A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

We are HOME!!!  🥳🥳🥳

Today was completely seamless.  We took an Uber this morning to the airport at 6:30AM for a whopping $12.27 including a tip.  When we got to the Air Canada area at FLL, we showed our vaccine docs and my negative test and Paul's positive test from 1/13/22.  We had no issues at all anywhere. All of our flights were on time.  I was flagged to get a PCR test in Montreal while going through customs (I assume because I was travelling with someone who had tested positive). It was no big deal and only took about 5 minutes and it was only that long because they had to register me with Dynacare.  They said I should get the results in five days. I really am kind of hoping it comes back positive 🤣

I just submitted all of my receipts to the guestrelations email.  Fingers crossed that it will not take TOO longer because it really is a significant chunk of change.

Thank you all for following along.  It certainly was not the vacation we had set out to have, but all in all it was really not a horrible experience and we made the most of it.  Assuming we do not have issues getting reimbursed, RCL was very generous with their allowances.  We got to stay in hotel for a week and eat at some restaurants we never would have tried. We learned about BeeperMD that I can imagine us using in the future. Hopefully we might even get enough Hilton points for a free stay somewhere.

I hope I did not miss anyone's questions.  If I missed any questions, or if anyone has any new questions, please let me know! 

We really appreciate all the care and concern that you guys have shown us 🙂

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 34

21 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

Glad to hear you made it hone safe and sound.

Do you have to isolate until you get the test results?  I hear conflicting reports in that. Some say yes, some say no. 

I was not told to isolate.  All they told me is that it would take up to 5 days to get the results.

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Jessy, glad to hear you have both made it home safe and sound. Please let us know how long it takes to get the results back and the refund too.  Be crazy if you tested positive. 

It would be crazy, but it would make travelling a little easier for awhile 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, JessyCruises said:

I was not told to isolate.  All they told me is that it would take up to 5 days to get the results.

Perfect. It kind of makes no sense telling some to isolate to wait but yet they let you get on your connection.  My friend was told to stay home but yet she was able to get on a connecting flight from Toronto to Ottawa. Her daughter flew straight to Ottawa she was told no she didn’t have to isolate.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

We are HOME!!!  🥳🥳🥳

Today was completely seamless.  We took an Uber this morning to the airport at 6:30AM for a whopping $12.27 including a tip.  When we got to the Air Canada area at FLL, we showed our vaccine docs and my negative test and Paul's positive test from 1/13/22.  We had no issues at all anywhere. All of our flights were on time.  I was flagged to get a PCR test in Montreal while going through customs (I assume because I was travelling with someone who had tested positive). It was no big deal and only took about 5 minutes and it was only that long because they had to register me with Dynacare.  They said I should get the results in five days. I really am kind of hoping it comes back positive 🤣

I just submitted all of my receipts to the guestrelations email.  Fingers crossed that it will not take TOO longer because it really is a significant chunk of change.

Thank you all for following along.  It certainly was not the vacation we had set out to have, but all in all it was really not a horrible experience and we made the most of it.  Assuming we do not have issues getting reimbursed, RCL was very generous with their allowances.  We got to stay in hotel for a week and eat at some restaurants we never would have tried. We learned about BeeperMD that I can imagine us using in the future. Hopefully we might even get enough Hilton points for a free stay somewhere.

I hope I did not miss anyone's questions.  If I missed any questions, or if anyone has any new questions, please let me know! 

We really appreciate all the care and concern that you guys have shown us 🙂

Blessings from Colorado.  I've been following along and so admiring your courage and patience. Thank you for all the time you spent helping to educate and inform so many of us.  I passed along your info on BeeperMD to another traveler yesterday who was nervous because they still didn't have their test results back and were leaving today.  Safe journey now.

• Like 1

Welcome Back. Glad you made it home safe.

If you were flying with AC I assume you were able to fly right into SJ from MTL?  Too bad, I would have stood on an overpass and waved 😉 you on your way if you had to land in Moncton.

You are a good sport, and we learned a lot through your ordeal, but I hope your next trip is... less eventful 😁

dp

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dpostman said:

Welcome Back. Glad you made it home safe.

If you were flying with AC I assume you were able to fly right into SJ from MTL?  Too bad, I would have stood on an overpass and waved 😉 you on your way if you had to land in Moncton.

You are a good sport, and we learned a lot through your ordeal, but I hope your next trip is... less eventful 😁

dp

🤣

Yes, we had to cancel our Westjet flight and since the people that were supposed to be driving us home from Moncton were the one who were supposed to be on our cruise with us last week but had to cancel because of the positive test, we figured we might as well just rebook with Air Canada and fly right home instead.  If we had flown to Moncton we would have had to take a cab from Moncton which would have been even more $$$.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Glad you’re back home.

How do you think you were able to remain negative? Did you wear a mask while staying in the hotel with Paul?

I really have no clue.  While we were in quarantine on the ship, we wore masks the 1st night (Paul even slept with one on). We stopped after the 1st night, as we figured if I was going to get it, I was going to get it.  For the 1st few days, I did make sure not to touch anything he did and if I had to I used a lysol wipe on it first.  I think I just got lucky.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

I was just going to ask this.  GC website did travelers from the  US did not have to isolate but international travelers do.  It didn't sound as if there was any leeway.  Did you list the islands that you travelled to in ArriveCan?  Maybe they never looked at ArriveCan and just saw that you arrived in a flight from the US.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was just going to ask this.  GC website did travelers from the  US did not have to isolate but international travelers do.  It didn't sound as if there was any leeway.  Did you list the islands that you travelled to in ArriveCan?  Maybe they never looked at ArriveCan and just saw that you arrived in a flight from the US.

We never actually got off the ship so I did not list the Islands, I probably should have 

3 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

We never actually got off the ship so I did not list the Islands, I probably should have 

That could be why the no automatic quarantine.  Would be interesting to hear of other Canadians experiences.

This is something I'm debating on right now.  Sailing with my daughter on a 4 day in February.  I have a positive test so its all good for me but my daughter didn't.  Their university has just headed back to in person starting the week after we get back. (we are going on their reading week)  If she has to quarantine for 3-5 days or longer waiting for test results it could be a problem for her.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That could be why the no automatic quarantine.  Would be interesting to hear of other Canadians experiences.

This is something I'm debating on right now.  Sailing with my daughter on a 4 day in February.  I have a positive test so its all good for me but my daughter didn't.  Their university has just headed back to in person starting the week after we get back. (we are going on their reading week)  If she has to quarantine for 3-5 days or longer waiting for test results it could be a problem for her.

If you have Nexus you should list them. Just in case. 

Sarah could try to get Covid again but do it quick.  Then get tested to be the positive she should have from Christmas.

• Like 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Sarah could try to get Covid again but do it quick.  Then get tested to be the positive she should have from Christmas.

Definitely listing the ports.  The consequences of not listing them and getting caught far outweigh the short term inconvenience of a 3-5 day quarantine. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sad right?  Show's you how messed things are with our government that we want to get covid in advance so that we don't have an issue returning to our own country (but timed right so antigen test to get on ship is negative).  We had the exact thought.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Sad right?  Show's you how messed things are with our government that we want to get covid in advance so that we don't have an issue returning to our own country (but timed right so antigen test to get on ship is negative).  We had the exact thought.

Problem now is getting the PCR test done