What about Celebrity Air if we cancel under the CWC?

39august

6 hours ago, sn2792 said:

Ours was refunded on 2 cancelled cruises.

Were they canceled by Celebrity (as in the ship didn't sail) or voluntarily under CwC?  

I would expect you would at least be charged the $200 pp cancel/change fee that FbC charges if you were to cancel with CwC but don't know anything first hand.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

To those who were refunded, were those cancelled by you under CWC or by X? What I thought was that since we are fully paid, including air, that the air portion would just be a credit from the airline, as we are  already ticketed. so Delta owns the reservation. I would hate to have to pay the $200 pp to change when Delta has no change fees a.

We canceled under CWC. To be fair to Celebrity, the $200 PP ticket cancellation fee was fully disclosed on our booking documentation. The airline was AA as I recall and we don't see a credit there. The non refund on the airport transfers was a surprise. 

32 minutes ago, 39august said:

To those who were refunded, were those cancelled by you under CWC or by X? What I thought was that since we are fully paid, including air, that the air portion would just be a credit from the airline, as we are  already ticketed. so Delta owns the reservation. I would hate to have to pay the $200 pp to change when Delta has no change fees a.

Yes I think it's a steep service fee but is fully disclosed in the booking information.  There is no fee until you make final payment.

I did not realize that the CWC deal did  not include the air fare.  A little misleading IMO.

But I do know that cancelling Celebrity Air only after final payment costs $200 a person, which is not an Airline charge.  It is a Celebrity Air charge.  At least it is a cash refund for the CA.

In the future, I will be checking my CA fare before the final payment and switching to a Direct airline booking if the fare is the same.

• Like 1

I was aware of the $200 fee at booking. Have made several changes over several Flights by Celebrity past reservations prior to final payment. In fact I have been quite satisfied with Celebrity air. Just thought under CDC it would be different. Thanks for all the input. 

I don't plan to ever use Flights by Celebrity again!

The first leg of our return flight was cancelled (that's not their fault - it was the airline) but they put us on a flight that made the connection flight impossible (in Toronto)! I contacted them to tell them that there was no way we could make the second flight with all the requirements to get into Canada and they insisted that all that was needed was a 40 minute window. I asked to switch to a connection in ATL instead, and they ultimately refused to change it. That was after 2 phone calls and 6 HOURS on the phone and 2 supervisors getting involved! Nope... won't use them again!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Were they canceled by Celebrity (as in the ship didn't sail) or voluntarily under CwC?  

I would expect you would at least be charged the $200 pp cancel/change fee that FbC charges if you were to cancel with CwC but don't know anything first hand.

We cancelled under CWC and we were fully refunded. I expected to have a $200 charge but we didn’t.

• Like 1

QUESTION #23: Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

A: If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare. If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com. In your email, be sure to include the following:
Booking Number
Sail Date
Guest Names
Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, chuckroast1 said:

Ours was (eventually) credited back to our CC, minus the $200 PP cancellation fee. We also got stiffed on $120 of transfers we had booked through Flights by Celebrity. 

We urge you to look further into this (calling Captain's Club, etc.), because transfer fees should be refunded to you.  They are similar in nature to an excursion.  Our transfer fee was refunded.  They should not be allowed to "stiff" you.

Edited by jg51

On 12/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, Dwight1 said:

So their fares are NOT fully refundable? Hmmm. So the CWC only covers the cruise and not their airfare. Interesting. Thanks. Another dagger to my soon to be cancellation,

the cruise is...airfare not

there is full disclosure upon booking

Sorry but you shouldn't be complaining if you agreed to the terms

On 12/18/2021 at 5:28 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

QUESTION #23: Does Cruise with Confidence protect airfare?

A: If you booked air through Flights by Celebrity with a refundable air option, Celebrity will handle changing your arrangements, and we’ll cover any change fees. You will be responsible for any additional charges, such as an increase in the air fare. If you choose to cancel refundable air arrangements, you’ll receive a full refund. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment. The refund will typically appear on your credit card statement in the next billing cycle.

UK and Ireland guests who booked a non-refundable ticket through Celebrity will not receive a refund. If you booked flights independently with an airline or travel partner, you’ll need to contact them directly to inquire about a refund or contact your travel insurance provider.

If you booked air independently or purchased nonrefundable air through Flights by Celebrity, you should reach out to your air carrier for assistance with canceling or changing your flight. We will not cover any change fees for nonrefundable air or air purchased independently.

If you choose to cancel, the carrier should allow you the use of the ticket within 12 months of the ticket issue date. If the airline does not accommodate the use of the ticket value within 12 months of ticket issue date, you should contact Flights by Celebrity via email at choiceairsupervisors@rccl.com. In your email, be sure to include the following:
Booking Number
Sail Date
Guest Names
Reason for the email/what was advised by the airline

Emails will be answered in the order received. Responses may take 7 to 10 business days.

Most flights by celebrity are subject to a $200pp fee regardless if cancelled period( unless Celebrity cancels the cruise for you)

dealt with this a few times

Changes in flights are different

On 12/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, chuckroast1 said:

Ours was (eventually) credited back to our CC, minus the $200 PP cancellation fee. We also got stiffed on $120 of transfers we had booked through Flights by Celebrity. 

Who canceled, you or them?