Got stopped at check in...My vax card just had initials next to Shot 2 date - FL Shots ok?

tbmrt

On a recent cruise when I got to show the actual vax card at checkin, the clerk questioned me as to the 2nd shot not having the facility name indicated.  The nurse just put her initials there.  So they called a supervisor who okayed my going aboard.  She checked and saw that my husband's card had the same two dates and his card had the facility name written next to 2nd shot.

Hope this will not reoccur in the future.  I got my shots at our community where representatives from FL Health Dept gave it to us so I don't think I can easily get a new card.  

I did get my FL Shots record evidencing my two Covid shots.  Has anyone used something like this instead of the card at checkin??

Consider keeping an electronic vax card w/QR code on your smart phone in addition to a physical card, and be prepared to show either or both, with dates, mfg, etc synced up. Places can have different proof-of-vax rules. I prefer to minimize any chance of being denied entry. 

• Like 1

X2 on the suggestion to have a digital Vax record

Additionally, I would not hesitate to reach out for a replacement of the wallet card.  We all lose things.  I'm betting they have a process to replace lost/damaged cards. Just let them know there was an issue with the missing facility name.    

If you’re lucky enough to have healthcare providers who use MyChart for medical records, you may be surprised to find that your Covid shots are already recorded and you can see that record on the web or in the MyChart app. 
Also, if you live in a State that has a Covid ID capacity (e.g., CA or NY), you can download a QR code.

5 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Ours do not have my husband's initial. Wondering if we are going to have an issue.

Huh, mine doesn't have my initials.   Unless your husband was the administering healthcare person, why would his initials be needed?  

I feel like I'm on thin ice here. I'm sure I'm missing something!  😃😃😃  

PS: I see Song of Norway in your signature.  That was the first cruise ship my parents ever sailed, way back in the mid 70's.  

Not unlike visas and airline tix some “authorities” want the name on all items to match including middle initials. 

My CDC Covid card has my shortened first name and full last name on a preprinted label. My passport and driver’s license has my full first/middle/last name. I could see someone wanting added info. Fortunately,I have both the State of California QR Code and the MyChart record to provide further proof. 
BTW: The provider name on My card is all initials (West County Health Center).

15 hours ago, tbmrt said:

On a recent cruise when I got to show the actual vax card at checkin, the clerk questioned me as to the 2nd shot not having the facility name indicated.  The nurse just put her initials there.  So they called a supervisor who okayed my going aboard.  She checked and saw that my husband's card had the same two dates and his card had the facility name written next to 2nd shot.

Hope this will not reoccur in the future.  I got my shots at our community where representatives from FL Health Dept gave it to us so I don't think I can easily get a new card.  

I did get my FL Shots record evidencing my two Covid shots.  Has anyone used something like this instead of the card at checkin??

I found my local county health department made photo copies of the CDC card onto an 8x11 card, also unacceptable.  I do have an electronic version that was set up the state on my iphone.   p

On 12/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not unlike visas and airline tix some “authorities” want the name on all items to match including middle initials. 

My CDC Covid card has my shortened first name and full last name on a preprinted label. My passport and driver’s license has my full first/middle/last name. I could see someone wanting added info. Fortunately,I have both the State of California QR Code and the MyChart record to provide further proof. 
BTW: The provider name on My card is all initials (West County Health Center).

I had my California state Vax doc with qr code on my phone and printed out as well as the CDC Vax card (physical and picture saved on my phone) in Greece, Italy and Spain. I tried showing the state record in a number of places. It wasn't accepted anywhere. A couple of places tried scanning the QR code but got nothing useful from it. It appears to be only useful with some associated software.

With one exception, the CDC card picture on my phone was accepted everywhere. Some places also wanted ID to check the name against. Be sure to carry ID as well as the card. One passenger on an excursion didn't bring ID but the guide talked the clerk into accepting the ship card even though it lacked a picture.

The exception was a small museum where my forehead was scanned for fever as an alternative.

My husband realized his card had his short name well before our trip. He went back to the pharmacy and they replaced it with one with the proper name. After a bit, the California state information got the correction.

On 12/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, ldubs said:

Huh, mine doesn't have my initials.   Unless your husband was the administering healthcare person, why would his initials be needed?  

I feel like I'm on thin ice here. I'm sure I'm missing something!  😃😃😃  

PS: I see Song of Norway in your signature.  That was the first cruise ship my parents ever sailed, way back in the mid 70's.  

It's his middle initials on the typed name.  We honeymooned on SON back in 1990. Wow she was old when we went on her.  Loved that ship.  Caught the cruise bug from her.