Web Check In

Southern latitudes

I'm sailing on the Seashore mid-January but was able to enter my passport and cc info in the web check-in section a couple months ago, so that shouldn't be dependent on being within the 20 day limit. You might want to try entering that info via the MSC app rather than website.  Sometimes when the web site is having issues the app is ok, and vice versa.

I am having the same issue with registering the credit card and the website saving the passport dates. I called customer service and they said to just register the credit card at the kiosk once I am on board and that they would update the passport information at check-in. Ironically, the app and website both show that my check-in has been completed.

Edited by JT1962

Here is my update, now 20 days out. 

Logged in to MSC and went back to Web Check-in. Had to put passport expiration dates in again for both me and hubby then selected next which took me to the credit card page, again. Put in all info and came back not successful again. This is at least the 5th time I have done all of this in the past 2 weeks.

Called MSC and only had to wait about 5 min. Explained my issue and she then had to input my passport dates again. Told me to just do credit card onboard. I told her it would not provide me with my boarding documents online so she manually sent them to me (she said). that was hours ago and I still have not received the boarding documents. 

I am guessing I will just have to take my cruise confirmation # to the check in at the port?

2 hours ago, alwysonvctn said:

The credit card field never works; just do it at the onboard kiosk after boarding.

As for the paperwork, go through all the required fields on the website again and make sure everything is there. Skip the credit card portion. Hopefully that will generate the email that has your embarkation forms and bar codes included.

Interestingly, I'm not even within 20 days of my cruise in mid-January yet I received an email with all the paperwork attached.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH

1 hour ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Strangely for our cruise in Nov it all worked smoothly. I have gone over all of the info on many occasions and even called to have it done by an MSC agent. It simply will not work for our booking. The Etickets have not been emailed even after the agent says she sent them. 

Same issues here with the Passport info and credit card. Sailing on Meraviglia January 9th. I was told pretty much the same thing. Working on the issue. Put your CC info in at one of the Kiosks on the ship. Was also told to wait until inside the 20 day mark, call and the rep will enter in all missing passport info and then email all cruise docs. At least they are giving us a consistent answer. My friend that is traveling with me in another cabin already got her docs at 30 days out. Both of us are in Yacht Club so it seems to be random.

7 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Same issues here with the Passport info and credit card. Sailing on Meraviglia January 9th. I was told pretty much the same thing. Working on the issue. Put your CC info in at one of the Kiosks on the ship. Was also told to wait until inside the 20 day mark, call and the rep will enter in all missing passport info and then email all cruise docs. At least they are giving us a consistent answer. My friend that is traveling with me in another cabin already got her docs at 30 days out. Both of us are in Yacht Club so it seems to be random.

We’re sailing Jan 8 (21 days away)

This  morning when I signed into MSC I went to web check in and of course the “date of issue” “expiration date” had disappeared from our passport  info again despite me putting it in at least a half dozen times in the last few weeks. 
So I filled it in yet again and hit “next” then the option to “email docs” appeared

I clicked on that and finally received my docs with all of the correct info. 

I would try correcting your info and immediately hit the option to email your docs. 

I didn’t bother with the credit card or the security picture this time because when I did it for our cruise on Divina last month they had us take another picture at check in and use the kiosk to register our cc on board the ship. 

I didn’t need to do those two steps to print my docs today. 

I was having the same problem.  So ( just for **** and giggles) tried on the MSC ap.  ANd it took it.  3 hours later it's still showing on the ap ( passport data, etc).  Still not showing online tho. But at least it's there-SOMEWHERE...

baf

• Like 1

We are on the Divina so the app is not an option. Has anyone ever shown up to port without the Eticket and QR code? Is there somewhere to check in at the port? I have already spent way too much time on their site filling in and re-filling in the information. 

I have been following this and I am having the exact problems. Just tried check in online again and no luck taking CC. Goes to last step and fails. I called customer service last week about it and I also did not get a very keen person. She could not do it either and said it must be on there end. Informed me not to worry and just scan card when i get onboard. That might be my option too. 

On 12/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, Southern latitudes said:

I am 17 days out from (hopefully) sailing on Meraviglia.  I am unable to complete the web check in.  It won't take my credit and it won't save my passport information.  Should I be worried?  

Southern latitudes, have you been able to print your documents? If you have, what was the issue and how did you get it resolved? 

I had the same issue for my February 5th cruise. I got part way through check-in and then could not continue because the system froze. Tried several times to complete check-in, but similar to others, I had to reenter passport and other data over and over without completion. I called MSC. They indicated their system was down which is a frequent occurrence for MSC. The representative indicated I could call 20 days out and they would email a pdf with documents. 

Today, the system was back up and I was able to complete check-in, including credit card information. However, I could not print documents, probably because I'm more than 20 days out. Although this being MSC, there is no rhyme or reason why things work and things don't. All of the above was after MSC switched our room without our consent. We had a handicap room and they switched it to a non-handicap room without notice. After many calls to my T/A and MSC they switched it back. We are in the Yacht Club and have Diamond status, but this made no impression on MSC. 

If this is a foreshadowing of our cruise, we are in trouble. We've sailed MSC several time in both the U.S. and Europe, but the trajectory of service from our first trip on the Divina many years ago to our current trip has been down and sinking fast. This may be our last trip on MSC if the cruise is as chaotic as check-in and reservations. 

16 days out from sailing. Still won't save passport info or city info. Called MSC and got a knowledgeable rep on the other end (finally..lol). She just manually entered all the missing info from her end and emailed me my travel docs. Easy peezy and I'm good to go. Still shows the needed info on the website as not complete but she said I am good, I have my ticket and boarding pass. Even shows all my correct $$$ for my OBC.

• Like 1

I see a phone call to customer service to fix things up for us! I tried to do web check in on my computer and have a crazy glitch in that it will not let me enter our address information, so we cannot proceed beyond the first page of data entry.

So I thought I'd see if I could check in using the app instead. I was able to enter everything, and it even says check in is complete for me and my husband....BUT it won't let me print our e docs. We get an error message to get the docs from our travel agent. That would be fine if we had a travel agent...but we booked direct with MSC. So we will call and hopefully get it all resolved. Our cruise is not until mid-February so we have time. 

Edited by erber

I have two b2b reservations for Jan. I just finished the later one and it went fine. Interesting that I logged on through my husband's account (the only properly working one) and they sent two duplicate emails with my whole confirmation after I finished the web checkin.

BTW- the one part of the address was funky. I discovered there was a drop down choice that gave me the correct city instead of the jibberish that was first presented. Also, even though it doesn't say so, the second name and phone number listed is for the emergency contact. I called about that. Why is there tech department so incompetent? 

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

I have two b2b reservations for Jan. I just finished the later one and it went fine. Interesting that I logged on through my husband's account (the only properly working one) and they sent two duplicate emails with my whole confirmation after I finished the web checkin.

BTW- the one part of the address was funky. I discovered there was a drop down choice that gave me the correct city instead of the jibberish that was first presented. Also, even though it doesn't say so, the second name and phone number listed is for the emergency contact. I called about that. Why is there tech department so incompetent? 

It definitely takes a lot of maneuvering on that website for sure! I finally figured out how to get past the credit card screen also. It would not let me tap on the next button but if you tap on the middle of the page, the button will light up so you can click it and go on.🙄🤦‍♀️

9 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

It definitely takes a lot of maneuvering on that website for sure! I finally figured out how to get past the credit card screen also. It would not let me tap on the next button but if you tap on the middle of the page, the button will light up so you can click it and go on.🙄🤦‍♀️

Santa, please send some knowledgeable workers to MSC. 

• Haha 1