Thank You !!!

We were on the Anthem of the Seas and returned to Bayonne, NJ Friday, December 24, 2021.  When we got to the parking lot our van would not start.  The battery was dead.  I want to THANK the gentleman parked next to us and the woman from Pennsylvania.  The gentleman immediately got out of his car and offered to help.  We asked several people if they had jumper cables and a kind woman said she had some in her truck.  With the help of these two kind people, we were able to get our van started and made our trip home without a problem.  A warning to those parking in the lot in Bayonne. The lot can not help you.  Make sure you have jumper cables with you.  THANK YOU to the man and woman who helped us!

Happy New Year to all, see you on the next cruise.

• Like 19

We returned to a dead battery several years ago in Bayonne and learned that you are on your own. We called  the auto association but it took quite awhile. The concern was our 96 year old mom and the heat. Be prepared with battery cables!!!

I'm so glad to hear you got the help you needed! 

7 hours ago, hancock said:

It's wise to have your own battery charger with you so you don't have to depend on outside help.  Will be parked at Bayonne for 22 days.  Will have fully charged charger in car. 

I agree. We got some for our cars a few years ago, and we've had occasion to use one. It was very nice to have that on hand! 

I want to say they were something like $30 each. The peace of mind was worth at least that, and the convenience of having it on hand the time we needed it just the one time is enough to justify the cost forever. 

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Glad to hear you were able to find people to help you. I have always carried a set of jumper cables in my vehicles. I have used them a lot more to help someone else than I have used them to help myself.

I am like you, use my jumper cables more to help other people.  It is a nice feeling to help someone else in there time of need.

9 hours ago, Lilly & Sonny said:

We were on the Anthem of the Seas and returned to Bayonne, NJ Friday, December 24, 2021.  When we got to the parking lot our van would not start.  The battery was dead.  I want to THANK the gentleman parked next to us and the woman from Pennsylvania.  The gentleman immediately got out of his car and offered to help.  We asked several people if they had jumper cables and a kind woman said she had some in her truck.  With the help of these two kind people, we were able to get our van started and made our trip home without a problem.  A warning to those parking in the lot in Bayonne. The lot can not help you.  Make sure you have jumper cables with you.  THANK YOU to the man and woman who helped us!

Happy New Year to all, see you on the next cruise.

Good to hear you found good people to help you. I love when I come across people like you who openly thank somebody for a great action. I think there is more good than bad in the world but some time people give more attention to the bad. Happy New Year!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It will be interesting to read such a thread in 5+ years in an increasing EV world when "jumping" an EV will be a bit more "complicated".

"Jumping" or "Junking".  LOL  From Facebook.  A Finnish Tesla owner received a repair bill totaling almost half of what he initially paid for the car. His response? Have YouTubers blow up the car with 66 pounds of dynamite and post the video rather than pay the hefty bill.

Just now, boscobeans said:

"Jumping" or "Junking".  LOL  From Facebook.  A Finnish Tesla owner received a repair bill totaling almost half of what he initially paid for the car. His response? Have YouTubers blow up the car with 66 pounds of dynamite and post the video rather than pay the hefty bill.

Actually the same thing happened to us after a long Winter cruise from Jersey.  Luckily we carry a jumper in the trunk.