Planning for worst case scenario - FAO Molecrochip

Cathygh

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Latest info on fb is that there are only about 750 passengers booked on the Xmas cruise, so it will be quiet, but you should get very pampered.

Nobody will be going to France, or it's territories any time soon. Get your smelly French cheese in soon as it's not clear about transport.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Latest info on fb is that there are only about 750 passengers booked on the Xmas cruise, so it will be quiet, but you should get very pampered.

Best chance ever to win a quiz or bingo!!

Plus no need to get up early for a sunbed!!

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Excellent, no need to worry about table sharing then!  We feel like brave explorers in a new world ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PEMCO007 said:

Enjoy and stay safe! We are going Friday and still feeling uneasy, however I do appreciate you putting my mind at ease by asking the questions we wanted answering earlier on. x

Have a great time and stay safe.  We might be the last for a while so enjoy every second, we plan to!

• Like 1

We are meant to join Azura on Christmas Day. All of us will have had our booster, so that is slightly more reassuring. Really wish P&O had a better cancellation policy like RCI/X. We have no choice but to go or loose £10k. 

The news is worrying, but as many have said, being on a cruise with double vax, double tested people is probably the safest place to be over Christmas. 

Whatever happens, I just want P&O to keep us informed!!

5 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

We are meant to join Azura on Christmas Day. All of us will have had our booster, so that is slightly more reassuring. Really wish P&O had a better cancellation policy like RCI/X. We have no choice but to go or loose £10k. 

The news is worrying, but as many have said, being on a cruise with double vax, double tested people is probably the safest place to be over Christmas. 

For the past week I've had numerous emails, tests and phone calls from P&O.  I think they are treating it as business as usual until told to do otherwise.  Reading the French Prime Minister's statement their ban is based on our statements in UK that we are awash with Omicrom and the fact the press conferences make it sound like we are about to have dead and dying people lying in the streets.  

A swift look at cruise ship positions in the Caribbean show a large number of other cruise ships sailing quite safely with no problems.  They've come from somewhere and are going on their way about their business.  We need to stay calm and not paint ourselves into a scenario of the UK being seen as the centre of a crisis which isn't here.  Let's not over think the situation at the moment.

Enjoy yourselves and have a great Christmas.

• Like 3

The French announcement mean no cruising to French ports and if Spain and Portugal follow the Canaries cruises will surely have to be cancelled. As I have the same Canaries cruise booked for January 2023 I would be seeking a full refund.

Keep all your appendages crossed 😬

It does look like events could overtake my concern in my original query.  The figures in France are high but the Omicron cases are a small percentage (I did have the exact figure but now can't find it) compared to ours -c 10,000 yesterday. It's probably a bit late to ban UK tourists as Omicron is already in France and it looks like it will spread among their population as much as it has here.

6 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

It does look like events could overtake my concern in my original query.  The figures in France are high but the Omicron cases are a small percentage (I did have the exact figure but now can't find it) compared to ours -c 10,000 yesterday. It's probably a bit late to ban UK tourists as Omicron is already in France and it looks like it will spread among their population as much as it has here.

Yes exactly.  Whatever is done is nearly always too late.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The French announcement mean no cruising to French ports and if Spain and Portugal follow the Canaries cruises will surely have to be cancelled. As I have the same Canaries cruise booked for January 2023 I would be seeking a full refund.

Keep all your appendages crossed 😬

You are allowed in France without quarantine if transiting within a 24hr period.I imagine a cruise stop for a day would be OK.

2 hours ago, Glitterati said:

I believe if you contact P&O you can still move your cruise if you are unsure about going. I spoke to them today and was told you can move your cruise to any cruise currently being sold even if you have paid your balance. I was told that this option is available from 5th Dec until the end of January for anyone who has paid their balance.

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't agree.  i don't think they will allow a cruise ship with up to 5000 pax to disembark.  (or perhaps 750 pax)!

I don't know but 750 getting off fully vaxed and tested in 1 area is probably better than a Chunnel train full of cars disembarking and driving all over France on the promise that they will exit the country within 24hrs.I've done this a few times in various stages of lockdown and it is a lot harder to police.

30 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

I believe if you contact P&O you can still move your cruise if you are unsure about going. I spoke to them today and was told you can move your cruise to any cruise currently being sold even if you have paid your balance. I was told that this option is available from 5th Dec until the end of January for anyone who has paid their balance.

I thought this was for passengers sailing to Spanish/Portuguese ports? To be fair, it’s a bit late now anyway. We have hotels, car park, tests booked, dollars bought etc. I wonder why they are not advertising the fact you can move the cruises. 

Next years “Christmas cruise” doesn’t cover both Christmas and NYE so we wouldn’t move it to that. 

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I don't know but 750 getting off fully vaxed and tested in 1 area is probably better than a Chunnel train full of cars disembarking and driving all over France on the promise that they will exit the country within 24hrs.I've done this a few times in various stages of lockdown and it is a lot harder to police.

If you read what France has said.  From Saturday you must have a compelling reason to enter the country, ie family member seriously ill or similar.  Nobody else.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59679861

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Nobody will be going to France, or it's territories any time soon. Get your smelly French cheese in soon as it's not clear about transport.

Smelly French cheese - an additional test to be used in conjunction with LF and PCR test 😁

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

As I understand the new French regulations, you can only transit through France if you are travelling by air, and remain airside. 

Driving through France to reach your house in Italy will not be allowed .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

If you read what France has said.  From Saturday you must have a compelling reason to enter the country, ie family member seriously ill or similar.  Nobody else.  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59679861

Fair enough,I concede but I think it will calm down a bit sooner than later.The maddest thing is lorry drivers can do what they want without any tests.

• Like 2