me $200 pp more

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Uggggg.  Like most "sales" I see on Hal I will not benefit.  It's too bad you won't either.

Ours would be $430 more pp...disappointing but we could keep the Black Friday free gratuities and gain another $75 pp OBC...not sure paying a total of $860 additional is worth it...happy some are coming out ahead.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, recruiter 28 said:

Ours would be $430 more pp...disappointing but we could keep the Black Friday free gratuities and gain another $75 pp OBC...not sure paying a total of $860 additional is worth it...happy some are coming out ahead.

We just looked at this new sale . when we rebooked our Hawaii cruise on the black Friday Sale we saved the $540  which we were going to spend to upgrade  using the  Club Orange ,our TA also saved us $160 in the pricing difference & we got the ppd gratuities included .When we figured the differences we saved $1219 on our 18 night sailing & we went from a VH handicap obstructed to deck 8   handicap unobstructed . These other perks  on sale right now do not include the ppd gratuities  .Since we have been to Hawaii numerous times , the tours ,cocktails & wifi is not worth changing  . We have on board credits which we can use for the occasional glass of wine  or soft drink  & I need a rest from the internet any way 

My fare was reduced $940 for a 7-night Southern Caribbean cruise, 4 people in one verandah room.  I didn't have time to argue it, but I did lose the shore excursions, the specialty dining, and the drink package for guests 3 and 4.  I still come out ahead. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:19 PM, PACD_JG said:

If you booked under the Black Friday sale, you might want to check these out.  Way better deals here - I'm about to call my TA to get this offer.

I did this today. Booked the Rotterdam on black Friday with a guarantee verandah cabin. They assigned us category VF, which is terrible. I called today, got an upgrade to VB, with the have it all perks, for less money. Very happy!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 5:33 PM, recruiter 28 said:

My March 2023 cruise to the Caribbean would be approx $1,500!!!! more (going solo).  I'll keep my Black Friday booking.

On Monday (13 December) I booked a 28 night Japan cruise leaving Tokyo on 13 March 2023. Tuesday evening I received an email from HAL (U.K.) announcing a sale, $200 OBC and free cabin upgrade. The cabin I booked would have been £1,040.00 cheaper, thanks HAL. I telephoned my TA in the morning and asked them to see what they could do. Around 5pm my TA called back and said that HAL had agreed to apply the sale price, including the OBC.  I was amazed, this does not usually happen in the U.K.

I am not a regular cruiser with HAL, the only experience I have with them is a 7 night Alaska cruise 20 years ago. The only reason I choose them this time is the itinerary which was much better than with Princess, NCL, RCL or Celebrity.

• Like 2

Great if any one can benefit from this new sale .Apparently  all the cruise lines are adding sales due to the lowest passenger rate of cruising in many years   .There are 222 cruise ships in service  & this virus has hit this industry even harder than the airlines  

7 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I've done mock bookings on the Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdm, and Nieuw Amsterdam for the Carib bean, and haven't found anything resembling a sale. Itinerary for itinerary, all the ships were the same price, which made no sense.

I think it is all about the added perks and the upgraded cabin.  I am waiting on my TA to let me know if I will have any changes.  The HAL phones were jammed today, I don’t know if that was caused by demand or technical issues.  

50 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I think it is all about the added perks and the upgraded cabin.  I am waiting on my TA to let me know if I will have any changes.  The HAL phones were jammed today, I don’t know if that was caused by demand or technical issues.  

Maybe they have the same people working on the phones as their website 😛😏.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

I've done mock bookings on the Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdm, and Nieuw Amsterdam for the Carib bean, and haven't found anything resembling a sale. Itinerary for itinerary, all the ships were the same price, which made no sense.

I think someone said it doesn’t cover the Caribbean.  I don’t find Hal’s “sales”  to be worthy of the word sales. 

Edited by Florida_gal_50

This thread led me to ask our PCC if we qualified for a price reduction on our March, 2023 11-day Caribbean sailing. PCC checked and we got a $1,200 reduction.  Kept our cabin and all the perks.  So, many thanks to the OP for posting.

• Like 3

Be aware of Flights to Vancouver if you book Alaska.  Our flights got changed and are not compatible with our cruise in July.  I had booked them independently.  I have been trying to rebook using HAL but am unable to do so.  Air Canada changed our non-syop flights of 4 hours to flights with overnight stop!!!! LOL!   I hope this can be sorted out soon.  I am in charge of booking arrangements for 8 of us and this is driving me crazy!!