Testing for Side by Side Cruises

BrianB

Hello .... I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the testing required for side by side Cruises .... we have leave mid Feb. for our Cruises and would like to be prepared.

Thank You

Brian

10 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Hello .... I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the testing required for side by side Cruises .... we have leave mid Feb. for our Cruises and would like to be prepared.

The first ship will likely test you but we are still at least one variant away from your sailing, so things could change. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Thank You

Brian

I'm wondering the same thing, and have one day between so I'm waiting to book. When I asked got the same answer, it's too far away to know and quit making assumptions. Guess they told me.. 

...still wondering. Especially now that they said they wouldnt test at the end of your cruise any more for your flight home. Will bide my time.

2 hours ago, Bellfree Bat said:

We were on a side to side, with 2 days in between, and they were able to test us the morning of debarkation to meet the 2 day requirement. Made it easy for us!

Thanks so much for this post. I was hoping they could do this but wasnt sure.

Thank You everybody for your replies .... fingers crossed that we do end up going ....  like everyone else .... we want to Cruise Soooooo bad right now !

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All 🙂

Brian

I did five cruises in a row in Nov/Dec, one B2B and the rest S2S (some same-day ship, some next-day ship).  

The only problem you may experience is that you don't know how to register for the test. 

Most ships put a QR code in the Cruise Compass and you use that to register (make sure to write down your appt time, because the confirmation you get has only the date, not the time!!!), but some ships aren't giving out the Cruise Compass unless you're "elderly or in a suite" -- so you have to ask at Guest Services for the QR code.  

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I did five cruises in a row in Nov/Dec, one B2B and the rest S2S (some same-day ship, some next-day ship).  

The only problem you may experience is that you don't know how to register for the test. 

“… some ships aren't giving out the Cruise Compass unless you're "elderly or in a suite" -- so you have to ask at Guest Services for the QR code.”

I didn’t know about the restrictions on getting a printed compass. We’ve had one delivered every night on all 6 recent cruises. While I’m not yet eligible for social security, I’m learning  that RCCL apparently considers me elderly. 

m

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I didn’t know about the restrictions on getting a printed compass. We’ve had one delivered every night on all 6 recent cruises. While I’m not yet eligible for social security, I’m learning  that RCCL apparently considers me elderly. 

m

Only ship I experienced it on was Allure.  Freedom, Symphony, and Jewel all delivered Compasses daily as usual.

We recently got tested on Freedom the day before we got off in preparation to boarding Symphony on the 18th - we got rapid antigen for vax’d and a rapid pcr for our single dose kiddo under 12.

The only hiccup was we had to wait for the results before leaving the Star Lounge where the testing was taking place.  It took about an hour for the pcr test and it was Coco Cay day - luckily we tested early in the morning and only missed a bit of shore time

19 hours ago, Bellfree Bat said:

We were on a side to side, with 2 days in between, and they were able to test us the morning of debarkation to meet the 2 day requirement. Made it easy for us!

who did you contact to have that done? I have the same situation in January and am trying to figure out what to do.

3 hours ago, jamestown478 said:

who did you contact to have that done? I have the same situation in January and am trying to figure out what to do.

We have a side to side booked in March. Symphony and then on to the Jewel. I was told through C&A that during my cruise to go to Guest Relations and tell them that you'll be doing a side to side on the Jewel. They will notify you when to have the test two days before you disembark the Symphony. In addition we will receive free transportation from one ship to another. I'd be surprised if that's changed. Anyone ?

• Like 1

Recently cruised Harmony with a CCl cruise booked the same day of departing from Harmony.  Was told by guest services that RCL provides complimentary last day testing only for customers departing for S2S or B2B on RCL ships.  RCL customers moving to a different cruise line must arrange for testing at the pier or other places at their own expense.  Be aware.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SingBill said:

Can anyone advise what documentation you must present to Guest Services staff when requesting testing for. Side to side cruise?

Hi Mary, We have done several B2B and 2 side to side. We did one Allure to Odyssey with 1 day in between and we were tested 1 day before we got off and only needed our vaccination cards to present when taking the test. We didn't need anything at guest service, just told them and they setup our appointment. Our last one was Adventure to Liberty with 2 days in between. Still didn't need to present anything to Guest Services but did talk to them and they scheduled a 7am appointment for us in the medical office on the day we disembarked so it would be within 2 days of boarding Liberty. The nurse did the test and ask us to wait for the results which was just a few minutes. Be sure you request a copy of the results that you can present to the 2nd ship at check in. Allure delivered a printout to our room and sent an email. Adventure gave us a sticker with all the information. When we presented that at check in for Liberty the lady was not familiar with it and call a supervisor. They accepted it with no issues other than they hadn't seen one before. If you are boarding within 1 day your test is done in the conference room with all the consecutive cruisers. Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing this information. We've been cruising for 30+ years and we've done many b2b and now b2b2b, but I never knew one could do a side2side.  In fact, I wanted to get off one RCCL ship and get on another the same day but didn't know how I could do it with the testing requirement.  This info has opened up a whole new world for me....Game Changer!

On 12/25/2021 at 4:50 PM, SingBill said:

Can anyone advise what documentation you must present to Guest Services staff when requesting testing for. Side to side cruise?

Nothing -- I just told them I was going on <ship> on <sail date> and needed to register for the COVID test and they gave me the info to make my appointment.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, TX.Mameow&amp;Papeow said:

Hi Mary, We have done several B2B and 2 side to side. We did one Allure to Odyssey with 1 day in between and we were tested 1 day before we got off and only needed our vaccination cards to present when taking the test. We didn't need anything at guest service, just told them and they setup our appointment. Our last one was Adventure to Liberty with 2 days in between. Still didn't need to present anything to Guest Services but did talk to them and they scheduled a 7am appointment for us in the medical office on the day we disembarked so it would be within 2 days of boarding Liberty. The nurse did the test and ask us to wait for the results which was just a few minutes. Be sure you request a copy of the results that you can present to the 2nd ship at check in. Allure delivered a printout to our room and sent an email. Adventure gave us a sticker with all the information. When we presented that at check in for Liberty the lady was not familiar with it and call a supervisor. They accepted it with no issues other than they hadn't seen one before. If you are boarding within 1 day your test is done in the conference room with all the consecutive cruisers. Hope this helps.

Thanks Barbara. This is the exact information I was looking for. Looking forward to seeing you on our upcoming cruises

• Like 1