Move cruise to later date,

Hinda

I would gladly post the statistics on how many people now feel that they are up against a wall having to use up FCVs before they expire. Why should they expire. We all paid good money for them. Only one answer. O needs for them to expire. 

So about those statistics, when O makes them available, I will gladly direct you to them. 

Wonder how many would be willing to pile up flight vouchers, that would expire in a year if not used. 

12 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I would gladly post the statistics on how many people now feel that they are up against a wall having to use up FCVs before they expire. Why should they expire. We all paid good money for them. Only one answer. O needs for them to expire. 

So about those statistics, when O makes them available, I will gladly direct you to them. 

Wonder how many would be willing to pile up flight vouchers, that would expire in a year if not used. 

You may find something in an SEC filing for NCLH, or from the transcript of the next earnings call.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

People feeling they are up against a wall to use their FCV in the next 11 1/2 months and tons of people holding worthless FCV is not the same.....at this time their FCVs are not worthless

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Travel much? Flight ETCs and/or FFCs generally have a 1 year “shelf life.” O’’s FCCs are similar. It’s pretty much a travel industry standard.

That said, know as well that O is exemplary when it comes to considering (on a case-by-case basis) requests for deadline (and other policy) exemptions. We’ve gotten quite a few from O in the past 24 months - so much so that we have more than 100 nights booked in 2002 (in fact, leaving tomorrow on Riviera).

What they will not do (of course) is just grant people indefinite FCCs. That would be lunacy for any business.

Perhaps you’d be much happier on a wannabe line like Viking. Of course, the drawback there would be that you’d have to eat their food.

32 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Travel much? Flight ETCs and/or FFCs generally have a 1 year “shelf life.” O’’s FCCs are similar. It’s pretty much a travel industry standard.

That said, know as well that O is exemplary when it comes to considering (on a case-by-case basis) requests for deadline (and other policy) exemptions. We’ve gotten quite a few from O in the past 24 months - so much so that we have more than 100 nights booked in 2002 (in fact, leaving tomorrow on Riviera).

What they will not do (of course) is just grant people indefinite FCCs. That would be lunacy for any business.

Perhaps you’d be much happier on a wannabe line like Viking. Of course, the drawback there would be that you’d have to eat their food.

You've used the line about Viking's food twice in the past week. 

I believe the issue for many, as it was for me, is that NCL had a stated policy which left little doubt about a passenger's ability to seek FCCs and when the credits would expire.  The "case by case" policy is not equitable toward all passengers.  You are a loyalist and have received exemptions.  New comers are not receiving "equal protection."  I got my cruise moved a year but some are still struggling to do so.    I believe their beef is legitimate.  JMO.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, marieps said:

I believe the issue for many, as it was for me, is that NCL had a stated policy which left little doubt about a passenger's ability to seek FCCs and when the credits would expire.  The "case by case" policy is not equitable toward all passengers.  You are a loyalist and have received exemptions.  New comers are not receiving "equal protection."  I got my cruise moved a year but some are still struggling to do so.    I believe their beef is legitimate.  JMO.

Firstly, let’s remember that NCL and Oceania (along with Regent) are independent operations in most respects.

That said, the O’s case-by-case policy “favors” only those who can make reasonable/legitimate  arguments for an exemption. It has zip to do with “loyalty.” After all, we’re all individual O  “rounding errors.” 

It doesn’t take “rocket science” to get most companyies (cruise or otherwise) to do the “right thing.” I suggest that you read the brief Harvard publication “Negotiating to Yes.”

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

You're making my point for me.  The folks complaining do not want to have to negotiate.  As an aside (and I know you dislike =X= being mentioned here) Celebrity just extended its Cruise with Confidence program to cover cruises booked through 3/31/22, scheduled to sail thru September 2022.  Cancel with 48 hours notice.  Sail the FCC by 12/31/22, or within one year of the original sail date. 

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

My own personal experience is that United Airlines gave us a 24-month flight voucher when we canceled a trip in 2021.  We also had booked a car hire for the day with one of the largest car services in Europe for a trip we had been planning. We canceled that in March 2021 and they gave us a voucher that expires December 2022.  So I'm not so sure that the industry standard is 1 year. 

Again...this is my experience and YMMV. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

UA has twice extended my tickets to europe  bought in 2019  original use for a 2020 cruise....     till must be used by 6-23.   ( meaning you can use them to purchase tickets for  up to April 2024!....      Lots of room   Hey I cranked up 5 figures in fare ,,,, not worried

47 minutes ago, marieps said:

You're making my point for me.  The folks complaining do not want to have to negotiate.  As an aside (and I know you dislike =X= being mentioned here) Celebrity just extended its Cruise with Confidence program to cover cruises booked through 3/31/22, scheduled to sail thru September 2022.  Cancel with 48 hours notice.  Sail the FCC by 12/31/22, or within one year of the original sail date. 

Yes! Negotiating should not be a requirement. There is presently a highly contagious virus spreading rapidly. Not wanting to possibly quarantine in a ship cabin versus your home is reason enough for a blanket cancellation policy.  Oceania is sticking with Cruise With No Confidence…..obviously why recent cruises are sailing half empty. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

UA has twice extended my tickets to europe  bought in 2019  original use for a 2020 cruise....     till must be used by 6-23.   ( meaning you can use them to purchase tickets for  up to April 2024!....      Lots of room   Hey I cranked up 5 figures in fare ,,,, not worried

I still miss Tigger.

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

Yes! Negotiating should not be a requirement. There is presently a highly contagious virus spreading rapidly. Not wanting to possibly quarantine in a ship cabin versus your home is reason enough for a blanket cancellation policy.  Oceania is sticking with Cruise With No Confidence…..obviously why recent cruises are sailing half empty. 

I believe they are sailing 1/2 empty due to O capping occupancy at 50 - 60% to allow for social distancing, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marieps said:

That’s like telling me that, if I buy a Chevrolet, I’ll get an extended warranty.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, basor said:

I believe they are sailing 1/2 empty due to O capping occupancy at 50 - 60% to allow for social distancing, etc.

These cruises were almost fully booked prior to mid December when new virus erupted. There has been mass cancellations.

Our December cruise had over 1100 passengers….no occupancy cap.