Quarantined while on board

Jpieper

6 minutes ago, Jpieper said:

If a passenger is tested positive while on board, are they required to move out of their room/suite while quarantining?

What is required of passengers identified through contact tracing? 

Read the O SailSafe FAQs which answer most of your questions.

2 hours ago, Jpieper said:

If a passenger is tested positive while on board, are they required to move out of their room/suite while quarantining?

What is required of passengers identified through contact tracing? 

see page 4.   To me, unlike Flatbush Flyer,  it’s not crystal clear. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v22.pdf

Edited by LNielsen
Edit

5 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

see page 4.   To me, unlike Flatbush Flyer,  it’s not crystal clear. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/sail-safe-health-program-v22.pdf

Have you followed the whole CDC progression of restart requirements over the last year? If so, you’d remember that one requirement was having shoreside quarantine facilities to get positive cases off the ship ASAP.

While “page 4” doesn’t specifically say you (and yours), if positive, will be disembarked ASAP, common sense does. Of course, where/when will be highly dependent on your itinerary.

1 minute ago, JPR said:

The good news is that they’ll give you your own lifeboat!

Not really. Positive cases will, most likely, be immediately quarantined in their own cabin until an itinerary/health condition specific plan can be implemented.  If you’re on a transoceanic leg, it may be days before you are near a port where you can be quarantined ashore. And, depending on the seriousness of your condition, you may be moved to another onboard cabin specifically designated for Covid quarantine until you reach a port.

15 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Have you followed the whole CDC progression of restart requirements over the last year? If so, you’d remember that one requirement was having shoreside quarantine facilities to get positive cases off the ship ASAP.

While “page 4” doesn’t specifically say you (and yours), if positive, will be disembarked ASAP, common sense does. Of course, where/when will be highly dependent on your itinerary.

Yes, I have.  Please do not admonish me as you do so many others.  

The fact remains that it absolutely does not say  that you and yours will be disembarked.   That can be left to interpretation.   Someone asked a question, I expanded on your “read the sail safe faq’s” by providing a link to the sail safe program.    I pointed out that although it was clear to you, it was not to me.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure of Oceania (or NCL) but our neighbor was put off Princess when her husband encounter medical conditions the ship's doctor could not handle.  She had no choice, ships policy.  Luckly all costs were covered by her medical insurance.

22 minutes ago, LNielsen said:

Yes, I have.  Please do not admonish me as you do so many others.  

The fact remains that it absolutely does not say  that you and yours will be disembarked.   That can be left to interpretation.   Someone asked a question, I expanded on your “read the sail safe faq’s” by providing a link to the sail safe program.    I pointed out that although it was clear to you, it was not to me.  

No one has admonished you.

In any case, I have provided the most likely beginning thoughts regarding a basic treatment plan you’d find on any ship at sea given a situation of significant medical concern. I’m not going into all the details of who does/decides what/when/where/why because the protocols can go in many situation-dependent directions. And neither will a FAQs page on a cruise line website.

Suffice to say that a ship is not the ideal location to control a contagion and the decisions made by the ship’s MD will be based in part on all sorts of factors keeping in mind your health/safety as well as the health/safety of everyone else onboard.

Read the FAQs again:

the Cruise Line will coordinate necessary onboard COVID-19 related medical treatment, required land-based quarantine, and travel arrangements to get the guest safely back home.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

52 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

Not sure of Oceania (or NCL) but our neighbor was put off Princess when her husband encounter medical conditions the ship's doctor could not handle.  She had no choice, ships policy.  Luckly all costs were covered by her medical insurance.

Did he have Covid?

Some medical conditions can not be handled by a ships doctor or the medical centre  & the pax would be best treat on shore