Deluxe drink package Buy 1 get one 50% off - Oasis of the Seas 7 night January 23

Hi,

So I noticed the drink package was originally priced at $66 per person per night and now it's being advertised as Buy 1 at $66 pp and get second one 50% off.  I thought, oh great!  Then started doing the math based on the original advertised price and both packages end up equalling $1090 total (including the 18% gratuity) for 2 persons on this 7 night cruise!  Ugh!  I thought I was going to get a great deal........

Does that math add up?.. that seems like both at the 66 dollar rate. Or is it a higher regular rate for the BOGOHO

Interested as we're on this sailing.  We have the Deluxe/Voom 1 device for 2 booked at 1150.

Usually when Royal does a buy one get one half off they just raise the original price on the first one. It's not to often they have a real sale. It's their dynamic pricing. Black Friday can have some decent sales, at least on the internet that I know of. 

The Black Friday "Sale" was the same "Cat and Mouse/Smoke and Mirrors" game that RCL likes to play.  I did read in roll calls that 2-3 weeks before Navigator's Nov 19 and 29 sailings the DBP did drop to $44.  Haven't seen anyone else claim they got that good of a deal.  From what I've read the going rate is $64-$66 a day "sale" price.

• Thanks 1

Not gonna lie - 

I am going on my first RCI cruise in February and these pricing games on their drink and internet packages have left a real bad taste in my mouth and are not a good impression. I keep getting emails that they are "on sale" but the price is the same as they were before the sale.

When a cruise line starts out their relationship with you by lying before you even get on the ship....

Royal Caribbean is NOT raising prices before a sale. The prices they advertise in dollar amounts are the net price after the sale terms are applied. In the old-style cruise planner format, a sale would also begin with prices being adjusted beginning the evening prior to the advertised start date, but the percent-off banners overlaid on the images weren't immediately updated so you might get the impression of prices being manipulated; they're not. The percent-off banner will get corrected sometime on the day the sale begins. But there is almost always a time the percent-off banner doesn't match up with the price shown; the price shown however is correct.

This process is getting fixed in the "My Royal Shop" being rolled out. Unfortunately, too, it appears they're now not calculating the "Buy 1 get 50% off the second" terms in the same way; in the old cruise planner, that would simply become 25% off each package. In the new scheme, that seems to mean truly buy one at full price, get the second one at 50% off; if you only need to buy one, you won't get 25% off it, you'll get whatever the pre-sale discount was, which is usually 20% off. Either that is a new mistake, or is intentional. Onboard it is almost always treated as buy one at full price, get the second at 50% off, and if you only need to buy one, you're paying full price.

But they're not committing the fraud some people claim of raising prices prior to a sale so the resulting sale price is essentially the same as it was before. That actually would be fraud and illegal in most US jurisdictions.

10 hours ago, GWP-OKC said:

The Black Friday "Sale" was the same "Cat and Mouse/Smoke and Mirrors" game that RCL likes to play.  I did read in roll calls that 2-3 weeks before Navigator's Nov 19 and 29 sailings the DBP did drop to $44.  Haven't seen anyone else claim they got that good of a deal.  From what I've read the going rate is $64-$66 a day "sale" price.

I got my May 30 seven night Alaska for $49.99 before gratuities.

6 hours ago, dswallow said:

Royal Caribbean is NOT raising prices before a sale. The prices they advertise in dollar amounts are the net price after the sale terms are applied. In the old-style cruise planner format, a sale would also begin with prices being adjusted beginning the evening prior to the advertised start date, but the percent-off banners overlaid on the images weren't immediately updated so you might get the impression of prices being manipulated; they're not. The percent-off banner will get corrected sometime on the day the sale begins. But there is almost always a time the percent-off banner doesn't match up with the price shown; the price shown however is correct.

This process is getting fixed in the "My Royal Shop" being rolled out. Unfortunately, too, it appears they're now not calculating the "Buy 1 get 50% off the second" terms in the same way; in the old cruise planner, that would simply become 25% off each package. In the new scheme, that seems to mean truly buy one at full price, get the second one at 50% off; if you only need to buy one, you won't get 25% off it, you'll get whatever the pre-sale discount was, which is usually 20% off. Either that is a new mistake, or is intentional. Onboard it is almost always treated as buy one at full price, get the second at 50% off, and if you only need to buy one, you're paying full price.

But they're not committing the fraud some people claim of raising prices prior to a sale so the resulting sale price is essentially the same as it was before. That actually would be fraud and illegal in most US jurisdictions.

How does this happen then?

After I purchased my cruise I looked at the drink package and it was listed at $64 per night.

Around black Friday I got an email saying "Limited time! Extra Savings! Ends Sunday!" and the price of the beverage package was... $64 a night.

That Monday I looked again, no sale banner, and the drink package was... $64 a night.

Last week I got another email advertising their Christmas sale. Again the banner said there was a discount on the beverage package and when I looked... $64 a night.

Today that sale banner is gone, and guess what, the beverage package is still $64 a night.

So at what time was the beverage package on sale?

8 hours ago, wallyboag said:

After I purchased my cruise I looked at the drink package and it was listed at $64 per night.

Around black Friday I got an email saying "Limited time! Extra Savings! Ends Sunday!" and the price of the beverage package was... $64 a night.

That Monday I looked again, no sale banner, and the drink package was... $64 a night.

Last week I got another email advertising their Christmas sale. Again the banner said there was a discount on the beverage package and when I looked... $64 a night.

Today that sale banner is gone, and guess what, the beverage package is still $64 a night.

The only sale showing up for me is the unlimited.drinks.package plus basic internet for 73 or 74 dollars.  Which is not.a bad deal if you want internet access. .

sadly , if you want the bet price, it is best to check daily. When you see a price you are comfortable with paying, but it. If a better price comes along cancel initial purchase and buy lower price, down side to that is waiting to be credited for initial purchase. 

Also never loo at % off or gimicky word's. Always look at price and keep track of pricing plus the 18%.

On 12/27/2021 at 9:57 PM, wallyboag said:

I got another email today saying I could get "Up to 35% off beverage packages!"

Anyone want to guess how much the beverage package was when I followed the link?

image.png.990a19e810d9348beb7f2148f04eadf5.png

image.thumb.png.9f857ae6ba3e764baa789ee41145bbe3.png