Royal Temporarily Tightens Mask Policy..Celebrity Next?

FFMilesJunkie

1 minute ago, Harrylinden said:

We are on the Equinox now and the captain announced yesterday evening there was one person who tested positive for covid and the contact traced people tested negative so far!!!

Will they be tested a second time before disembarking in Florida(and then boarding planes to all over the US and possibly the world) tomorrow?

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

If you give a passenger a mask or two (or 5 or 20) on boarding and tell them they have to wear it, they'll probably wear it.  Problem solved!  (well, part of one problem anyway)

3 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

Problem solved? Your kidding. Everyone without a booster is proven to now be virtually unprotected. No mask outside, off while drinking at the many bars, off while eating in close quarters, and a bunch incorrectly wearing the mask. Without the booster a disaster waiting to happen in a few weeks when Omicron fully spreads in the US. Sure you test 2 days before but much can happen in those two succeeding days.

There was a degree of sarcasm to my answer, hence the exclamation point.  My read of the currently available data is that most masks do a little bit to reduce the transmission and inhalation of those nasty little aerosols that carry our favorite viruses, and that the best masks do a good job of it if properly fitted and worn consistently.  But I recognize the value of a mask policy is mostly symbolic - it looks like the cruise lines are doing something, and it's something that can be implemented relatively quickly.

37 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

That is not a good comparison at all.  Not even apples & oranges - more like tires & lightbulbs.

How’s this then… Wayne Gretzky and I both play Hockey… think that one through! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Livesteamer said:

Not scheduled until late February but my wife and I WILL NOT cruise with a mask requirement.  This is nothing more than as serious overreaction by the Administration and the CDC to cause a full-blown panic during the Christmas season.

Exactly, they want control…

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hi folks ~ I'm closing this thread for the same reason I closed one a few weeks ago.  I don't like "speculation."  Beyond creating chaos (don't we have enough of that already?), things tend to get nasty fast.  

I do want to point out that Celebrity does not always follow what Royal does.  Royal has never completely done away with their indoor mask policy.  This change make it more restrictive but Royal has had an indoor mask policy in place since they returned to sailing.  Celebrity has not required masks once you step on their ships.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2