Observations From The Poop Deck Christmas/New Years Equinox

morpheusofthesea

11 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We do not get off the ship. Gov't approved taxis. Can't answer your questions, sorry not too helpful.

You're doing a great live review.

If you happen to hear any accounts of how things worked from other cruisers, a number of us would be interested.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You're doing a great live review.

If you happen to hear any accounts of how things worked from other cruisers, a number of us would be interested.

Under normal circumstances I would be happy to enquire as a way of chit-chatting with fellow passengers. But do not want to take the chance of being contact traced and confined to quarters. 

If we should 'over hear' (eaves drop) around the shore excursion desk complaints, we will report back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewgary said:

Gotta disagree with that one. I think it's fair to leave for a bite to eat at the buffet or a game of trivia for an hour and not have to start my lounge search all over again. 

We used to sail the small Pacific Princess (680 passengers) a lot before Princess sold her. 😢

I'm not sure if the smaller passenger load changed the atmosphere or what but almost everyone would clear their towels every time they left their loungers for longer than 15 minutes or so. Therefore there were always empty loungers for new people to sit on. So no one worried about claiming that one available space for the day since you knew that whenever you showed up you would find something.'It was so CIVILIZED!!! I'm so sorry that ship is gone!

(And morpheous - I also remember the days of Home Lines when you would find "your" lounger with a deck steward on the first day of the cruise. Your name was put in a little slot at the top and it was yours for the whole cruise.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Under normal circumstances I would be happy to enquire as a way of chit-chatting with fellow passengers. But do not want to take the chance of being contact traced and confined to quarters. 

If we should 'over hear' (eaves drop) around the shore excursion desk complaints, we will report back.

Thanks, I understand.  

This beautiful morning we are docked in Castries, St. Lucia across from Silver Seas Spirit and NCL Escape. "All guests are required to wear masks indoors and outdoors. All guests will only be permitted to disembark if they have booked an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises. Fully vaccinated guests may also purchase an approved tour by local government at port. Must carry a copy of vax card. Local authorities require guests to wear wristbands (white)." On dock sanitizer squirt and temperature check.

IMG_1458.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This beautiful morning we are docked in Castries, St. Lucia across from Silver Seas Spirit and NCL Escape. "All guests are required to wear masks indoors and outdoors. All guests will only be permitted to disembark if they have booked an excursion provided by Celebrity Cruises. Fully vaccinated guests may also purchase an approved tour by local government at port. Must carry a copy of vax card. Local authorities require guests to wear wristbands (white)." On dock sanitizer squirt and temperature check.

Is the above highlighted in red a new ship rule or for getting off in St. Lucia?

(BTW - we LOVE St. Lucia!!!!)

Edited by chamima

On 12/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

I have found I spend an inordinate amount of time in my cabins shower. At least two if not three times a day, hence the need for so many extra towels. First and foremost is the waterfall shower head. Once one gets the temperature set properly it is a delight. Next are all the toiletries that just have to be used and allowed 'time' to do their magic. First is the shampoo (at home I just lather once), now my thinning scalp gets a 'deep' cleaning, followed by a copious amount of conditioner which must 'settle' itself in order to properly 'condition' what is left. Next, is the fragrant bar soap, followed by a body gel, and finally a fragrant (companion fragrance I'm sure) body lotion. 

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

What suite type are you in? Wife loves Le Labo!

33 minutes ago, Veinless said:

Nice! Anyone know if the other suite classes get these toiletries on the Equinox. We’re in an S1 on the Jan 21 sailing. 

Under Celebrity Cruises Menu, Search, type in sky suite amenities scroll down to photo of Bigelow. Celebrity suite, Bigelow. Royal and Penthouse Le Labo.

• Like 1

Well on 'pins and needles' this afternoon. Since we are in port, we requested Room Service from our butler. It was brought to our cabin by another butler? Caught off guard with no tip cash handy. Took notice of his name tag to 'hunt him down' to give him $5. In the process of searching for him in the Retreat and Cafe found out that our butler is out for the day with a 'headache'? We have to wait 24 hours now to see if he returns to duty?

Captain Matt announced tonight that a "few" more guests reported to sick bay tested positive.  "Grenada has made a change in their entry requirements for transit calls due to the Omicron variant. As a result of this emergency decision by Grenada Health Authorities, we will be replacing our scheduled call to St. George's Grenada on Wednesday, December 29 with Roseau, Dominica and adding Phillipsburg, St. Maarten, Thursday, December 30."

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Thanks for the update...sorry you didn't get to dock again.

I think we may be rescheduling our cruise for the end of Jan if the refused docking carries on.

Thought we would be ok if we just sailed around for 12 days but maybe a land based holiday may be better at the moment?

32 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Thanks for the update...sorry you didn't get to dock again.

I think we may be rescheduling our cruise for the end of Jan if the refused docking carries on.

Thought we would be ok if we just sailed around for 12 days but maybe a land based holiday may be better at the moment?

Everyone has different priorities. If visiting places is ones desire and those places are closed then one has no choice in the matter. The ship is our destination.

• Like 4

The Equinox Retreat has a new bonus gift for its guests this sailing, a complimentary appointment with "Hollywood Hot Glass" .  DW made a paper weight. This additional blue token was gift boxed announcing our complimentary glass class. It comes with a ribbon so one can wear it around ones neck while walking around the ship like a Zenith lanyard.

IMG_1459.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1