A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

23 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Adorable!!! What breed?

Hi Jessey.....that was so you didn't have to see that sad look!!

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this for everyone here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Day 4 Cruise Planner

61B63892-9780-4C7A-9B77-D4B0B0508DB9.jpeg

042EB6F0-07AA-4ED4-8124-CB56375B2FC6.jpeg

D573CD84-D59F-4405-BBB5-1464A62841CE.jpeg

BD8DFE5F-F9CA-445D-AF4A-185861177244.jpeg

Hi Jessy,

Have you seen any skating in the sea plex...they have stopped it on the Anthem but still have skating on the Oasis ships.....hope they start to have that activity again.

12 hours ago, gc said:

Hi Jessy,

Have you seen any skating in the sea plex...they have stopped it on the Anthem but still have skating on the Oasis ships.....hope they start to have that activity again.

Jessy, if your kicking around "next cruise" or you see a lull at the "guest services" desk do you think you could pop in and see if they have any back up plans for next week for Aruba and Curacao?  We will be watching your cruise closely for next week as we have the same itinerary on the 29th.  They have been pretty tight with ships docking and was just curious.  Don't go out of your way and please keep us updated on the time you are having on Odyssey. Have a blast!!!  Dan

34 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Jessy, if your kicking around "next cruise" or you see a lull at the "guest services" desk do you think you could pop in and see if they have any back up plans for next week for Aruba and Curacao?  We will be watching your cruise closely for next week as we have the same itinerary on the 29th.  They have been pretty tight with ships docking and was just curious.  Don't go out of your way and please keep us updated on the time you are having on Odyssey. Have a blast!!!  Dan

I would appreciate also, we board Saturday.

• Like 1

Well we knew it could happen eventually.  Paul has tested positive for Covid onboard.

We have others joining us next week for the 8 night cruise.  We wanted to take a rapid antigen test before they flew down just in case as both cruise cabins are booked in our names.  We took the test this morning and he was positive.  Called guest services to report it and they sent someone up to give him a PCR test.  We got a call within an hour or so confirming he was positive.  We are still working on logistics but I will report back with all the dirty details. 

We are still trying to salvage the trip for next week for the rest of us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

Well we knew it could happen eventually.  Paul has tested positive for Covid onboard.

We have others joining us next week for the 8 night cruise.  We wanted to take a rapid antigen test before they flew down just in case as both cruise cabins are booked in our names.  We took the test this morning and he was positive.  Called guest services to report it and they sent someone up to give him a PCR test.  We got a call within an hour or so confirming he was positive.  We are still working on logistics but I will report back with all the dirty details. 

Sorry to read this Jessy.

Keep us posted to what you wish to share, or not. If you don’t like the direction your review might go, report the offending individuals/posts.  Sadly I’ve had to do it on some of my live reviews in the past.

As a fellow Canadian, with final payment at the end of the month, I am curious to your experience from now until you get home.  That being said, “we here” are fortunate enough to travel through your eyes, but it is a privilege not a right.  

Hope everything goes as best as possible. 🤞

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

So upsetting to hear.  Please be safe and hang in there.  We are all sending positive vibes for Pauls quick recovery.  Thanks for all you have reported on and we wish you the best of luck.  A meet up on a future cruise is definitely in our future.  Dan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

That's terrible news to hear. Hope you are able to salvage the best from this.🤞

We are on a B2B coming up shortly and this is my worst senario. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Awe, Jessy, so sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best for all of you!!

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sorry to read this Jessy.
Hope everything goes as best as possible. 🤞

+3 , and joining all the others for a full and speedy recovery for Paul.

• Like 2

Really sorry to hear this. I enjoyed following along. I was concerned when you reported the experience on the transfer coach to this cruise and was a little nervous for you. I hope you stay healthy and are able to join your friends on the next leg. I hope things go smoothly for Paul from here.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear this.  Hope your husband is not too sick.  You had mentioned in an earlier post that you were concerned about the person on the transfer bus sitting behind you and coughing a lot 🥺 ugh!!!  What a bummer at any time but especially when you have family planning to join you next week. Take care of yourself and all the best to hubby!!!  

• Like 1

So sorry to hear this, and you are right, it can happen. We got off the Allure last Saturday, my hubby woke up with a runny nose and a slight headache. We were off the ship and home by 8:15, and he said  we should do a rapid test to make sure we did not have Covid. I was shocked when he was positive (I was negative). It is now Thursday and he is fine, but I had already canceled our Allure cruise leaving this Sunday. I hope things resolve quickly and effortlessly for you and your family.  

• Like 3

Here is how our day went down.  

As I mentioned above, we took antigen tests today because we had others flying out at 6AM tomorrow to join us on the cruise on Saturday.  My test was negative.  Paul's control line was faint but the Covid line was so obvious it might as well have been flashing and giving off a siren.

IMG_5767.jpg.f5b663011cb7a2e7c38ae15b241b9ebe.jpg

He immediately called down to guest services and they said they would be sending someone up to give a PCR test. We were told I would not be getting as test because I was not symptomatic. I think they arrived within 30 minutes and did the test on Paul and took his temperature which was 100% normal.  Within an hour he had a call that he was positive and giving us some additional details about next steps.  The phone did not stop ringing in our cabin all day.

They told us Paul would be moving down to quarantine on deck 3 shortly so to pack up.  I was told someone would be coming by to give me a PCR test and if I was negative I could either go with Paul to quarantine cabin or stay put and if I was negative again tomorrow I could go out into the ship.  Until then I would be in quarantine in our original cabin.  I opted to stay in our original cabin as at the time I was still trying to salvage next weeks cruise for the others who were to join us - more on that later.

Room service called to see if we needed anything. We ended up ordering lunch from the room service menu.  I had a cobb salad and Paul got wings and a burger.  Needless to say in the confusion I forgot to get pics LOL.  Right after the food arrived, they showed up to do my test.  They said I would have my results within an hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2