Move cruise to later date,

Hinda

Oceania has changed their cancellation policy to allow FCC cancellations. I was just able to reschedule a cruise sailing next week to one in December (fingers crossed for December...).  Just call Oceania (or your TA if you have one) and ask for FCC, they were very accommodating. 

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You have greater faith in the immediate updating of the O website than I do...

As I mentioned in an earlier post on several different threads, I have “not much faith” in the attention-to-detail of many recent communications from O - both in updates to the SailSafe FAQs and, sadly, in many email correspondences sent out under Carlos Ortega’s signature without adequate (or any?) proofreading.

I know these are difficult times for any cruise line. But, simple proofreading and the all important attention-to-detail are not much to ask when we’re all trying to follow rules and make decisions.

Add to this mess the many many (did I say MANY?) misinformed, incomplete, overgeneralized, confused, conjectured statements made in these (and other) CC threads and we end up with a “wheelbarrow sized pile of steaming dragon sh*t” (thanks Richard Brautigan).

In a sense, it’s bigger than just trusting any particular source(s) of info. Rather, what we need is the adequately researched, accurate, complete, source-cited information that engenders the trust we need.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Not sure what other cruise lines are doing, but yes, Viking is allowing certain cancellations right now.  But their most generous offer is still just FCC for canceling within a certain period (certainly not 48 hours pre-cruise) with no refund option unless Viking cancels the cruise.  Some people are unhappy.  And Viking chose to turn their Hawaii cruise into a Mexico cruise, rather than cancel it. And now Hawaii from what I hear is opening up to cruisers, or will be very soon, so some people are unhappy.  It's a very difficult situation for all lines, and they are all approaching things differently.  And one or two missed ports is certainly something that's in the back of my mind on any cruise -- but obviously not usually more than that!  But I sympathize with those traveling now.  Nobody has a crystal ball and everyone's comfort level is different. I'm fully prepared to take an FCC later this year if I feel our cruise is about to fall apart.  

And certainly the positivity rate in the U.S. as well as many, many other countries is much higher now because of Omicron.  We can guess at how many cruise ships out there now have a 1% rate due to CDC's color chart, but that's about all the 1% reference above is likely good for.  I live in a very highly-vaxed and mask required/compliance area.  But positivity of those tested is almost 15% here.  And yes, many cases are mild or asymptomatic because of the vax rate.  But those people can still spread omicron.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

It isn’t 1% on the CDC charts to be yellow, it is 0.1%  (or 1 crew member)which is the number of passengers times .001.  So if Riviera has 1000 passengers if even 1 passenger or a crew member tests positive then it is yellow.

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Not sure what other cruise lines are doing, but yes, Viking is allowing certain cancellations right now.

On the Regent forum it is being reported their World Cruise is cancelled. 

On the Norwegian forum numerous ships have had their cruises cancelled over the next four months.

Edited by Tranquility Base

3 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

My cruise agent reported a mass influx of cancelations today and yesterday.  He got a call from Oceania which asked  if I would accept a VS cabin in lieu of an OS that I waitlisted back last year.   I think they are scrambling for revenue.

I would say someone who had booked a VS cancelled.  
What category is your current booking?

53 minutes ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

My cruise agent reported a mass influx of cancelations today and yesterday.  He got a call from Oceania which asked  if I would accept a VS cabin in lieu of an OS that I waitlisted back last year.   I think they are scrambling for revenue.

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I would say someone who had booked a VS cancelled.  
What category is your current booking?

Perhaps more importantly: what cruise? Anything coming up soon?

Many thanks to those who've posted here and on other threads about their experiences trying to win FCC for later cruises.  My TA convinced O to give me FCC, thanks in part I believe, to testimonials posted here.  We'll be sailing now in February 2023.  Apparently tales of FCC granted into the new year are accurate.  Hooray.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, marieps said:

Many thanks to those who've posted here and on other threads about their experiences trying to win FCC for later cruises.  My TA convinced O to give me FCC, thanks in part I believe, to testimonials posted here.  We'll be sailing now in February 2023.  Apparently tales of FCC granted into the new year are accurate.  Hooray.

I responded to you on the roll call too.  They are still not granting us approval to postpone.  We want to postpone to the same 2023 cruise that you mentioned.

15 hours ago, espmass said:

I responded to you on the roll call too.  They are still not granting us approval to postpone.  We want to postpone to the same 2023 cruise that you mentioned.

Did you perhaps use a large FCC (with an expiration date) for you current booking?  I just wonder if some of the different results are buried in the details of the affected booking.  Otherwise it is a black mark for Oceania IMO.  A person should not have to individually negotiate terms. 

14 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Did you perhaps use a large FCC (with an expiration date) for you current booking?  I just wonder if some of the different results are buried in the details of the affected booking.  Otherwise it is a black mark for Oceania IMO.  A person should not have to individually negotiate terms. 

No, we paid cash for this cruise.  It's absolutely a black mark.  People are probably tired of seeing me post about this as I have had several posts on the issues as others have asked about it.

31 minutes ago, espmass said:

No, we paid cash for this cruise.  It's absolutely a black mark.  People are probably tired of seeing me post about this as I have had several posts on the issues as others have asked about it.

Good luck.  Obviously you are not going to give up.  No excuse for the inconsistency.  Based on my reading on CC, I think your TA is the key.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 2

It seems Oceania is issuing FCC's for Jan/Feb Cancellations with March 2023 Deadlines---but only to Clients who paid CASH for these Cruises

Those of us who are frantically trying to use 2020-issued FCC's for Jan/Feb Sailings and who are now having some last-minute second-thoughts are still told that the Dec 2020 deadline is unchanged. Oceania has held our Cash since early 2020-----and if for any reason we cannot sail Feb 2022----and find anything we like until Dec 2022 especially with so many Summer/Fall Cruises now waitlisted--looks like we'll lose everything--unless Oceania relents.

Some of us even booked Summer 2021 Cruises to use our FCC only for Oceania to cancel 

1 hour ago, Dick Barton said:

It seems Oceania is issuing FCC's for Jan/Feb Cancellations with March 2023 Deadlines---but only to Clients who paid CASH for these Cruises

Those of us who are frantically trying to use 2020-issued FCC's for Jan/Feb Sailings and who are now having some last-minute second-thoughts are still told that the Dec 2020 deadline is unchanged. Oceania has held our Cash since early 2020-----and if for any reason we cannot sail Feb 2022----and find anything we like until Dec 2022 especially with so many Summer/Fall Cruises now waitlisted--looks like we'll lose everything--unless Oceania relents.

Some of us even booked Summer 2021 Cruises to use our FCC only for Oceania to cancel 

We paid for 2/7 in Cash and approx $1,500 FCC. The FCC was issued in 2020. It can be moved to our Dec. 2022 cruise and the cash portion to FCC to be used by 3/31/23. 
Therefore, we are in O’s cancel guidelines. 
So why have we and some others been told NO Cancellation for 2/7?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Barton said:

Even is showing  waitlists  have your TA book it 

the W/L may just be capacity control issues

JMO

1 minute ago, jonthomas said:

this is why I will not take a chance with O, will cancel before final pay, or any penalties...

O is not dealing in good faith, so cant take a chance on having more almost worthless FCVs....

Agree. Cancelled 5/29 and next month will cancel 8/28.  We are not ready to cancel 2/7/22 cruise but wanted to verify our options/deadline as many on this cruise have cancelled for FCC. Told we have no options!  Go or cancel and forfeit entire cost.

4 hours ago, Dick Barton said:

The problem with that theory is the espmass stated above that they paid cash and cannot cancel and move the an early 2023 cruise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

The problem with that theory is the espmass stated above that they paid cash and cannot cancel and move the an early 2023 cruise.

As you stated in previous post "Based on my reading on CC, I think your TA is the key."

I canceled my cruise for that same date and my ta said if you used fcc, which we did, we had to book something before end of year.  If we had paid cash we could book something up to March 2023- same as Dick Barton said.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

this is why I will not take a chance with O, will cancel before final pay, or any penalties...

O is not dealing in good faith, so cant take a chance on having more almost worthless FCVs....

I totally disagree. O Is doing just fine with everything related to Covid.

Just now, jonthomas said:

Yes I am sure O is doing just fine...keeping tons of money, dishing out FCVs....and making sure to institute policies that will expire them as soon as possible.

Tell those that have lost a ton of money on worthless FCVs , that O is just fine.

Can you please direct us to the information that people have lost tons of money on worthless FCVs?  

As I understand, at the present time, the FCVs must be used by the end of this year so they would not be worthless until then.  I understand that people have FCVs and have not found a cruise that works for them in 2022 but so many things can change in the next 11 1/2 months....

• Like 1

to clarify----------we have an FCC/FCV from March 2022--just because we cancelled ourselves 2 weeks before Oceania cancelled  our Cruise------had we waited we would have received a Cash Refund

we tried to use our FCC Summer 2021 only for Oceania to cancel---leaving us with the same FCC

and Dec 2022 deadline-----so we booked a Feb Miami sailing --and now see Itinerary changes----many drop out and they are given March 2023 extensions

But if we remain hesitant and also drop out----and cant find anything we like this Fall-----we lose

everything. ------------a March 2023 extension would give better Miami 2023 options