What should we tip our suite concierges?

IamJPT

That's why I love tipping.  It is such a personal thing.  There is no right or wrong.  Anyone who isn't touched by the effort of the crew should tip no more than the minimum on your account.  Those of us who have been touched should do what we can comfortably do.  So the answer to your question is zero to whatever.

I am asking about the suite concierge - I did not know that they are included in the  $17.50 daily on account tip. I was planning on giving our room steward more than the account and wanted to make sure the concierges were taken care of also.

Thanks - I was unsure. I asked at guest services and they said of the $17.50 daily auto gratuity per person per day that $8.45 went to dining and $6.20 went to our stateroom attendant and the remaining $2.85 went to other housekeeping services. I did not see anything for the concierge so we will adjust accordingly. I was surprised at how little / day for our stateroom attendant so we will add some ther also 😊

1 hour ago, IamJPT said:

Thanks - I was unsure. I asked at guest services and they said of the $17.50 daily auto gratuity per person per day that $8.45 went to dining and $6.20 went to our stateroom attendant and the remaining $2.85 went to other housekeeping services. I did not see anything for the concierge so we will adjust accordingly. I was surprised at how little / day for our stateroom attendant so we will add some ther also 😊

We were on Harmony last week and seeing the breakdown of gratuities makes me wonder. Does the suite attendant have to split the $6.20 with their assistant?

1 minute ago, IamJPT said:

I asked guest services that exact question 😁 he was not sure.he did not even know the Suite attendant had a helper !!!

Who is your suite attendant? We had Marijana and fell in love with her.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IamJPT said:

On harmony now and are not sure how much to tip. They have been very nice and have helped with several reservations for us.

Assuming it's still Jackie and Lilli, they were very nice and also helpful.  FWIW, we gave them 20 bucks when they helped us and an additional 20 at the end of each cruise.  (we were on a B2B)  We also tipped the bar staff a buck or two with each drink.

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Who is your suite attendant? We had Marijana and fell in love with her.

We had Marijana as our Loft Attendant on Allure in 2018, then ran into her on Harmony in 2019. She was just wonderful. Engaging, kind, caring, just great. Probably one of the only attendants whose name I remember after 40 cruises. Did you have her on Harmony? 

We would love to see her again. Maybe she will be on Harmony when we are on her in August 2022. 

mac_tlc

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We had Marijana as our Loft Attendant on Allure in 2018, then ran into her on Harmony in 2019. She was just wonderful. Engaging, kind, caring, just great. Probably one of the only attendants whose name I remember after 40 cruises. Did you have her on Harmony? 

We would love to see her again. Maybe she will be on Harmony when we are on her in August 2022. 

mac_tlc

Yes, we were on Harmony. She is going home in March and then hoping to return to Harmony. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:34 AM, neverbeenhere said:

$100 is a good amount, but so is $ 50.

I'll agree with this one.  We are fairly low-maintenance with maybe a restaurant reservation or two; but a couple times we had a cabin issue and the Concierge was able to broker a settlement with Guest Services.

Can't remember last time the Concierge got less than $50 from us.

For our last cruise we got an email from our concierge as an introduction and she asked if there was anything she could do for us.

We asked if she could help us with dinner reservations and specialty dining.

Never got any response and found her services were not needed for the entire cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

For our last cruise we got an email from our concierge as an introduction and she asked if there was anything she could do for us.

We asked if she could help us with dinner reservations and specialty dining.

Never got any response and found her services were not needed for the entire cruise.

There are a lot of really good concierges and also many not so great.

On 12/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, IamJPT said:

I asked guest services that exact question 😁 he was not sure.he did not even know the Suite attendant had a helper !!!

As I understand it, there are a number of assistants that do things like take away dirty linens and bringing fresh ones and other assistance.

On 12/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, George C said:

We have tipped anywhere from 0 to 100 depending on service.

I was going to say the same. Some have made miracles, and some have done little. In the before times, we even asked a couple of them to dinner in Chops or something like that. 

Most of the time they did little was because we asked little of them, by the way, but that's how discretion works. We've had cruises where we barely went into the Suite Lounge.