Back to Back Cruising

Momma Rene

18 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

I am thinking of booking a back to back cruise.  I am wondering how it works on the ship when you need to change cabins in terms of packing, luggage, customs, etc.  Thanks!

You will also receive a detailed letter in your stateroom prior to TAD outlining what, where and when. 

Real simple and they will let you know.   All you need to do is pack up things in drawers and bathroom.    The room attendant wail move all the hanging items.     The stateroom attendant will also advise you when the new room occupants leaves their room and you can  move items from safe and things like computers to the new room.  

You will then meet other B2B's in a specified location and once the ship is Zeroed out of non-B2B they take you clear immigration as a group and then 20-30 minutes back on to your private yacht for the next couple hours until General Boarding begins. 

Logistics when disembarking from one Celebrity ship and embarking on another on the same day in the same port 

We are considering cruising on the Reflection in a Sky Suite 2/5/22-2/12/21 from Ft Lauderdale and then moving to a Sky Suite on the Apex in Ft Lauderdale for 2/12/21-2/19/21. 

• How would we get the luggage transferred to the new ship?
  • How long/where do we wait to embark on the new ship if there is a large gap between disembarking and embarking? 
  • Is there assistance from Celebrity if the ships are not docked next to one another?
  • Will the Reflection give us a covid test to board the Apex---or is that required?
  • Is there any way to make packing for transfer easier? I hate to pack everything back into suitcases.
  • What else do we need to consider?

Thank you!

Diana

We are very interested in response to the OP questions because we are currently booked to make this same move between these two ships on the same dates.  We are traveling with another couple making the same move.  We did find out from X that we can be tested (Covid) along with those of the Reflection doing a back to back.  That was a relief because we really did not want to chase down a Covid Test in Fort Lauder dale on transfer day. 

2 hours ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Logistics when disembarking from one Celebrity ship and embarking on another on the same day in the same port 

We are considering cruising on the Reflection in a Sky Suite 2/5/22-2/12/21 from Ft Lauderdale and then moving to a Sky Suite on the Apex in Ft Lauderdale for 2/12/21-2/19/21. 

• How would we get the luggage transferred to the new ship?
  • How long/where do we wait to embark on the new ship if there is a large gap between disembarking and embarking? 
  • Is there assistance from Celebrity if the ships are not docked next to one another?
  • Will the Reflection give us a covid test to board the Apex---or is that required?
  • Is there any way to make packing for transfer easier? I hate to pack everything back into suitcases.
  • What else do we need to consider?

Thank you!

Diana

I’ll answer what I can: 

since you would be in a Suite on the 1st cruise you can hang out in the Retreat Lounge until about 9:15 then you will have to leave as the zero out the passenger count.  
I don’t believe the cruise line will transport you or your luggage.  So you can exit at 9:15 get your luggage and then get a Uber or taxi to the terminal for the Apex.  If you are in a Suite you can board when you want.  So if the terminal opens at 10:30 or 11:00 you can board as soon as it opens.  

Currently Celebrity is providing testing for passengers moving between their ships so if you tell the Retreat Conceigre that you need to be tested and they will arrange that for you.  

I don’t of any way to avoid packing everything when you move between ship.

We have 2 cruises coming up on different ships and we will have to pack everything, just like we did before we headed to FL.  BTW, we are on the 2/5 Reflection sailing.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I’ll answer what I can: 

since you would be in a Suite on the 1st cruise you can hang out in the Retreat Lounge until about 9:15 then you will have to leave as the zero out the passenger count.  
I don’t believe the cruise line will transport you or your luggage.  So you can exit at 9:15 get your luggage and then get a Uber or taxi to the terminal for the Apex.  If you are in a Suite you can board when you want.  So if the terminal opens at 10:30 or 11:00 you can board as soon as it opens.  

Currently Celebrity is providing testing for passengers moving between their ships so if you tell the Retreat Conceigre that you need to be tested and they will arrange that for you.  

I don’t of any way to avoid packing everything when you move between ship.

We have 2 cruises coming up on different ships and we will have to pack everything, just like we did before we headed to FL.  BTW, we are on the 2/5 Reflection sailing.

Thank you jelayne and SHIP TRAVELER for answering my question. That was helpful. 

We are currently on a cruise to Hawaii on 2/5, but have a strong suspicion that Hawaii will be cancelled for February. So, we are searching for backup cruises.