Costal kitchen

bgoff60

5 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Can Diamond level request to eat at costsl kitchen

If you're in a JS you can request reservations once onboard.  (Not guaranteed though - subject to availability).  Your seapass card will not open the door like in GS or higher so you would have to knock on the door.  

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

If you're in a JS you can request reservations once onboard.  (Not guaranteed though - subject to availability).  Your seapass card will not open the door like in GS or higher so you would have to knock on the door.  

We are in a JS and booked coastal kitchen on day one when we arrived and reserved five of seven nights. Very nice staff. 

1 minute ago, clover18 said:

We are in a JS and booked coastal kitchen on day one when we arrived and reserved five of seven nights. Very nice staff. 

Great -- congrats!  I guess you don't mind knocking on the door then.  LOL!  What ship are you currently on? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Great -- congrats!  I guess you don't mind knocking on the door then.  LOL!  What ship are you currently on? 

We didn’t have to knock. The host was standing at the desk outside the door 😎

20 minutes ago, clover18 said:

We didn’t have to knock. The host was standing at the desk outside the door 😎

Odyssey has the host deck outside CK....on Oasis class it's inside and you usually have to knock if your in a JS to get someones attention as your sea pass wouldn't open the door. 

49 minutes ago, Bradison said:

Not in my opinion.  The level of service is much higher than MDR but the food is in the same ballpark

I loved CK service -- fabulous and we thought the food was better although the Specialty Restaurants are even better.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Is the food in the Costal Kitchen tasty enough to give the UDP?

When we are in a suite on a ship that has CK, we usually just get a 3 night dining package, and ask the Concierge to make our reservations for us at the specialty restaurants.  We find that 4 nights there, 3 nights elsewhere, works well for us. 

1 hour ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Is the food in the Costal Kitchen tasty enough to give the UDP?

Not in my opinion... The UDP gives you multiple specialty restaurants. Coastal Kitchen is just a small step above the MDR.

1 hour ago, Bradison said:

Not in my opinion.  The level of service is much higher than MDR but the food is in the same ballpark

Guess opinions very, food in CK is as good as any of the specialty restaurants, just a different variety of menu.  If you have never done CK before I would say do it before going with a UDP.  You can always go with a UDP the next time if you don't like it.

28 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i gotta say filet was fantastic in CK oasis. i dont remember the rest being as outstanding though. love the 2 seaters by the window. dislike the butt seats against the wall. who wants to see my butt as i shimmy to the rear seat for dinner.

Depends. 

• Haha 2