Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

1 hour ago, vslparis said:

Unfortunately , we had to get off in Puerto Vallarta because my husband tripped and fell in the WC 😬. Viking medical arranged for him to see an orthopedic doctor there so I checked him into the hospital and myself into an all inclusive hotel about 5 minutes from the hospital . He had surgery and we had to stay in PV  about a total of 10 days before flying home to DFW . Not the way I planned on spending the first 4 months of the year .

now I am hoping that he will be OK to travel in June when we have a Greek Is.es trip with his sister and brother in law.  On the plus side , we were home when our first grandchild was born last Saturday 🥰

Oh no!! I am so sorry!! Was it his leg? Arm? I'm glad that they took good care of him in Puerto Vallarta and I sure hope that you are able to do the trips that you have planned for the future. What a disappointment, but I'm glad that he is on the mend.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

5 hours ago, vslparis said:

Unfortunately , we had to get off in Puerto Vallarta because my husband tripped and fell in the WC 😬. Viking medical arranged for him to see an orthopedic doctor there so I checked him into the hospital and myself into an all inclusive hotel about 5 minutes from the hospital . He had surgery and we had to stay in PV  about a total of 10 days before flying home to DFW . Not the way I planned on spending the first 4 months of the year .

now I am hoping that he will be OK to travel in June when we have a Greek Is.es trip with his sister and brother in law.  On the plus side , we were home when our first grandchild was born last Saturday 🥰

So sorry to hear that but it was good to hear that you got appropriate help from Viking Medical.  Maybe when you do cruise again it will be able to be without masks!  Congratulations on the new grandchild.

8 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

Oh no!! I am so sorry!! Was it his leg? Arm? I'm glad that they took good care of him in Puerto Vallarta and I sure hope that you are able to do the trips that you have planned for the future. What a disappointment, but I'm glad that he is on the mend.

8 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

He fractured his humerus in about a dozen places ; not a pretty picture ! Mara from Guest Services was very helpful , sending someone from housekeeping to help me pack, and was a pit bull in dealing with the local port agent and customs officials  ( I let them duke it out and told them when they figured it out they could find me at the Living Room bar  🤣) . Yes, this was a major disappointment and going to doctor’s appointments and taking him to PT was not how I planned on spending my time ,but we are thankful that he didn’t hit his head or had any kind life threatening injuries. He still has one good arm to hold our grandson ! 

5 hours ago, KTRaveller said:

So sorry to hear that but it was good to hear that you got appropriate help from Viking Medical.  Maybe when you do cruise again it will be able to be without masks!  Congratulations on the new grandchild.

Thank you. I was amazed at the size of the medical center and  how many people were working there.  They were very efficient and I hope never to have to see them again 😉. Viking’s onshore medical company kept in constant contact to make sure all his medical needs were taken car of , and Mara from Guest Services also was in contact to make sure that we were set in the hospital and I had a hotel. 

Yes, I am hoping by the time of our trip in June  that Covid  testing entry requirements are gone along with mask wearing  but will do what is necessary in order to travel. 

I'm so glad th

5 hours ago, vslparis said:

He fractured his humerus in about a dozen places ; not a pretty picture ! Mara from Guest Services was very helpful , sending someone from housekeeping to help me pack, and was a pit bull in dealing with the local port agent and customs officials  ( I let them duke it out and told them when they figured it out they could find me at the Living Room bar  🤣) . Yes, this was a major disappointment and going to doctor’s appointments and taking him to PT was not how I planned on spending my time ,but we are thankful that he didn’t hit his head or had any kind life threatening injuries. He still has one good arm to hold our grandson ! 

I'm so glad that he's on the mend. Humerus fractures are so painful! Glad Viking took care of you.

• Like 1

After yesterday’s storm, the weather has turned cool/cold. Had we been on our previous itinerary, we would be in India wearing shorts and sweating profusely. Doing a Med cruise in early March is an iffy proposition. We are having a good time but this is not what we signed up for. 

• Like 2

Hello all on the Viking Star. We are really enjoying your comments on your trip and learning lots.

A question for the Americans on this journey -- how are you handling your 2021 Tax Return due in mid-April? We are on next year's adventure and are wondering how to handle our taxes. TIA

1 hour ago, Travelerstory said:

Hello all on the Viking Star. We are really enjoying your comments on your trip and learning lots.

A question for the Americans on this journey -- how are you handling your 2021 Tax Return due in mid-April? We are on next year's adventure and are wondering how to handle our taxes. TIA

Instruct your tax person to file an extension.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

And you have to sign it, so get the form, sign it, and leave it with your accountant before you leave.  

You can file it yourself before you leave home. No need for an accountant. If you have tax filing software you can file it electronically, or if you're using an accountant or tax filing service they can file it electronically. neither requiring a physical signature.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Just saying what our accountant asked us to do.  I’m sure there are many ways to get the extension filed.  

Not everyone uses an accountant so my answer was geared primarily for those who don't and are certainly entitled to get a factual answer as to how to file an extension.