Move cruise to later date,

Hinda

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Most of the past offers  were book by  Dec 2022 but sail by 2023  is that not the case now?

This is from the post above:

Future Cruise Credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. 

Lets hope the O policy, if there is one, does not mirror this language.

Edited by marieps

34 minutes ago, marieps said:

Having to sail by Dec 31, 2022 is not a very long window considering we and many others have 2022 travel plans mapped out already.  I wish they would give until one year from original sail date.  If, in fact, they reinstate an FCC offer.

Don’t get your hopes up. 

Several months ago, O “drew a line in the sand” at 12/31/22. 

Clearly, the plan has been (and continues to be) a return to “normal” on 1/1/23. And so, both existing (and any newly issued FCCs) would not get a “cruise by” deadline beyond 12/31/22. As you may know, O temporarily even stopped issuing FCCs (until only this Past few weeks) in order to whittle down the outstanding ones. Fortunately, though cabin availability was initially low in 2022 (folks anxious to cruise [spending $$$ or FCCs]), changes in OZ/NZ et al. forced cruise cancellations/itinerary reconfigurations and resale that in turn opened more cabins. 

It would appear that the balancing strategy is working though the new Covid Omicron fears are challenging it. However, I only see FCC issuance and the recent wholesale “waitlisting” of itineraries for January/February lasting until March 1 of this year.

What many folks here forget to consider is that  O has to look at the bigger picture in terms of their business decisions. And, if the FDR and Binder et al. decisions over the past 15 years have kept the company afloat and moving forward, it just wouldn’t be common sense for them to listen to the few handfuls of self-serving (though reasonable per an individual view) “arm-chair quarterback” complaints here on CC.

If any cruiseline eventually emerges from this Covid mess it will be Oceania. Will they lose some of their regulars? Absolutely. But, it’s a business and there will be plenty of unhappy Celebrity, Viking, etc customers to take their place.

11 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Most of the past offers  were book by  Dec 2022 but sail by 2023  is that not the case now?

Unless my geezerdom has me having a senior moment, all existing FCCs have a “cruise by” deadline of 12/31/22. And a quick look at the O website shows adequate cabin availability. 

58 minutes ago, marieps said:

Having to sail by Dec 31, 2022 is not a very long window considering we and many others have 2022 travel plans mapped out already.  I wish they would give until one year from original sail date.  If, in fact, they reinstate an FCC offer.

I agree- we are already booked for travel every month except October and December.

6 minutes ago, suejerrytx said:

I agree- we are already booked for travel every month except October and December.

There’s a great (extended journey) cruise in late October - Barcelona to Rome. Following it is another good extended journey - Rome to Miami.

In any case, it is unreasonable to think that any cruiseline is considering your (or my) OTHER travel plans as they plan their future.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suejerrytx said:

If the O policy mimics what NCL has posted it looks like you can use the FCC for an existing booking.

Norwegian's Peace of Mind | Norwegian's Commitment to Our Guests | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

"Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a cancelled booking?

Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile before it can be added to a reservation. It can then be applied to any new or existing reservation or group booking."

7 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

If the O policy mimics what NCL has posted it looks like you can use the FCC for an existing booking.

Norwegian's Peace of Mind | Norwegian's Commitment to Our Guests | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

"Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a cancelled booking?

Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile before it can be added to a reservation. It can then be applied to any new or existing reservation or group booking."

Oh, good. I was wondering about this. At this point I would much rather apply any FCC to an existing booking. Actually, I would rather get a full refund but we'll see what happens.

24 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

No O policy change to old “Travelers Assurance Program) yet. Maybe after this weekend’s web maintenance. BUT, I expect any issues FCCs will have “cruise by” deadline of 12/31/22. 

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

If that the case do you think they will let me apply to my existing booking in 2023?  

If only we could put an expiration date on Covid. Unfortunately wishing will not make it end..  With Covid still spreading, putting expiration dates on fcc is absurd.  I have booked,  been  canceled, and rebooked several times.  While I understand that Oceania wants to clear out fcc, it won’t happen until guests feel safe sailing.  If Oceania stands firm with the Dec. 2022 expiration date, they will lose future bookings. 
just had hotel reward upgrade club awards expire yesterday.  I tried to use the awards. However, when I stayed at that hotel chain during the past year, the hotel club lounge was closed. No way to use the awards. When I spoke to hotel chain, the response was that they wouldn’t extend expiration date even though they knew that those awards could not be used. After many years of hotel loyalty, our loyalty is ending.  
the same thing will happen if Oceania stands firm on Dec. 2022 expiration 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

If only we could put an expiration date on Covid. Unfortunately wishing will not make it end..  With Covid still spreading, putting expiration dates on fcc is absurd.  I have booked,  been  canceled, and rebooked several times.  While I understand that Oceania wants to clear out fcc, it won’t happen until guests feel safe sailing.  If Oceania stands firm with the Dec. 2022 expiration date, they will lose future bookings. 
just had hotel reward upgrade club awards expire yesterday.  I tried to use the awards. However, when I stayed at that hotel chain during the past year, the hotel club lounge was closed. No way to use the awards. When I spoke to hotel chain, the response was that they wouldn’t extend expiration date even though they knew that those awards could not be used. After many years of hotel loyalty, our loyalty is ending.  

Interesting. Both Marriott and Intercontinental have extended the “book by” deadline to keep your points intact.

7 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Interesting. Both Marriott and Intercontinental have extended the “book by” deadline to keep your points intact.

I wasn’t referring to Marriott or Intercontinental.  
most businesses have been good about extending benefits, accepting expired coupons, etc.  most of our museum memberships extended for time lost.  We fully support those institutions.  The few that didn’t, we dropped our membership. 

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There’s a great (extended journey) cruise in late October - Barcelona to Rome. Following it is another good extended journey - Rome to Miami.

In any case, it is unreasonable to think that any cruiseline is considering your (or my) OTHER travel plans as they plan their future.

I use scopolamine for motion sickness - not sure i could handle a repositioning cruise.  I would love to do one but don't think I could handle the wave action.  Already a little concerned about going around the cape of South America  

56 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

I scrambled to use Marriott timeshare options this year as i thought they would expire at the end of this year.  Then after I used them they extended them again.  Oh well - I had two great trip tp Hawaii - April and August

The problem with a 12/31/2022 FCC expiry is very limited options to find attractive alternatives.  We have a large FCC so would need a suite to use it up and most appear to be wait listed. I don’t think they will allow you to split it between two cruises but checking on that. They want their revenue to book in 2022 so while appearing to be flexible, as a practical matter they are not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ffnole1 said:

The problem with a 12/31/2022 FCC expiry is very limited options to find attractive alternatives.  We have a large FCC so would need a suite to use it up and most appear to be wait listed. I don’t think they will allow you to split it between two cruises but checking on that. They want their revenue to book in 2022 so while appearing to be flexible, as a practical matter they are not. 

Cruising by the end of 2022 was reasonable for early 2021 cruises that were cancelled, but not so much now.  I am fairly confident that you would be able to apply your FCC to different cruises if necessary under the NCL plan and the upcoming Oceania new plan.

It is the same with Celebrity’s fairly generous Cruise with Confidence program.  Book by May for a cruise sailing by the end of 2022 or one year from the date of your original cruise.  You can use your FCC on multiple cruises.

At this point we have no official option with Oceania to cancel for an FCC, but I would be really shocked if Oceania does not implement an option this week.  Unofficially I believe Oceania is allowing customers to move their booking to another cruise in 2022.  (Paying the difference in fares necessary).  

We should be glad to not be on a cruise leaving early next week.  

56 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Cruising by the end of 2022 was reasonable for early 2021 cruises that were cancelled, but not so much now.  I am fairly confident that you would be able to apply your FCC to different cruises if necessary under the NCL plan and the upcoming Oceania new plan.

It is the same with Celebrity’s fairly generous Cruise with Confidence program.  Book by May for a cruise sailing by the end of 2022 or one year from the date of your original cruise.  You can use your FCC on multiple cruises.

At this point we have no official option with Oceania to cancel for an FCC, but I would be really shocked if Oceania does not implement an option this week.  Unofficially I believe Oceania is allowing customers to move their booking to another cruise in 2022.  (Paying the difference in fares necessary).  

We should be glad to not be on a cruise leaving early next week.  

With as much cabin availability as exists in 2022 (thanks in part to O’s extending final pay dates), I do not see O doing a turn-around on its obvious plan of “return to normal on 1/1/23.”

Of course, there’s always O’s consideration of policy exception requests on a “case by case” basis. FWIW: We were able to get an extension for an FCC “cruise by” 2021 deadline applied to a requested autumn 2022 booking. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

This should put your mind at ease.😉

My sea faring, Navy veteran husband and I just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it, so thanks for posting! (Time to go swimmin with bow-legged women!!) When we went round the Horn in 2006 on Celebrity Millennium, there were indeed 70 mph winds and rough enough seas that we were diverted and missed the Falklands (as is often the case.) Captain opened the bar that day and night. Got pretty rough onboard as well. 😳🤢 But we loved it so much, we're doing it again Feb. 2023 on Marina.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jazznruby said:

My sea faring, Navy veteran husband and I just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it, so thanks for posting! (Time to go swimmin with bow-legged women!!) When we went round the Horn in 2006 on Celebrity Millennium, there were indeed 70 mph winds and rough enough seas that we were diverted and missed the Falklands (as is often the case.) Captain opened the bar that day and night. Got pretty rough onboard as well. 😳🤢 But we loved it so much, we're doing it again Feb. 2023 on Marina.

DW rounding the Horn.

9FE12A88-FF03-4917-A0F0-FF0ABE24C3C6.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

With as much cabin availability as exists in 2022 (thanks in part to O’s extending final pay dates), I do not see O doing a turn-around on its obvious plan of “return to normal on 1/1/23.”

Of course, there’s always O’s consideration of policy exception requests on a “case by case” basis. FWIW: We were able to get an extension for an FCC “cruise by” 2021 deadline applied to a requested autumn 2022 booking. 

I suspect you are correct.  There are not a lot of suites available for 2020 if you do not wish to take an International flight.  I am just being selfish as I have an Oceania Cruise booked in January 2023.  
I am not sure I would take advantage of the option even if it was offered.  

19 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Well  I had several awards expriring  12-15-21 with Marriott.. and they sent me an e-mail extending them till 2022....  One reason I stick for 30 years with them. is they run a  class operation world wide.

Where do you get the expiration date of your FCC? I have one for $500, an admin fee for a cancelled cruise during penalty phase. I cancelled a cruise in April 2021. This FCC does not show up in my Oceania account, I didn't even know I had it until my TA told me about it. I am using it towards the April 4 Riviera cruise, but if I end up cancelling that one, I don't know when I need to sail by to use it up.

5 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Where do you get the expiration date of your FCC? I have one for $500, an admin fee for a cancelled cruise during penalty phase. I cancelled a cruise in April 2021. This FCC does not show up in my Oceania account, I didn't even know I had it until my TA told me about it. I am using it towards the April 4 Riviera cruise, but if I end up cancelling that one, I don't know when I need to sail by to use it up.

Your TA can request the FCC as an actual doc which’s/he can share with you. It will have dates/T&Cs/etc.