B2B questions

kabux

Hey All,

Scheduled to go on Mardi Gras for a B2B in a couple weeks, barring any positive tests (crossing fingers!!).  

Couple questions:

1.  Assume I have to complete the check-in for the second cruise but won't need to choose a boarding time?

2.  Any tips for the change-over day?  We will be changing rooms and would prefer not to have to pack up every single thing into the suitcases - have you brought anything to help with the move that was actually helpful to keep things somewhat organized (like an extra tote bag or something?)?

Thanks!!!

10 minutes ago, kabux said:

Hey All,

Scheduled to go on Mardi Gras for a B2B in a couple weeks, barring any positive tests (crossing fingers!!).  

Couple questions:

1.  Assume I have to complete the check-in for the second cruise but won't need to choose a boarding time?

2.  Any tips for the change-over day?  We will be changing rooms and would prefer not to have to pack up every single thing into the suitcases - have you brought anything to help with the move that was actually helpful to keep things somewhat organized (like an extra tote bag or something?)?

Thanks!!!

1) Correct

2) You can leave items on hangers but otherwise, you need to pack everything

41 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I didn't know that, not that I have ever done a B2B but that day will certainly come and unlikely in the same cabin.  Do you know if most cruise lines have such a policy?  The clothes on hangars is about the only thing I wouldn't want to pack.

Different cruise lines do different methods.  Go with a luxury line, they may even pack for you

• Like 1

I've done a couple of B2Bs and twice had to change cabins. I brought large bags and placed water/soda bottles, shoes, etc in those. I let the steward know beforehand about switching cabins, gave him a tip and all our stuff was neatly placed in the 2nd cabin when we boarded back.

• Like 2

we did a back to back in late September on Horizon.  We didn't change rooms so I can't help you there. Thursday evening they left a letter telling us to go to the comedy club between certain hours.  They did the covid test. Once it came back we were allowed to go back to having fun.  Friday we had a letter telling us to meet in the reflections dining room at a certain time,  There was probably around 15 couples and once they had clearance from customs they marched us out to the facial recognition ipads and we went through and then we were allowed to get back on the ship.  It was very easy and painless.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just did our first B2B on the Mardi Gras Dec. 4 and Dec.11 and it was great ! They did a free COVID test on us the last full day. They had certain hours for it and it was quick and easy ! On the day when everyone was debarking, we were told to go to one of the restaurants and we waited there till someone lead us off the ship and then back on the ship . It went quickly even though there were probably 200 of us doing the B2B. I loved it ! 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:05 AM, ciera123 said:

We’re doing a B2B in January and wondering if we’ll need to Covid test before the second leg??? 

As of now you will. Carnival will give you instructions early in your first leg and it will tell you where and what time to get your test. We had our test on  a Thursday before ending the cruise on a Sunday. Carnival does not charge for the test.

15 hours ago, skrufy said:

As of now you will. Carnival will give you instructions early in your first leg and it will tell you where and what time to get your test. We had our test on  a Thursday before ending the cruise on a Sunday. Carnival does not charge for the test.

In our case they have been dropping the letter of the 2nd to last day to tell us what time the test will be on the last full day. On for the 3rd leg of 5 right now, on a 8 day cruise that ends Sunday, and we still haven't gotten it. 

Dont worry if you don't get it early on your trip, they will find you.

1 hour ago, Bgcruising said:

In our case they have been dropping the letter of the 2nd to last day to tell us what time the test will be on the last full day. On for the 3rd leg of 5 right now, on a 8 day cruise that ends Sunday, and we still haven't gotten it. 

Dont worry if you don't get it early on your trip, they will find you.

BG, enjoy your FIVE cruises.  If you don't mind, could you spell out the pre-cruise check-in procedure for us as we embark on our first B2B.  I'm assuming I do everything 'normally' for Cruise #1 (72 hr Health Assessment and 16 day Plat. check-in).  How does all that work for Cruise #2 (or in your case #2-#5!)

TYIA.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:20 PM, jsglow said:

BG, enjoy your FIVE cruises.  If you don't mind, could you spell out the pre-cruise check-in procedure for us as we embark on our first B2B.  I'm assuming I do everything 'normally' for Cruise #1 (72 hr Health Assessment and 16 day Plat. check-in).  How does all that work for Cruise #2 (or in your case #2-#5!)

TYIA.

1256116992_PXL_20220108_2010442812.thumb.jpg.3140cbcd9d75716c3d67e8637cec1b0a.jpg

PXL_20220108_201019145.jpg

On 1/7/2022 at 3:20 PM, jsglow said:

TYIA.

Thank you! Please see the pictures I uploaded for you to see the process.